Do you know who you "truly" are?

Discussion in 'Existentialism' started by ginalee14, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

That's me realizing that I am the consciousness of humanity as proven by quantum mechanics.

2. Dejavu

Dejavu Until the great unbanning

How am I conceiving death as antithetical to life? You're the one saying we are dying from the life cycle! lol The thought comes. Your religiosity is blown. Potential is embodied. Necessity only enters into it, conceptually, for the tentative. It is true we have only our lives to return to, but your starting state has been and is gone. There is no wake for eternity. The only way into it is awake! :-D

But not as your body? That stinks!

Not everyone. Who wouldn't, in their immunity, object to your claiming depression for all? Do you know inevitability beyond your own individuality?

No, I overcame my disgust at your not desiring us be our bodies. I don't mind if you dodge the questions. We won't leave you behind.

Life does. The proud have a tendency to measurement. The vain have a tendency to second-guess. What's your interest in distinguishing them apart?! lol

You don't know because knowledge is perception. You haven't answered the question by not knowing how to. I don't know either where knowledge is not perceived.

Only as your body. As memories, we fade. Time is our possession in affirmation. And in reflection? Be prepared to meet your defection!

You do suggest having isn't being: "I am not my body" you say. You think our statements without our making them alone would stand as proof that we're our bodies. All the tentative do. You want our being without our becoming, thinking them apart, if not antithetical. If I understood death, maybe then I'd fear it thedope! I don't even fear not communicating my whole self! If you want to deride my unaccountable bravado, there's no better place to do so! lol

Not necessarily the same, you mean. Are you on ecstasy? Being is party to itself over any conceptual crowding of its metamorphosis.

So there is an endgame! The play winds down as the players tire, or contrive an exit. I suppose the question becomes whether we do so with an encore in mind. I have a flightier idea... but it can wait! Impatiently! :-D

Our unending wants fleshing out! lol

This is then how you acknowledge knowledge as perception? With love as intermediary? Now all you've got to do is see to what you believe to be my objection to your not wanting us our bodies. :-D

No, it changes always. Bodily. Your misunderstanding perception as leading to knowledge without being it only prevents your own transformation.

LOL! To what?! Vain questions? Your most even redistribution is odd. It's solely your own! You can't foist your share upon us thedope!

I think you should be wanting for wanting! You do not want us our bodies. You don't know that we are. Most knowers would pick you off at this point, the point where disgusts picks up. I think you're more than a hanger on though. I think your guess wants itself and is not truly founded as tentative conjecture! I think your gratitude wants its expression in love!

( And so, naively it seemed, Dejavu was duped by thedopes crypsis, taken in by his parasitical parsimony, dumbed down by the very discussion of dissociation... or was he simply sharpening his resolution, honing his focus, whetting the blade of his discernment all the while. One thing was certain, he couldn't quite hide his smile. :-D )

3. Dejavu

Monkey:
    No less your body I hope. lol

Emily:

She was tentative. :-D

Didn't stop me loving her.

4. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Why do we die/
    Not everyone gets ill? I have met no one who has not had some physical complaint at one time or another.
    There is no difference.
    That is because perception is not knowledge. If everything I perceive is knowledge then I am infallible correct?
    And someone made you up, you having never appeared.
    I never said I wasn't embodied.
    No
    The measure you give is the measure you receive.
    Of the experience of wanting that's all it ever is. I used to want because I didn't know what anything was for.
    I could care less it is required for communication at a certain frequency.
    well they would be not so much knowers at that point but more disgusts.
    I don't guess, I defer. My gratitude comes out as joy. What is love?

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

almost every one of these is a complete non-sequiter. is there some reason for this?

6. thedope

Well a non sequitur is a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.
    As to the first of these,
    thedope responded
    In an effort to get him to answer his own question since I already answered it before.
    The second of these things,
    Dejavu:
    To which thedope asks and says;
    I suppose I could answer the rhetorical question of who wouldn't, in their immunity, object to your claiming depression for all, by saying it depends whether they agree or not. Do I know inevitability beyond my own individuality, yes, we share our thoughts.

Moving on,
    Dejavu;
    thedope;
    Saying there is no difference between the proud and the vain as far as measuring things goes therefor the question what is my interest in distinguishing them apart is a non sequitur. Not my interest.

Continuing,
    Dejavu;
    Straightforwardly in answer to I don't know from either corner it because perception is not knowledge. If perception were knowledge then then we would perceive the answer to the question again if knowledge is always perceived. I go on to point out if perception is knowledge then everything I perceive is knowledge and I therefor cannot be mistaken in what I see. You can only be all measure to yourself but to apprehend all measures takes a quorum. Knowledge is not being in isolation but being shared.

additionally,
    Dejavu;
    thedope;
    Meaning I have never seen him in person but know him only from his traces. It is by sheer happenstance that he appears to me at all and certainly we can forget the whole thing.

following along,
    Dejavu,
    thedope;
    I am is a statement of being, having and being one voice. I have a body and I am embodied is having and being in one voice. I am my body is a statement of being in two voices. In Dejavu's view, the body is a partition that separates him from everything else and every other body. He makes the statement that the body is access and I agree, access to communication at a certain frequency. The phenomena of being embodied on the other hand is something we share with everyone else, as I say the human body is common currency of the species although many view it as private property.

At more length,
    Dejavu;
    He asks because I said you may stop gaming and I reply
    Ceasing to game is not participating in a game, not ending games. The world doesn't end because you drop out.

redundantly,
    Dejavu;
    thedope;
    Just to remind him where our distribution is.

moreover,
    Dejavu,
    thedope;
    Having and being are the same, wanting and having are not although you can be wanting. I would rather be satisfied as that is wanting's desire. Knowing what things are for I find I always have what I need.

at length,
    Dejavu;
    thedope;
    I have no desire on the subject the body is a fact of our communication.

upon reflection,
    Dejavu;
    thedope;
    Knowing and being disgusted are not necessarily the same.

At last,
    Dejavu;
    thedope;
    I don't guess. I refrain from speaking unless I am certain or am speaking of my uncertainty. I am grateful for joy at being and the question remains what is love?

Most of the time the reason a thing seems unintelligible is because you are not concerned enough to seriously question. Which is more likely, reality is fucked up or I may be mistaken in what I see?

7. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Who do you say I am?

8. thedope

only your hairdresser knows for sure

9. Dejavu

One might say unclaimed happenstance. Another, sheer circumstance. A third might say from not knowing. Others, like yourself, would say we die from life, or that death is our own conception. Whatever it is of existence that has us undone, I don't know it. Do we die because we have to? Your pretending to know is rich! I hope you're rich enough for your pretence! No-one's ever died from birth, baby! Forget your blessings! They blew off in your blowing off life! Go count your complications! lol

Who are you to say everyone does? Are you saying they do because they can? Have you met everyone? Your thought that identification with the body inevitably leads to depression is not shared by all.

And the rest of humanity?

Incorrect. While everything you perceive is knowledge, your perception isn't everything. Knowing is ongoing. You think the reason you can't see where knowledge isn't perceived is that knowledge isn't perception. It is one of the funniest things! Thank goodness it's not at your expense! lol

LOL! That's quite an admission from one who thinks we don't create ourselves!

You say you are not your body, yet you are embodied. The divisive voices are your own, not mine. I am body. Everything is shared. There is nothing "on the other hand" that is not in hand. You'll have to go on worming your way out of renouncing having as being! lol

Attention! The world must halt its happening while thedope teaches us the obvious! :-D

The measure we give is the measure we give. I do not attend receptions where givers are not recognized for gods sake.

You've the heart of a security-guard! lol In love I want to know, and I do know. The two are not the mutually exclusive mismatch they appear to you in your lock-up! :-D

How much less? Which frequency? The body is a fact of our communication only by our being it. This fact in no way depends on your acceptance of it. Let's play the game of trying to spy where you're not your body, if you're game enough that is! I'll go first. Where is ones embodiment not their being?

They'd be knowers regardless, knowing themselves their body. I have no reason for why their love should extend to one who doesn't want us our bodies. My own reason in sharing the knowledge that we are with you is to invite your inclusion. It can't be forced.

I love guessing games. Deference to oneself is only satisfied in command. Your joy is always welcome! Love is joy. Some think to extend it all the way down to our lowest frequencies. It can't be forced.

10. thedope

Here is where you state your belief that death is antithetical to life. There is no opposite to creation. What it is in conception that imagines us undone is the idea that you are a body and that conception of potential undoing is based only on the evidence of the dissolution of the body and apparent loss of personality. The sense of identity so attached is what the egotistical have to go on. It is an effect of thinking and it is a fundamentally fearful thought. Because you are afraid to loose it,(your body.) you would kill if need be in order to save, temporarily mind you, your own. Do not fear things that can kill the body but rather try to get beyond the fear of being real. Nothing real can be caused to become unreal. Understand this goes for your own capacity to kill.
    I have demonstrated mine in the story of rocket raccoon and my own bullwrinkle. I had no compunction is beating the raccoon to death in service of
    my natural protections which extend to those things I call me or mine. I cannot escape the effects of my own thinking Territorial conflicts are often part and parcel of being creature but for humans they don't have to be.
    No one in particular obviously otherwise it would seem you would know me. I am asking if it is true there are people who do not experience illness? It is not true that no one shares my perception. You do, you just call what I call depression, contraction.
    I do not use the term depression in a clinical sense but in the sense of being weighed down.

Is had in joyful repast.

Knowledge or our state of being in relationship is complete, is being shared. Perception of our estate is ongoing. You truly are and there is no part of you that has not been a complete statement in time. You see only the past, something that no longer exists and imagine a future that never comes.

As I have pointed out a few times now, that is not my claim. Perception is not knowledge. The whole defines the parts but the part does not define the whole it stands in relationship to it.
    Appearances come an go but nothing real can be caused to become unreal, creation a law without opposite.

Not divisive, distinctive. You call me a liar not the other way around. I say you are vain and I say this based on the evidence that you have made me your correction to make.

Giving and receiving are the same truth as having and being are the same. You want recognition but deny your own invocation. God has no sense of your relativism.
    What?

I'll have to come back for the rest.

11. Dejavu

Once and for all, it's lose, not loose! :-D Our being our body doesn't have us undone, and the thought doesn't necessarily have us undone. I said I don't know what has us undone. You say our undoing is imaginary. Are we done then? Finished? Kaput? lol

It is true, there are people who do not experience illness in themselves. The fact that everyone can is beside the point. Who said no-one shares your perception? You share it.

A vainglorious one if not everyone's invited.

Youth has left you. It hasn't left me yet, and I'm here, so hold on! I can't see the past, and the only way I see the future is by continuing to.

How is knowledge perception if perception isn't knowledge? You conceive a static state. Fire all the blanks you like! The part defines the whole never being apart of it. Infinity is a 'problem' for you? lol

So how then can we not create ourselves according to you?

I can't correct you, only your wonky words, by which you may then correct yourself.

Givers make no sense of your absolutism. I am content to love. Recognition is unimportant if not prevented.

That I am body. My knowing put no end to my wanting to. Call it fortune if you like.

My patience, while immense, has its limits, but rest assured I'm in no hurry.

12. thedope

Don't know yet.
    Depends on what you are measuring. The vibrational properties of a system are purely mechanical. Frequency of EM waves, frequency of mechanical oscillation, or frequency of occurrence are all variations.
    musically or tonally
    From 7.8 HZ to 43.2 HZ in seven notes, a spectrum. Alpha brain wave is 7.83 HZ.
    Another way to measure would be to say you shoot your mouth off frequently.
    You can find my communications on this page. Is my body on this page?
    The expression the body, my body or yours has been replaced with the term embodiment. This is because we shift from a view of my body as a prefix or essential phenomena for the expression of subjective perception, objective cognition and individual action, my body, to a way of living or inhabiting the world through ones own creaturehood, being embodied. Ones embodiment is not their being from the first perspective or from the perspective of I am my body.

What is joy?

13. thedope

Not loosely, it's a free for all.

If you are through imagining.

No pain?
    All are invited, not everyone shows up.
    You see only the past as a matter of course, light taking time to travel. Youth hasn't left me.
    It isn't
    You mean how is knowledge perceived if it is not perception. Conception.

Bodily. We are given patterned emergence and we can create our own patterns or likenesses.
    My words are great, at least that is one of them.

You mean traders/traitors.
    How do you know?
    Not to the lost.

14. Dejavu

Stick around if you want to.

Forgotten so soon? You said the body was required for communication at a certain frequency, I want to know which frequencies you think it isn't.

Game over. You're not on this page, no matter how closely your words represent you.

No, we have not shifted to a view of the body as nonessential for self expression, only you and whoever else shares your delusion. Your last sentence is a lie whether you see it or not. Ones embodiment is ones being.

Everyones is different thedope, which doesn't mean unshared. Joy is overflowing pleasure that can't contain itself, but wants itself! Is it time for me yet to ask that you deal with it? :-D

Lou's yourself in the moment? How?

Between your imagining we have to die, and my imagining we don't have to, whose'll decide the reality of the matter? :-D Good old Hoozel!

I caught a rose thorn the other day. No matter how sick I could get of the feeling, it never catches on.

Who's missing?

If light could stop travelling, this medieval misperception of yours might persist outside your mind old timer! :-D

LOL! I, unlike most, don't have trouble with ones in love with the sound of their own voice, but I can only requite such love if they know what they're voicing! Where is conception not perceived? I am beginning to think you want to blind something out of spite for not being all-seeing! :-D

No, all our creation is embodied.

You mean god? Hoozel is better. :-D

lol, No, I mean givers. No surprise to see you weigh trade and betrayal on the scale of synonymity, but it made me laugh out loud, so I forgive you for joining the tit for tatters, after all, everyone comes to terms with what matters! :-D

By loving.

The only lost I know, don't know. The recognition they have is ours.

My lost ones... I don't forget you!

15. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

I'm a Christian. God forsook me because I'm a Christian. God does not exist because I'm a Christian. All goes to reason this way because I stopped thinking which is a self-conscious state for being a christian in the western World.

16. Dejavu

Christian just means you share thedopes uncertain value for the Circus. Line tremors you shall be to lead the ring of your recurrence, hand holding over wringing, your virtue in thinking the contents of your posing chalice.

17. thedope

Forget what? You asked me what frequency not what we didn't frequent. However you cannot communicate standing on jupiter because you can't stand on jupiter. The human body cannot take the intense gravity of jupiter.
    At a certain frequency means specific to certain environmental norms

Game over for you? Why do you think I am not on this page? My communication is on this page. The only reason you would reason that way is if you assume bodily is the only way we emerge. It is the evidence you look for and apart from you settling on it there is no reason for it to be that way. We share our thoughts. Sharing thoughts does not mean having separate thoughts that are similar. A thought shared is the same thought extended. The world we perceive and talk about is a consensual view. You are an isolationist which is why you are so greedy.

Your last line doesn't say you are a body but says being embodied.
    You didn't comprehend what you read. I was pointing out why you changed your tune. Maybe read it slower because you said exactly opposite what i said. We both assume the body necessary for the expression of subjective perception, objective cognition and individual action.
    You say it is because you are your body, a necessary physicality a functionary. Being embodied consists of sensational conditions, the function.
    This I do say. I am embodied. I do not claim I am a body as I am not once removed from my function by a functionary. The functionary functions according to intent.

I agree.

No butts.

Beats me. Why do you think you lose yourself when you die?

You have the narration wrong. You imagine death to be something in opposition to life, I do not not imagine death is the end or is in opposition of anything.
    I've been asking around about this and the consensus is there are people who have rarely been ill but none known of who have never been ill. Your claim sounds like some I have heard like someone never eating food but gaining all their necessary energy from the absorption of the suns rays.

The miserable.
    The photons that are transduced into visual perception do not pass on out through the back of your skull. A transducer changes one form of energy for another. Motion doesn't stop but light is transduced to another form which takes time. I have before said that the perception of linear time is caused by the distance to be bridged in the synapse. Not exactly a medieval premise.
    You mistake me for someone from your past the you despise and it doesn't lend to understanding me.

Do you recall your own biological conception?

Cleaning windows.
    No matter.

Great is great, great being at least the one word great word of my great words.

No you don't. Giving is because you want someone to have something not because you want something in return except the experience of having it to give.

What I said was the word tradition means to trade away or betray,

from Latin traditio, from tradere deliver, betray, from trans- ‘across’ + dare ‘give.’

So yuck it up!
    Is there a time you are not?

Know thyself. I have been lost more than once. And people have lost me saying I was looking for you but didn't know where you were
    Your idealistic rap is a trap that stifles your good sense.

18. thedope

Only god is good is very certain.

19. Dejavu

The body. Where is communication without the body?

What doesn't emerge bodily? I am not an isolationist. I'm not sure you know what the word means, consensually speaking. lol

LOL No, you read what you wrote again, slowly! Wait, don't! Read what you've written now, and pace yourself. Is it progress?! :-D "I am embodied. I do not claim I am a body as I blah blah blah blah blah... " I am body. I embody. And you too. Why though don't you want us to be our bodies? What of the body is defunct?

Pick your butt if you must. Makes no difference. Joy wants itself.

I don't. And not just because I've never died.

No, there is no opposition to life, not even your thinking we die from it.

Breatharians? Have you really been asking around?! :-D It's not about who has or hasn't, or who can or can't, but whether we have to! Your claim of inevitable depression through identification with the body is a lie.

No, they're not missing. Are you unwilling to bring them to their cheer?

The endless travails of thedope in 'securing' his dessicated sayings! I won't impose on your burial of the bygone. :-D I can't. I am more understanding. Is there something I should despise you for? Apart from trading a raccoon for a chicken I mean. Your premise - "All we see's past" - is stillborn. You try to place process before the instant, just as you'd place thought before all else. Causality has you confused? What kind of gap junction has you held up? You make me appear superluminary! lol

Yes. I didn't at its beginning. Two did it for me then, for as long as it mattered. :-D

You think loves lenses needs cleansing. You think the body a device of the mind. The mind remains a love of the body.

And so we create ourselves. As ourselves. The reason we create like ourselves.

Great.

Yes I do. Giving is giving.

LOL! Vintage dope. Always confusing the root with what it leaves, put that in your trunk and debark! :-D

There was. But thanks to the world, and my biological conception, I'm free to pass on that I'm here to stay!

My ideals stifle nothing. You may have thought and felt you were lost.
    You're still here though.

20. Dejavu

And what's better is better, definitely. That's life.