Do you have a shitty realationship with your family?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Bloody_Kisses, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Bloody_Kisses

Bloody_Kisses Thizzler

i do, and its gotten ridiculous. im just going to do what everyone else does and stop caring. i never thought i would say that but there just isnt anything i can do about it anymore.

2. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I get along good with my faimly, that's sucks you don't really get along good with your family

3. prism

prism :o

I don't get along with them & they think its just a teenage thing, even though most of them are dicks.

4. Oh So strangE indeeD

Oh So strangE indeeD Member

I get along with them...but they dont really get along with eachother

5. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

i have a good relationship with everyone but my sister

6. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

when you are teenagers, you tend to have more problems with your family. its true. I went through the same phase. and now, I wouldnt trade my family for the world. we are all a close-knit family.

7. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I used to have a really shitty relationship especially with my father, but it's not so bad anymore when I don't live with my parents and I don't have to listen to my father's tantrums. :D

8. MBintheOC

MBintheOC We're all mad here..

I don't know my Dad & older half brother all that well, & things between me & my mom haven't been 2 hot, & me & my younger half sister argue quite a bit so I guess u could say yes.

9. SummerNymphO

SummerNymphO Member

Looking at the ages of the posters in this thread...it's understandable to feel that way. Just keep in mind......you will be in your own parents shoes one day & they did the best they could with what knowledge they had.

As for myself.....being a parent....my one son hates me...he's 22. I really am not clear why, for I have always tried to be there for him, even when I haven't approved of his behavior. I have used "Tough Love" and had to say no many times, for now he is on his own and has to learn the hard way I guess. It doesn't mean I love him less. I just keep telling myself....he will one day reach the age and point in life that he will understand....and maybe he will then, come back around.
    I still have a daughter at home. She's 12. I think we have a pretty good relationship & she's a smart girl.

As for my own personal relationship with my so-called adoptive Family......tis a long ass story, but we don't speak period.....been years and years. I don't speak nor see anything of my adoptive brother or Sister either. I have learned to live with it, for it was their choice in ways, not just mine and really didn't have as much to do with my childhood as it does my rights as a human being, which they choose to ignore. For I too reached an age in motherhood, where I perfectly understood they did their best with what they knew. None of us come with handbooks on how to. Please keep that in mind and love your family! Blood is thicker than water. Blood being the key word for me.

10. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I know what you mean... it's mostly my dad and I who don't get along... we just don't see eye to eye on anything... it's just tough to have a conversation w/o it turning in to some kind of fight.

11. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

I somewhat do and somewhat dont..

12. guitarslinger

guitarslinger Schwa

when i was younger it wasnt really good between my mother and i, but its been better for a year or two now. It helps that im 1000 miles away from them too.

13. hiro

hiro pursue it

I use to never get along with my mother and stepdad but now I love them dearly and wouldn't go without them. Now I don't get along with the real dad and stepmom and have never gotten along with the bro.

14. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i used to have a really shitty relationship with my family. then i moved far far away, and now i get along with them just fine.

15. kindwoman

kindwoman Sista Golden Hair

I used to have an excellent relationship with my family, but since I left my husband I'm the villian. I think they like him better than me now...

16. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

that happened to my mom. that sucks. didn't matter if the man was cheating on her and beating the family every now and again during some drunken navy leave. mom was still the bad guy.

17. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

hope it not what i think you talking about

18. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

I don't really get along very well with any of my family... We've never been very close. Doesn't really bother me, I just prefer to not be around them. :D

19. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

I get along with my family except sometimes I have nightmares about them. We didn't get along that great as a teenager. I was too busy getting high and staying out too late.

Now that I have a family of my own I think they are very cool.

20. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

of course, they're shitty people