Do you have sex for your health?

Discussion in 'Sexual Health' started by Panama Jack, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Angela36

Angela36 Members

I'd probably have sex even if it were deadly. Difficult habit to break. But I would rather die with a smile on my face.

2. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You're also in your prime. You won't regret making the best of it. It would be interesting to see your take when your age has doubled post-menopause.

oldguynurse and Angela36 like this.
  3. amb5734

amb5734 Members

I have sex because I'm horny! The obvious health benefits are a plus.

maturemale3346 likes this.
  4. FriendlyCock

FriendlyCock Members

Well I know the flip side. I've had no sex for so long, it's affecting my health and my state of mind. I have to masturbate to get it out of me and to feel sort of normal.

5. curiousbear

curiousbear Senior Member

my sex life is hopeless. I know I need to do something about it, but it is not my priority right now...
    I once heard adolescents often masturbate even when they are not horny to pacify themselves. I can relate to it a LOT. I do it to keep myself sane.

FriendlyCock and ~Zen~ like this.
  6. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

It is good for your mental health when you don't have a partner... :)

curiousbear likes this.
  7. OnceAgain

OnceAgain Members

I haven't read all the replies, but if you are having sex to avoid prostate cancer, forget it. Doesn't work. I'm very sexual buy was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2019.

On the other hand, we normally have nocturnal erections that bring oxygenated blood to the erectile tissue in the penis. If we are low on testosterone or have other damage, this may not be happening. In which case we need to make sure we have daily sex (or at least erections) to prevent penile atrophy.

8. BiGuySW

BiGuySW Members

Yes, I regularly have sex for health reasons. If I have a lot on my mind, driving toward an orgasm either with someone else or on my own helps me to focus on pleasure rather than my problems. When I finally explode in orgasm, it's like re-booting the computer in my mind and starting afresh.

This is especially good when I have insomnia. I sleep so much better after an orgasm. It's just good to let go of all your problems. My lovers feel the same way.

9. DonJ

DonJ Senior Member

We are a senior couple, too. Our health revolves around diet, exercise, sex, and active lifestyle. While sexual activity does sometimes decrease as we age, we both feel that it all works together to keep us as healthy as possible.

BandA, Panama Jack, EZGoing and 2 others like this.
  10. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well said. We also make it a point to talk about sex every day every if we don’t physically have sex. Masturbation plays a big part as well.

11. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

About four years ago I had a bad injury to my ankle and knee.
    A combination of Covid inaccessibility to full treatment, along with ordinarily long waiting lists, saw my condirion worsen and has now spread to my spine and hips.
    I have however just commenced a course of therapy with a new Physiotherapist who has directed me to follow a schedule of exercises that surround Pelvic thrust movements.
    As she was explaining / demonstrating the required actions (whether lay on my back or slightly bent and straighten up) I couldn't help but be taken back a few years to when I had a female partner to share such experiences, and note these were akin to the sexual positioning and enacting of intercourse
    Now I'm not saying that this could be prescribed on the NHS (as I am a UK-er) . but the fleeting thought of such made me smile

OnceAgain likes this.
  12. Harbal

Harbal Members

I wonder if my doctor knows about the health benefits of sex, and whether he could be persuaded to write me a prescription for it. Although I do foresee some difficuly in getting the chemist to dispense it.

13. curiousbear

I just didn't have any sexual urge after Aug 10th until today. And I don't know whether to feel happy or sad about it. I really like the calm. But I hear scary messages about prostate health

14. Forever Edger

Forever Edger Senior Member

Strictly regarding health. I've been an edger since my mid twenties. (Edging is masturbation for an hour or more daily without ejaculating, eventually ejaculating in two or three days). Now I am older, still edging, and I have not had any prostate or erectile issues. I would attribute sexual health to the old saying use it or lose it. Plus married and good sexual routine as well. So health is a secondary to enjoying sex daily. The prostate produces 80% of ejaculate volume. So being exercised keeps it health.

15. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We certainly agree with you. We use all forms of too achieve orgasms and ejaculation. We also practice a form of edging as well, where we have sex several times in a day and my wife denies me the opportunity to cum. Then she prepares herself to take my full load and wants every drop.

16. Forever Edger

Forever Edger Senior Member

Read my thread on edging but yes there are variations which achieve the same result. Plus, enjoyment is stretched over time.

17. curiousbear

I had edged but not for hours and days. One of my bucket list experience is being edged by a woman who knows what she is doing...

18. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

It's good to have goals in life.

curiousbear likes this.