do you own a tv?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by Echoing Moon, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I have 3 tvs, one in the bedroom and one in the living room and one of these babies in the den that we watch Disney VHS tapes on :D takes me back to my childhood

bdbfcea96b0670646a81a687321acd84--console-tv-tv-sets.jpg

Irminsul and EloiseAtThePlaza like this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

What a beautiful television set! :smiley:

David0301 likes this.
  3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

My late mother would never allow a television in the house. She called them lunatics lanterns.

Eavesdrop and David0301 like this.
  4. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

I have two TV, one downstairs for social entertainment the other upstairs (as it came free with my media package)

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

your phone, pc is a tv ..

[​IMG]

6. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Not including my phone and two lap tops, 4

8. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I own a TV. But it doesn't own me.

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

nope.

there's one that kindof doesn't work that belongs to the place where i live, but i don't own it, and its unplugged, and has been almost as long as i've lived here.
    (which has been several years now)

fur affinity, hip forums, nation states, pinterest, art station, youtube occasionally, my yahoo mail account, making stuff in the 3d does it all for free software blender, reading books, mostly sciffy and mystery, riding around town on the city bus, and playing with trains in trainz 2012 and bahn388r2, oh and i have a very small physical model railroad, which i putter around and build things on occasionally too, and a furry convention once a year, pretty well has me covered for 'entertainment'.

my news comes to my inbox, or from links i hear about on the already mentioned forums.
    which IS better coverage then most of the corporate media.
    (i do get notifications in my inbox from democracy now, the hill, mother jones, assorted other less then totally corporate media,
    and of course a diverse assortment of politicians and causes, frequently wanting me to throw money i don't have at them)

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

not with my minimal bandwidth account it isn't. though i do watch what little of youtube that permits on it, and take imaginary road trips with google maps. that's and checking bus schedules, are almost the only things i actually do on/with it, as i don't know anyone to call, and i leave the ringer turned off and seldom take it with me when i leave the house, relying instead on a folding pocked clock, that is just a clock, no other functions at all. i have received several calls on it, (the android, not the pocket clock) but the few times i've attempted to return them to find out who or what they are, they've turned out to be like what you get when you attempt to reply to a spam email. we're sorry, the number you have reached, does not exist. if you would like to contact us in the twilight zone, please call our customer service number. lol.

11. hotwater

If money wasn't the issue (which of course it is) I'd purchase the 110 inch Samsung UHD TV

[​IMG]

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    So you can see all the HD stuff in HD and all the older stuff in horrible quality ;)

WritersPanic likes this.
  13. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I don't own one and never have.

14. Yes.
    I don't like watching things on laptop or phone.

15. This pic has been skewed. Unless both girls came out of the birth canal oddly.

16. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

if money wasn't the issue, i'd purchase the girl on the right.

hotwater likes this.
  18. hotwater

Yeah, the old stuff can be a bit grainy even when the screen is half the size [​IMG]

19. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Our daughter has just bought an ultra HD set.
    With 4k (4000 pixels per horizontal line) 300 Hz refresh rate and OLED (organic light emitting diode) display. the quality is unbelievable and equivalent to 70mm film.
    The problem is that you can only see all this on the demo DVD, since no commercial channels use the technology at the moment. The HD channels are 2k resolution, but even then, only about 20% if material was shot in HD. Other than a few sports cameras, everything is shot at 25 FPS frame rate, so every frame is shown 12 times.

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Lol yeah that's why I didn't bother with the 4k TV instead used the extra cash to get a 65" screen. Then I'd have to buy 4k DVDs and a DVD player and you know what??? My eye site isn't even good enough to see the differences so why bother? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: