Do you own a gun?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by kwal30, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L.A.Matthews

L.A.Matthews Senior Member

That's some very interesting information you've found, and I stand corrected, but does this gun crime amount to anything compared to the US?

2. kwal30

kwal30 Member

If you ask me The UK and the US are incomparable when it comes to violence. I've never been in the UK but I believe that the differences in violence have a lot more to do with the countries' different cultures than laws. And this doesn't just go for the UK. The US has far more violence than most if not all countries in the world. I think the reason for this is that most countires have homogenous cultures while the US is truly a 'melting pot' of various races and cultures. The simple fact is people view this as a reason to hate one another and use violence as a result. This is well documented throughout US history. From cowboys to soldiers the US is a culture that enamors violence and power. This is no different today, just look at the US's foreign policies. And I'm not sure who wrote it but yes, when laws are made to ban things they just go underground and potentially become more dangerous because now there is no regulation of it. If you think that by banning guns nobody would be able to acquire them, thats probably a pretty naive point of view. I'd love to see some statistics on how many murders are committed by licensed, registered gun owners versus unregistered/unlicensed/stolen guns. If people want to do something they will find a way.

3. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

The FBI's own statistics show that the vast majority of guns used in crimes are unregistered firearms, I forget the exact number, but I do think it was around 85%, I'll be back with the exact number when I can find it.

4. twiztidrainbow

twiztidrainbow Senior Member

5. brainstew

brainstew Member

No. why would I? Animals are my children, I will NEVER eat or kill them and human beings are my brothers and sisters, why would I want to kill my brothers and sisters? Guns are only for one thing, killing.

6. brainstew

brainstew Member

I have an alarm system, it scared away robber two times, no gun, no killing. More people die from getting shot from their own gun then being shot while commiting a crime, like breaking in somone's home

7. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

No, I think they're extremely unnecessary. Aswell as people being way too trigger-happy.

I have a supersoaker though:)

8. wildnasty692

wildnasty692 Member

The question should be how many guns do you Own...lol
    I have to many to count

9. brainstew

brainstew Member

I was watching the news about gun violence and I should of been more specific, it is more likely that you will get shot with yoour own gun than you shooting and aprehending a person who attempts to break into your house. They were saying that most of the shootings that kill small childern aren't from a gun that someone else had but they are most likely to be killed by a gun that their parents own that they or their friends were playing with. Im sorry, Im less specific on this I saw the story on this awhile ago. I wasnt too sure but a class mote of mine did gun violence for her persuasive speech and she mentioned something simular.

10. Any Color You Like

Any Color You Like Senior Member

I don't feel the necessity to defend myself at every moment. In consequence, I don't possess a gun.

11. brainstew

brainstew Member

I agree. Even If I was a paranoid weirdo I would carry a gun they have only one purpose and I dont wanna kill any or my brothers and sisters

12. crud3w4re

crud3w4re I like Grunge.

I don't own a gun, but I've thought about buying one. I like them - All the cool one's are illegal, unfortunately. hm

13. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

Several, but I only use two, one for hunting ( rifle ) and one I use at the shooting range, ( I'm a member of the EOHC ).

14. Mister_Casey

Mister_Casey Member

Several big caliber hand guns. I don't kill defensless animals, I just have them for self defense in my home. Some of them are even registered, but not most of them.

15. Loveminx

Loveminx Sports Racer

I plan to get a deuce deuce...but for now I carry a pocketknife with me everywhere cause I tend to hitchhike and walk at night...

16. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Ive got that deuce deuce in the trunk of my car. Oh yea, if you only knew all the love that I've found. Its hard to keep my soul on the ground. Your a FOOL! Don't fuck around with my dog. I'll that I can see I steel, fill up my garage. Cuz in my mind....music from Jamaca all the love that I found. Pull over theres a reason why my souls unsound. It's you, its that shit stuck under my shoe. Its the smell inside the van, its my bedsheets covered in sand. Sittin through a shitty band, gettin hassled by the man. Livin in a something pad, gettin yelled at by my dad. Blah bla blah blah something something. Sayin I'm happy when I'm not...findin roaches in the pot! Woooaaaahh All these things that I do, are waiting for you!

Sorry, once I started I just couldn't stop lol

17. Loveminx

Loveminx Sports Racer

Sublime kicks ass. ^_^

18. MIIDAJ

MIIDAJ Member

Yes

I kill some defenseless animals with them, i shoot them for fun sometimes, i have never used them for protection but they are there if a sitaution were ever to arise.

Just wondering, those who see hunting as killing a defenseless animal, do you see a farmer killing a cow in a fenced in field and shipped to your local supermarket in the same light?

19. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

I used to own(but not longer own) a .22 pistol, two .22 rifles and a sawed off 20 gauge.

My friend and fellow hipforums member who will go unnamed owns two SKS rifles and an AK-47.

Did ya'll know that Canadians own more guns per capita than Americans do but they have FAR LESS gun related crimes than we do?

20. capitan1962

capitan1962 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.