Do you have a shoes off rule in your house?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Joe45432, Jan 14, 2018.

1. nr3c

nr3c Member

I love to go barefoot. I never wore socks alone. I hate getting them dirty. I just wish I wouldn't feel so self conscious. I can go barefoot in sweats openly again. Next step is jeans and slacks.

2. nr3c

nr3c Member

Yea, easier for me to go around in underwear than go barefoot.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Should go to the hospital next time and rummage through storeroom for those little shoe bootsies lol, and take them home and if they're not going shoes off, they have to wear the booties. Lol.

4. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

When the wax builds up on wood it can start to look shabby. Every so often, you need to clean the surface wax off with spirit and start again.

5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I am often barefoot around the house and garden, I just don't see all the fetish connection. Needless to say, I would not walk around London barefoot. Just the thought of it makes me laugh
    Is it knowing that people may see the fetish links that makes you worried about taking your shoes off.

6. nr3c

nr3c Member

No, I don't think any internet links have anything to do about it. And I used to be this way and I was very young, like five years old. So that was long before I knew anything about that particular word. I don't know what it is but it just is almost an arousing feeling at times when I do it around others

7. charlie35

charlie35 Member

I have a shoes off rule in my life.

8. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

Once I made a timid attempt to propose this rule and was promptly told to F-O by my friends. Lately a girl asked if she might remove her shoes during a dinner near the fireplace and of course the answer was a Go For It but It was a bad move because of the chemical-bio aggression that ensued. Not as ferocious as an outcome if they had been MY shoes (and that's why I keep going bare even with a little snow...) but still pretty lethal lol

SoftSoles likes this.
  9. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

An excellent reason not to have a shoes off rule. You just don't know how long they had their shoes on. I don't think I'd want those stinky socks rubbed all over the floor! YUCK! People can denounce bare feet, but hey they don't stink.

10. SoftSoles

SoftSoles Member

Insisting that others remove their footwear upon entering my home isn't something that I instil, just because I prefer to live a barefoot lifestyle. Although most do ask the question, I simply state that it's their choice if they wish to remove footwear.

11. Maxxy

Maxxy Members

I always take my shoes and socks iff at my house but I dont always ask my friends too,(But they can) However Recently i had a friend over who was 2 years younger than me, He always wears socks (Even in bed) So i asked him to take them off, and he refused so I kept Jokingly asking and a few hours later i took one of one of his socks and He moaned for a few minutes and I took of the other one and he hated it for 1/2 an hour Eventually i gave them back and he said he didnt want them on. He kept them off until he went home

12. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

I'm barefoot as much as I can be and lose my shoes as soon as I come home from either work - where it is a rule, or the local shops in winter - as I live on my own, it's not so much a rule as a habitual choice.
    In regards to others, if they feel the need they are welcome to do so - if they don't feel comfortable, then I don't force the issue

13. Niamh2636

Niamh2636 Members

Peoples horrible sweaty feet all over my carpets, no thanks. I'd rather my guests keep their shoes on.
    I can hoover and clean up anything that might come off a persons shoes. Not quite so easy when it comes to bacteria and the like.

14. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

You do realize that the bottoms of your shoes can and will carry bacteria just as easy as your naked soles? In fact, wearing those boots, you're less likely to notice that bird shit that you stepped on, because you don't actually feel that something's wrong.

txbarefooter likes this.
  15. Niamh2636

Niamh2636 Members

It doesn't matter what way round you stack your argument, I won't be letting people rub their sweaty feet into my carpets. You might be happy for them to do so on yours which is fair enough.
    And I might be wrong but the last I heard - bird droppings were still very much visable

Maxxy likes this.
  16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

generally, yes. it's the bottoms of your feet that are usually not so easy to see.

17. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Our place is shoes off. I’ve lived in many communal housing situations, and I’d say that 90 percent were no shoes inside.
    Only one was difficult because the master tenant had dogs so no shoe racks near the door, either.

When I’m living solo, it’s definitely shoes off.

TG (lover), who wears shoes only to leave, doesn’t have a shoes off rule, but I shed shoes at the door.

18. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

I once tried that but my friends told me to fuck off.
    Then there was that time that my friend brought over that other girl and she asked to remove her shoes and the result was that the whole place was engulfed in the most wretched shoe stink ever.

Now that I think about it, in the department of footwear I still have a couple of leather boots that I can't put on because my feet don't fit in any more , the leather has gone stiff like wood and the laces are missing. Then a pair of sneakers, but the right sole separated from the shoe. And finally a ultra battered pair of african flip flops with the sole made of tire rubber, held together with zip ties. But be damned if i know where those things have gone.

19. xkr404

xkr404 Member

No rules in my place, come as you are. I’m always barefoot in the house but don’t want to force that on others. Whatever’s comfortable for guests is totally fine by me.