Do you guys think that barefooting will see greater popularity in the future?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by BareyMommy, Apr 22, 2020.

1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

2. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

And this is just one website.

The public is getting the message

10 pages of results. here is a paste of page 1

Why going barefoot has become the new status symbol
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/.../why-going-barefoot-has-become-the-new- status-symbol/
    May 28, 2016 ... If you have been watching Love, Nina on BBC One, you will know that Nina arrives barefoot on the doorstep of the house where she is to be ...

Should all we follow Prince Harry's lead and go barefoot? The ...
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/.../should-follow-prince-harrys-lead-go-barefoot -health-benefits/
    Aug 5, 2019 ... Should all we follow Prince Harry's lead and go barefoot? The benefits of living life unshod.

Prince George standing barefoot on a swing in the grounds of ...
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/.../prince-george-standing-barefoot-on-a-swing- in-the-grounds-of-anm/
    Feb 11, 2020 ... Prince George standing barefoot on a swing in the grounds of Anmer Hall. Matt Porteous/PA. Back to image ...

Get in touch with nature: Should you try barefoot winter walking?
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/.../get-touch-nature-should-try-barefoot-winter- walking/
    Dec 14, 2016 ... My cold, cold feet! I'm standing – barefoot – in the Brecon Beacons National Park. Improbably, the sun is beating down, the sky a cornflower blue.

Barefoot Britain: why I'm running 2,600 miles this summer – with no ...
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/.../barefoot-britain-running-2600-miles-summer- no-shoes/
    May 23, 2019 ... But she's decided to tackle it barefoot. The 34-year-old adventurer from Gloucester has previously run the length of New Zealand and cycled ...

3. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I looked up what are the largest news websites then used the search on some of them and they have been writing lots of pro barefoot articles

Walking barefoot is the new wellness trend experts swear by ...
    www.glamour.co.za › wellness › walking-barefoot-is-th...Walking barefoot is the new wellness trend experts swear by. Here's why... Lottie Winter. December 6, 2019.

Is the Minimalism Movement Driving the Second Barefoot Revolution? | HuffPost

Personal trainer Aynsley Lynam says Brits should go barefoot ...
    www.dailymail.co.uk › femail › article-6603231 › Pers..
    Jan 20, 2019 - 'Humans weren't born to wear shoes': Vegan personal trainer reveals the surprising health benefits of going BAREFOOT - from 'curing' stiffness ...

Bare your sole: the joys of shoeless hiking | Travel | The Guardian
    https://www.theguardian.com/travel/.../barefoot-walking-holidays-britain

4. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Problem is none of these articles explain it how only feels awkward for a week until you re learn your natural ability to go barefoot.

Average person I think might try it but the first time they go 100 yards from their home and they get that "I can't" feeling they give up.

5. RT19

RT19 Members

mmicmann likes this.
  6. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

Yes need more of this. Going barefoot in nature is a real pleasure and it’s sad so many don’t even think to do it. Maybe if their favourite celebrities start it can take off, although not on the pretext of grounding which sounds bonkers

7. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Not in the beginning it totally sucks. Feels awkward and like every little ground imperfection is going to cause an injury.

Im still stuck on the same idea that in order for barefooting to gain popularity it has to be treated like any other sport where the challenge is build up your strength and skills.

They say in weight lifting no pain no gain, that's true in the sport of bare footing too, not that it has to hurt but you do have to push through the first week or two feeling un easy without the familiar protection of shoes that allow you to stomp over anything without thinking and it takes time for foot muscles to adapt.

"What are some examples of hand eye coordination?
    Any task that requires the coordination of vision and hand movements involves hand-eye coordination. Examples of hand-eye coordination include grasping objects, catching and throwing a ball, playing an instrument while reading music, reading and writing, or playing a video game."

It also takes time to rebuild I guess I will call it "mind foot coordination" that was lost from wearing shoes all the time.

So anyway I don't think just telling the shoe wearing world go barefoot its great will help the sport gain popularity, it needs to be explained a lot better.

8. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

Good point...a long time since I was that tenderfooted and had forgotten you have to get through that...very painful now I come to think of it. But once you’re through it - awesome!

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  9. BareyMommy

BareyMommy Members

Yeah, but as scams said before, lifting weights is never a walk in the park in the beginning. People who want to go barefoot but chicken out because it hurts are finding excuses to not try.

10. BarefootedBoy

BarefootedBoy Members

Yup. On the money here. I was one of those people as a kid. Finally realized it was the right thing to do, and off came those shoes and socks. The rest is history, joyfully barefoot history!

Barefoot-boy likes this.
  11. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

So many people say they’d like to but have dozens of excuses...just do it!

12. BareyMommy

BareyMommy Members

There's definitely a degree of societal pressure here, so honestly it's probably up to a counterculture to make barefooting a widespread thing where possible.

Also saw something about bottomless shoes on the internet.

Barefoot Incognito: Hyper-minimalist Shoe Conversion

Could help mask barefooters, although it doesn't look like it would be convincing while walking backwards. It would probably be most affective if walking somewhere very dirty where your feet would turn black enough to look like shoe soles.

charlie35 likes this.
  13. charlie35

charlie35 Member

^ Lols:grimacing:. Take it from me it doesn't work. I tried this as a kid when I was shy about barefooting and thought I'd cracked it. There's no way you can keep them on for one thing and they in fact made me feel even more nervous in case anyone should suss what I'd done and I'd feel ridiculous. In the end they disappeared from my room; my mum must've found them and slung them, though goodness knows what she thought!!

14. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

Yes, I agree. I've never even considered such ridiculous foot ware. It also kind of defeats the purpose for me as I don't like anything touching my feet (except the ground, of course).

charlie35 likes this.
  15. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

I did once consider making something like those but agree they’d never hold together, bet they make a strange noise as they flap against surfaces too!

16. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

I gave a couple of older ladies something to talk about this morning. Biking barefoot on a narrow country path they noticed and one of them said ”you’re not wearing shoes, oh my goodness”, I said I may as well enjoy some freedom...although visibly shocked at first they couldn’t disagree with that :laughing:

charlie35 likes this.
  17. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

Sad some people are so programmed to think that the foot can't function properly or that it is risky behavior for the foot to be free of a shoe. Biking barefoot is great with the air rushing between your toes.

18. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

I know, you feel sorry for people to be so closed minded...I bet if they had bunions they wouldn’t question what caused them.

On another note there were lots of garden parties in my area for VE Day, everyone sat on their front lawns with shoes on...I walked past one street and a woman shouted to her neighbours “look he doesn’t have shoesies on” (she really said shoesies) then ran across the path behind me to tell someone over the fence about me...you can’t make it up but I just ignore that crap, no point in being paraded like a freak. It’s been a good barefoot day anyway.

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  19. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

i spent many years waiting for that. then i decided that i'm above fashions and trends and went my own way. we are enlightened, we don't need acceptance, emulation or understanding. we dance at our own music, and the rest can go straight to hell. am i right?

20. BareyMommy

BareyMommy Members

I don't think I want to try barefoot biking. Bit too precarious for my taste with all those moving parts near your toes.