Do you have a shoes off rule in your house?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Joe45432, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Absolutely not. There are 16 paws that already traipse everything and anything throughout the house.

Shoes in our home are welcome. Hey, mi casa es su casa.

Muchas gracias.

Edit: I have no idea why my post is this big n black ......

Lynnbrown likes this.
  2. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Ha ha. I was not specifically talking about your comment. I was just referring to the number of 'bare foot' threads and comments on this site.
    No doubt you feel the same way as I do about it all. LOL
    PS, don't worry, your English is fine.

3. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

Me too, but only if they're dress shoes. Athletic shoes are the devil.

4. Kerri

Kerri Members

lol i actuakltnkije those too

5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I seldom wear shoes inside, but if someone drops by I don't demand they remove their shoes.

6. fatelvis

fatelvis Member

No rules for the home, but I'll ask people to remove hard soled or black soled shoes before boarding my boat.

7. Suvi

Suvi Members

Well I live in Finland. Here you take your shoes off in every house and school etc. But I don't like shoes. At this time of the year I need to use shoes because of the snow and the cold.

RT19 likes this.
  8. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

Yes, this is a common practice in all Nordic countries, where it gets quite muddy during the spring/fall seasons in particular, when the snow melts/rains hard, and during the winter time, when the snow sticks to your boots, you'll soon end up with puddles on your floors, if you walk inside wearing your snowy footwear. Nobody wants to drag that shit inside. However, while shoes have to come off, as per local customs, your socks are usually your own business, and typically the natives only barefoot during the warmer months. Old houses in particular tend to be drafty, and most people haven't built up the type of resistance that I have.

Suvi likes this.
  9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

bbp fetish

the fuck happened here? did you have a stroke?

10. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Baby Bear Porridge fetish?

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

big black post.

but if you're into the other thing, that's cool too.

12. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

That always used to cramp my style when living with parents. I know that's not easy.

13. bunnygirl

bunnygirl available in taiwan

is typical custom in asia

14. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

Try using the feature called "Font Size". And the other one called "Bold".

GLENGLEN likes this.
  15. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I live with 5 cats (one is indoor/outdoor), my mother who is not the least bit concerned about cleanliness and then there's me. When I see people come here and take off their shoes I literally cringe. They see WE keep on our shoes so why they think its a good idea to just take their shoes off when we do NOT is something that puzzles me. We do not get that many visitors that do that...but when they do I wonder wth is up with that. lol

I HATE carpet but that is what is in the majority of the house, despite having nice hardwood flooring underneath. At any rate, I have way to much to do to worry about vacuuming all the time. I do try to keep the floor reasonably clean - but the operative word there is try. I NEVER go barefoot in this house except for those moments getting out of the bath/shower...and then I put on socks immediately.

With cats you never know what you are going to step into. lol :mask::unamused: So I have a big roll of paper towels and spray cleaner in about every room - as well as plenty of house shoes.

16. psychologykate

psychologykate Members

I don't have any kind of rule but generally my shoes come off as soon as I'm in through the door. My socks come off some time afterwards if I'm wearing them. If I'm in the garden I tend to be barefoot. Also for things like taking out rubbish etc. I let guests decide for themselves whether to remove their shoes or not and would never force anyone if they felt uncomfortable.

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  17. Naked_Toes

Naked_Toes Members

Not as a rule, I just do it

18. BarefootedBoy

BarefootedBoy Members

It's not a rule, but unless it's really cold in winter, I never wear shoes or socks in the house.

edde likes this.
  19. Naked_Toes

Naked_Toes Members

I'm not even at that point anymore. Even this winter which has been pretty damn cold, when I'm home I'm still always barefoot.

20. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

After living some 15 years in Japan, I prefer to have people take their shoes off, also my wife, a Filipina whom I met in Japan feels that way too. In the Philippines we had marble floors which my wife had the maids wax daily, so it was safer for people to go bearfoot in our house there. Socks or shoes meant you had to make sure your step is firm and secure----those floors were slippery and hard to fall on...

Here in the States I have wooden floors (which my wife still waxes and now have an ugly wax build up... (Well---it looks bad because of places where the wax has been scraped off or whatever.) We often let guests come in with shoes, but most will notice that shoes have been removed at the entry way and take them off. Frequent guests know to take off their shoes.

21. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

Granted in Asia you could always unknowingly step into urine, vomit, and any number of other foul things you wouldn't want tracked into your house. During the rainy season the wet can carry a black muddy/dirt yuck. (I know because back in my hippie youth, walking around Japan in bell bottoms and sandals, my bell bottoms would get wet and a blackish color that soaked up about a foot or so.)