do you like "new" music?

Discussion in 'Music' started by miami musician, Jan 8, 2005.

1. miami musician

miami musician Senior Member

are you one of those people who constantly search the internet radio, or the local public radio, always trying to find new music? not necessarily new meaning it just came out. just any music that doesn't sound like a) everything on TV and radio or b) anything that isn't in your current music collection. i could never be the type to have a favorite band or genre and only listen to that forever and ever. i always need something new to hear, to keep me updated on all different genres and styles.

2. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

i tend to go to car boot sales / markets / charity shops/. over the years i have found some great unusual music ie= tranquil ...........native american........ambience etc etc. all at a snip of a price.

3. LostChord

LostChord Member

I like live shows, like phish and the dead... new jams are always sweet

and I also like finding rare tracks, takes, demos, alternate versions, promos and shit of 60's - 70's

4. drbeaker

drbeaker Member

I try to strike a balance between looking for new music and schooling myself on the classics. I like so many different kinds of music its hard to keep track.

5. Voodoo child

Voodoo child Member

I guess i am one of those people to a certain extent. Some new music i hear on my radio station ( ie, virgin radio), while other new music i find on the net. I dont however search for new music for the sake of finding new music to keep up to date or anything like that. I do it coz i hear abt new bands, say in magazines or something, that interest me and so i search for their music and stuff. I also spend a lot of time stocking up on 'older' stuff so i have a pretty good balance.

peace and love
    xxxxxx

6. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

I don't like the radio, no matter what station... I'd much rather listen to cd's.

But I do look for good British rock bands. :sunglasse

7. Skelter

Skelter Helter

i don't listen to radio, but i discover new music almost everyday thanks to the internet. it has totally changed my musictaste.

8. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

I usually just listen to the radio, I like all sorts of music and new stuff is always good... :D

9. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

i like to listen to new music. I usually get it from either my friends or off the internet.

10. LostChord

LostChord Member

the only time I listen to the radio is at work.. and its always horible music.. like modern alternative rock.. cant stand it.. and when i put my own cds in.. it usually doesnt take long till someone keeps putting it back to the radio... people like hearing the same 20shitty songs all day...

11. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I look for artists on soundclick or CD baby... etc.

12. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Senior Member

13. peace_is_possible

peace_is_possible Member

I like some new music like matchbox20, john mayer, Incubus, jewl, norah jones.......
    hmm..I can't think of any more, I guess I mostly like older music like Neal Young, Pink Floyd, the doors, bob marley { everyone loves Bob :) }, bush, nirvana, smashing pumpkins, tom petty, the blues travlers, Sublime is probably one of my favorites!!!
    I could go on forever...:p