Do you have a television?

Discussion in 'TV' started by bird_migration, May 9, 2004.

1. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I have one.
    How about you?

Post scriptum; no need to brag about it and/or about the number of televisions you have.
    Hippies do not brag nor care about it.

Love, bird.

2. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

i have a couple but if it was my choice there wouldn't be any. i think tv is stupid and a waste of time

3. Micro

Micro Member

One in the living room and one in my room. I only watch a couple hours a day.

4. Blue

Blue Member

i do not have one here at school, which i love. it helps me "get out there" so if i do watch tv, it is a social thing with friends. at home i have one in my room, but i only use it for video games.

5. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

We have one in the house...i only use it for 5 minutes of news in the morning and DVD watching.

6. acid*rain~bow

acid*rain~bow Member

at our home we have one TV set in the living room...but it´s mostly my mum and brother who use it...for the last 2 years i haven´t really cared much about it - i hardly watch at all...well maybe rarely i make exceptions when the simpsons are on or a good movie (which almost NEVER happens..although there are SO many good movies...which i can´t watch ´cos our video´s been broke for --- i dunno, maybe even more than 3-4 years ;))

7. AreYouExperienced

AreYouExperienced American Victim

I've got 1, mostly for playing video games and watching DVDs. However I do watch it for a few hours at night for cartoons (AS).

8. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

We have a TV in our apartment, but I rarely watch it - Japanese TV really isn't that special.

9. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

me and my mom have 3.

one(mine is used for gamecube only) for each of our rooms, and one downstairs with a gazillion channels, which is the one i watch when i do.

i can usually find something pretty cool on, when i want to.

10. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

We have 2, one in the "great room" and one in the "front room". (We have 2 living rooms, it's weird.) The one in the "front room" is used for Super Nintendo (yay for Ye Olde Mario) and Playstation. The one in the "great room" is used for movies.

11. Kelly

Kelly Member

I have one at home also, and I bring it to school with me. Sometimes it's a distraction but other times I use it to kill boredom.

12. SharyBobbins

SharyBobbins QPR Football Fan

i have one in my room that i watch movies on and tv.

13. AutumnAuburn

AutumnAuburn Senior Member

My son's TV is out in the living room. I don't watch it, so it's pretty much permanently set on Cartoon Network.

Though, once in a while (maybe once a month, if that?) I like to watch Animal Planet. I think The Crocodile Hunter is cool. :)

My addiction is the internet. I could care less if we have a TV, as long as I have my 'puter, to entertain me. :)

14. SharyBobbins

SharyBobbins QPR Football Fan

Yes I love the computer.

15. vanilla

vanilla Member

Not one of my possesions

16. Thethirdbenjamin

Thethirdbenjamin Member

Its funny because there are four people in my family and we have four TV's, so in theory everyone in my family can watch what they want with out fighting.

My teacher was saying something about it afterwhile people will get to the point where they cant stand what the other persons watching so they go out and buy another TV.

17. amiescrazee

amiescrazee Member

We have 3 tvs...one in front room, one in my bro's room and 1 in mine. I dont watch it much though. Only like 2 or 3 times a week.
    Amiee

18. bellystar

bellystar Member

Yes. It helps me fall asleep at night, listening to the weather channel or talk shows. I get cable, but only because my parents subscribe. I could totally live without the luxury, but the tv was a gift and the cable is free.

19. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

one tv hooked up to bunny ears
    we watch survivor on it, and videos

the puter doubles as a tv from time to time as well. ;-)

20. katherine

katherine Member

I used to have one in my bedroom until it blew up whilst I was watching something :( . I can still watch my parents one downstairs, but its not them same (i used to like snuggling up on my bed watching TV). Oh well, I'll have to save up for a new one, but everything I've seen of similar size has been pretty expensive, and most larger ones are widescreen, which is no good as I only have a small table to put it on. Probably end up getting a reconditioned one like I had before. Oh, I also have a small TV plugged into my computer as many games and things look much better through a TV than through the monitor.