Do you have that one person...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by *MAMA*, Sep 15, 2013.

1. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

Who you're always proud of yourself for not punching when you encounter/spend time around them?

Mine is my uncle's wife (I refuse to call her my aunt). Back story/rant that I need to get off my chest: my uncle has been in and out of jail for drugs and gang activity since I was 5. During one of his out of jail stints, he impregnated a woman who has a total of 8 kids (that she's told us about) from different men, none of which she has custody of. Before their baby was born, my uncle was back in prison. Shortly after she was born, the woman asked my family if we would watch the baby for a week while she recovered from a knee surgery. We became very attached during that week, and were dreading taking her back home. When the time came, we got a phone call saying, "Well, if you want to, you can just keep her." So, we went through the adoption process, and my cousin became my sister shortly after her first birthday. She's 18 now, and has known about the adoption since she was 5. My uncle has always been "uncle" to her, NEVER "dad."

TL;DR version: we adopted my cousin, and she's been my sister since she was a year old.

So, my uncle is out of jail, doing ok now, and is married to a different woman...and every time this bitch is around, she insists on referring to my uncle as my sister's dad. It pisses me off to no end, and makes me want to knock her teeth out every time she says it. "Faith, have you seen pictures of your dad's new dog?" He's not her fucking dad! It's such a slap in the face to my dad, the man who took her in and made her a part of our family, provided for her, and loved her like his own daughter.

Anyway, I spent three hours around this woman today, I did not hit or even lash out at her, and I'm pretty proud of that.

Thanks for letting me vent. *sigh*

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

3. sunshine186

sunshine186 midnight toker

I say slap and be proud anyway

4. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

That is a difficult and awkward situation.

How does your sister feel about it all? I would say it is up to her to draw the line if it bothers her and make it known that it is not acceptable. If she does not feel upset when it happens then perhaps it is best to ignore it (as you did) rather than have a family confrontation that will probably go no where.

What a tough place to be in.

5. *MAMA*

If I felt I could stop with a simple slap, I would probably do it lol.
    My sister hates it as well. We've told this woman multiple times how we feel, and she's usually not even invited to family functions anymore. Today we were celebrating my great grandfather's 91st birthday, which may be his last. We decided to grit our teeth and invite her since it's such a momentous occasion.

It is indeed, a terrible place to be.

6. Heat

Perhaps then stating directly that the next time it happens will be the last time she is welcome to attend any family function. It is also up to your uncle to control this situation as it is his past and his wife.

Not much else you can do as a family other than not allow it to happen by not inviting her at all. Sad that they will not respect the wishes of your sister and unfair to her.

7. *MAMA*

It is very sad. She's usually not invited, but like I mentioned this may be the last time my great grandpa gets to blow out birthday candles.

Thanks for the kind words, and advice. Your posts are always so encouraging and positive. :)

8. Heat

Thank you for the lovely compliment. :)

9. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Congratulations for avoiding any **** punts! Hmmm...myself, the only people I can really remember feeling this way around are my old roommate's ex-girlfriend (I told you about that skeezy ho in chat already, lol) and my friend's oldest daughter's mother (*cough* egg donor). But both those horrible women are moved away and gone, so I don't ever see them.