Do you own a gun?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by kwal30, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't own a gun Sometimes I think I'd like something small. I don't know what you would call it, a snubnose revolver? I don't know what I'd do with it. Probably just leave it laying around without any bullets. Point it at things.

2. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That's the old "Saturday night special". Get something decent, something respectable. You might like the 9x19 subcompact from Glock. My recommendation is a Ruger .22.

Ruger® SR22® * Rimfire Pistol Models

Nice quality, easy to learn on, reliable, uses affordable ammo.

Get to a range or out in the country - with a knowledgeable, competent, responsible, accomplished operator as an instructor.

You'll learn what to do with it - safety, maintenance, and targeting - and how.

Beware, once you begin to start mastering it, improving your skill may become addictive!

3. MartNorth

MartNorth Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That looks like the remington I grew hunting rabbits with. I still have it, still shoots straight.

4. I'm not sure I can even legally purchase a firearm, since I have schizophrenia.

5. JRHardy

JRHardy Members

No. I do know those who own a shotgun or rifle for hunting though. Handguns are virtually impossible to get even with a certificate.
    Plus I have a mental illness so I would not qualify. That said I have always been anti-gun. Nobody needs an assault style rifle imho.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

This is America, of course you can

Orison likes this.
  7. Dangnabbit, you're right! I can do anything!

8. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don't know the law. Do you have any violent tendencies? If you do I recommend staying clear but you could take the background check to find out if you pass or not.

The definition is:
    "a long-term mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behavior, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation."

Sounds like a person should be denied access, but in reality that definition could mean a wide range of effects and doesn't necessarily include wishing harm to self or others.

9. Redneckpapa

Redneckpapa Members

I own a lot of guns, and knives and archery equipment..... I try to be as self sufficient as possible, living off my land as much as I can.

10. JamieBurton

JamieBurton Members

I am in the UK. I have a .308 rifle, a .22LR and a couple of shotguns, 12 and 10 bore.

I shoot targets at a club and clay pigeons as well as shooting ducks and woodpigeons which I eat.

I enjoy the skill of marksmanship and practice it out to 1000yds most weekends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.