Do you like yourself

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Bellfire01, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

I mean when you are all alone and there is no one to spend time with on the computer, phone and etc, can you hang out with yourself? Can you go out to lunch by yourself and feel comfortable? Can you go places that are normally known as couple's places by yourself? What kind of a person do you think you are and how do you feel people feel about being around you?

2. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i do lots of things by myself and i like it. :)

3. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I like myself a little too much sometimes.

4. Bellfire01

I like myself. I can hangout with myself and have a good time. I can go out to lunch and feel comfortable sometimes but now it seems I really wish I had someone with me. I can't go to things where everyone has someone to do something with because I start to feel lonely. I think I'm a pretty nice person and cool to hang around with but I feel people are turned off by me. I think that humans are intimate creatures and my lack of trust and my lack of human companionship has made me hard to know. I guess that people like me but feel uncomfortable because I don't really let them know me.

5. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

haha i like myself for the most part, but other times i want to kick my own ass cause i find myself pretty annoying :D haha..yeah...

6. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I like hanging out alone...I have very few friends as it is, so I love to go to movies by myself, walk around downtown Ann Arbor by myself (people watching...immersing myself in writing), sit and read a book alone...go to the park alone. It sounds sad, but I love it. I am my own best friend. I've always thought of it this way...when all is said and done...all you really have is yourself, so if you aren't happy with who you are...who do you really have to count on?

I guess I come off as being really strange, and I think that puts people off sometimes if they are just meeting me. I mean I have dreadlocks, piercings, I wear "strange clothes", I have outrageous, but intriguing ideas about life and everything it brings to us. Once people get to know me, though. They see a totally different side. They see how loyal, nice, and friendly, I actually am. I hope I can challenge people's ideas about what outer beauty is supposed to be. I have someone special in my life that I have challenged and succeeded in making him question himself about how a woman is supposed to be and what a woman is supposed to look like. I work as a dance instructor and I see how changing small minds can happen. They are a bit scared of me at first, but soon they realize that I am so much more...they soon forget the outward appearance and see other things. I hope I challenge everyone that I come in contact with.

7. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

I am the shit

who wouldn't like me?

8. Bellfire01

It sounds like me and no it's not sad. (At least I don't think so alot of the times.) It's just getting too dangerous to travel and I hear my Pastor always saying that people need companionship to be healthy. I would like to have people to do things with and I get them on occasions but the only person I can count on most of the time is me. (I know where I've been.) ;)

9. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

i am the most perfect person ...i have ever met

10. kier

kier I R Baboon

i am misunderstood...i feel comfortable with myself in most ways, but i don't think i'm that great where some things are concerned

11. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

liking myself depends on whether I've got my head up my ass or not, and how far.

12. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I only like myself when I am stoned.

13. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

:confused: These days I'm barely on speaking terms with myself.

14. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I get along with myself pretty well and I don't mind hanging out by myself. I can easily have lunch by myself or go to a cafe or whatever... I rarely do, but it's nice to spend some time alone too.