Do You Have Any Pet Peeves or Have you Had Any In The Past?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Amethyst87F, Nov 1, 2017.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i'm peeved that pets should have to be owned,
    and not just shared food and housing with when they feel like it,
    and allowed to run feral when they don't.

(well that's cats, skunks, foxes, small enough creatures to be mostly harmless.
    large dogs or larger exotic cats are of course another matter)

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

overuse of memes on facebook

[​IMG]

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

My pet peeves mostly have to do with other people's driving habits. I'm very persnickety when it comes to driving; like whether or not someone uses their blinker. It's there for a reason! :)

4. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

How can that be with cats? Then they would kill much of the smalll fauna, and people would get angry , like in Australia, and there would be open hunting season on cats.....

5. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I do agree that cats should be fixed and neutered....
    A responsible pet owner does this in this day and age.

SpacemanSpiff likes this.
  6. Michael1985

Michael1985 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Most of mine concern language. I hate bad grammar and spelling, as well as redundancy like "ATM machine."

Also I have a strange fashion pet peeve, men who wear suit jackets and do not fasten both buttons. I think it looks so terribly sloppy.

upload_2020-8-13_1-55-16.jpeg

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

lots of them, but mostly they come down to what people expect to gain by hating logic as a reason and excuse for doing so.
    and how they can refuse to see how so much of what bothers them is the statistical result and popularity of doing so.

as for the problem with overpopulation of companion animals, that's a combination of overpopulation of humans with the very narrow limits of the kinds of creatures allowed to be kept as companions.
    and i do understand the good intentions for that narrowness.

domestic dogs that have run away and formed feral packs, you hardly ever hear mention of that, because the damage they cause is invariably blamed on wolves and coyotes and foxes.

8. Letlovintakehold2

Letlovintakehold2 Members

When someone is done vacuuming and leaves the cord out on the floor to step on.

Wind that shit up

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

yes. but i don't need to drag myself down by focusing on them.
    they're a part of existence, but really a very small part after all.

i have pet dreams instead, happy strangeness of shapes and colors, landscapes yet to visit, artifacts and infrastructure yet to be fashioned or imagined with which to decorate them.

10. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Do You Have Any Pet Peeves?

b994969e-4249-4edf-a01e-f642fda74c1d_text.gif

11. Focus136

Focus136 Members

Never heard of anyone with a pet peeve. Is it a mammal or reptile.?

12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Bird...

themnax and Focus136 like this.
  13. Riza3000

Riza3000 Members

One of my BIGGEST pet peeves is when someone puts their finger in my face, either to talk down to me (or anyone for that matter
    ) or to "put me in my place". I've dealt with this type of thing growing up. Mainly by one person (that being my step-mother). I hate it, whether you're a child or a grown adult, do not put your finger in my face or anyone's faces. It's rude and annoying.

14. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Teflon. The smell of cooking utensils heating up makes me sick.

15. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Simple answer to that - grab the finger, put it in your mouth and bite down on it hard, whoever does this would be loathe to repeat it !!!

Riza3000 likes this.
  16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

really only two, which have only one root, and that is inconsiderateness which is the only thing that makes this world at times unpleasant.
    to put briefly they are second hand tobacco smoke, and demanding attention.
    when i say demanding attention robs people of thinking their own thoughts, i do not mean in the long term, or that we loose them entirely, rather being robbed of them in the moment,
    which may be only a problem when you are working on something, trying to figure something out, but for some of us, for whom doing so is our enjoyment in life,
    to me this is a serious harassment. and really, the lack of consideration is what makes what would otherwise be a heaven, into a hell, however productive and generous they might otherwise be.
    this is not doing me any favors as my happiness does not depend upon social company.
    its not that i wish any unhappiness to others, but rather i find much more gratifying interest in things like other life forms, certain technologies, the scale and mechanisms of the cosmose and so on. trees trains computers and little furry creatures, to put it briefly if not entirely accurately. by trees i mean forested and mountainous landscapes rather then particular individual species. and odd little houses and everything else strange and interesting in the landscape, whether resulting from the processes of nature or the world of sapient hand.
    i do not find rectangular construction or grids of pavement aesthetic, nor expressions of the sapient ego, though i make no claims to sainthood for myself,
    rather i lack and know i lack the patience of a buddha, sharing only the recognition that every expectation is an opportunity for dissapointment.
    recognizing both of these, my method of extracting enjoyment from life, depends primarily upon my imagination, and that in the form of designing the geometries of odd little non-rectangular house and odd little trains, and even powering them by the least environmentally drastic methods that can be devised.
    i know some people take offence at my non-social perspective and believe this to be their motivation for harrassment, which my paranoia sees in more places then is even all of them likely to be the case. more often i suppose people seem to think their personal agrandisement more then makes up for their indifference to their effect on their surroundings and each other, and many claim their beliefs as an excuse for this. still it isn't rocket science to observe, everything unpleasant in life, has its roots in the choice to be premeditatively inconsiderate.