Do you have a shoes off rule in your house?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Joe45432, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Joe45432

Joe45432 Members

when i get home I always take my shoes and socks off, I ask my friends to take their shoes off and they Sometimes take their socks off too, and now when i go over their house they ask me to go barefoot (JK they dont need to cos i would anyway) but they ask their other friends,

Maxxy likes this.
  2. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

I'm always barefoot in my apartment, but no, I don't have any rule for my wife or anyone else for that matter. Of course, if you show up at the door shoeless, that sometimes will invite others to take their shoes off as well.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If got thick tread that rocks can get caught then yeah I don't want that on my wood but for me personally I've never felt comfortable wearing footwear inside my house, only my sheepskins.

4. fem_fatale

fem_fatale Members

No rule, but most people I know take their shoes off indoors. Seems like common practice .

Maxxy likes this.
  5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i wouldn't call it a rule, and really people rarely visit my apartment anyway, but i never wear shoes in here and i would politely ask any guests to take theirs off too. white carpets.

Maxxy likes this.
  6. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

Even my leather soles shoes that rarely track dirt?

7. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

This doesn't really bother me personally, but I know many people who hate the feeling of going barefoot indoors because of all of the random stuff that tends to get stuck to the bottom of their feet. Considering how grossed it makes people feel, I would never require someone to go barefoot in my house.

Lynnbrown likes this.
  8. barefootconservative

I would only ask they wipe their shoes first.

9. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I think it's reasonable to ask someone to remove their shoes, but unreasonable to require the removal of their socks.

Maxxy likes this.
  10. barefootconservative

That too.

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

like i said, it's not really a rule. i have one friend who basically never takes off his giant work boots, and i don't make him take them off either. but that does slightly annoy me; if you showed me your clean soles then i really wouldn't care at all if you kept them on.

fem_fatale likes this.
  12. barefootconservative

That makes sense.

13. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

This Is What I Do And It Seems To Work OK......In My Old House You Were On Carpet As Soon As

You Walked Through The Front Door.......In This House You Enter Through The Family Room Which

Is All Tiled.......I Vacuum The Tiles Weekly And Mop Them When Needed.....:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

14. bluewatersurfer

bluewatersurfer Members

I prefer to go barefoot and hope
    Most will take their shoes off inside

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  15. Kerri

Kerri Members

No I love shoes

Lynnbrown likes this.
  16. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Friends and family normally take their shoes off in the house and in summer sometimes we will not be wearing socks. I would not ask other visitors to remove shoes, unless they were about to walk into a carpeted area with muddy boots. Even then, I would normally just say "you are not going into the lounge with those boots", leaving the option to either take them off or remain in the kitchen. It is something that I can only ever recall happening once or twice.over the last 10 years.

17. edde

edde Members

When I get home, I always take my shoes and socks off. (If I wear shoes)
    But I don't have any rule about it. (Except for muddy boots,... as @wilsjane says)

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  18. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Until I started noticing these threads on HF, I never saw taking our shoes off in the house as having any real fetish connection. I am beginning to think that some people would take more notice of me taking my shoes off than if I removed my pants. LMAO.

19. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Half the time I will take my shoes off if I have them up on the couch. I would only suggest someone take off their shoes if they are tracking mud or something.
    I have hardwood floors that aren' finished and have an ugly color brown paint. So if it gets scuffed... well it' already completely scuffed but if it gets more so. I don' care until I eventually get around to making it look nice.

Which will likely be when I retire.

20. edde

edde Members

sorry, I think my comments were not clear (my english is not perfect, sorry again)
    But I'dont speak about fetich!! I just say that I agree with you, nobody will enter in my home with muddy boots, it's normal