Do you guys hate trucks?

Discussion in 'Living on the Earth' started by 908_Pat, Feb 4, 2012.

1. 908_Pat

908_Pat Banned

Like personal use trucks. Silverados, f150 etc?

I ask this because alot of people shit on me for driving one thinking it's a gas guzzling eco killer and are not familiar with the changes the manufactures made to make them more eco friendly

For example mine is a flex fuel meaning it can also run on e85 ethanol.
    It also has an eco boost option that allows it to run on 4 cylinders instead of 8 for when you're in the cities

Just thought I would spread the word

DrRainbow likes this.
  2. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

How much of the flex do you really use?

3. 908_Pat

908_Pat Banned

Never seen a pump that offered it yet to be honest lol

It does cut down to 4 cylinders often though. Which is less than some cars run on

4. jamgrassphan

jamgrassphan Get up offa that thing Lifetime Supporter

I hate trucks. Not inherently, but where I live, if you're a male and you drive anything but a truck, you're considered effeminate. I don't mind people who drive trucks who actually use them as trucks - meaning they actually haul shit in them, and by shit, I mean not a bunch of trash that they through out of the sliding glass cab window. Another thing that instantly pisses me off - to the point that I'm certain it has shortened my lifespan- is when I see a woman (or a man) commuting alone in a big fucking SUV or a van. And finally, I don't care how fuel efficient you truck is, it doesn't get the gas mileasge of a car manufactured around the same time period. If you frequently haul shit, fine. But if you're driving one because you like driving/owning a truck for truck's sake - then you suck in my humble opinion.

5. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

e85 really isnt good for the enviro.. chop down trees to grow corn with pesticides and fertilizer and scarce water

6. 908_Pat

908_Pat Banned

4 wheel drive is handy in the winter time

Wouldn't be able to get to work without it

And trucks are a shit load safer than cars. Watch videos on youtube of little cars in accidents. They cave in on both sides. Trucks. Nothing beyond the dash gets overly damaged, Granted if you hit a transport head on your chances aren't really that great

7. tuesdaystar

tuesdaystar Interneter

I don't hate

Still I'm not a fan of tools that cruise around in giant gas-guzzling penis extensions

I've driven in blizzards in my front wheel drive honda many winters

I made it to work every time

8. 908_Pat

908_Pat Banned

Penis extensions? never understood that moronic association.

Ground clearance is handy when you go offroading ;)

And you're little honda would get stuck fast on the road I drive through to go to work. 200 km's of gravel road that never gets plowed

Laker06 likes this.
  9. Sarah_Again

Sarah_Again Inspires Irrelevancy

All we have 'round these parts are dirt roads. Trucks are the only thing people drive.

I was taught that truck=man=sexy, so yeah

10. 908_Pat

908_Pat Banned

new found respect for sarah

moving up in the ranks slowly

11. Sarah_Again

Sarah_Again Inspires Irrelevancy

Can we get married now?

playing the role of a clingy bitch

12. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I don't mind trucks when they are actually used and needed. My boyfriend and I share a truck so that we get get up into the mountains on roads our Toyota Tercels can't go (and yes, we both have the same exact model of cars). And for taking our recycling in and hauling stuff and all of that.

But I do not like it when people in the city have trucks that they will never really use and they only have them because they think they look cool.

13. 908_Pat

908_Pat Banned

lifted trucks with big tires look sexy as fuck and turn heads

14. jamgrassphan

jamgrassphan Get up offa that thing Lifetime Supporter

Bullshit. That's a myth. The reason little cars cave in on both sides is because they have crumble zones - so does your truck. Older cars and trucks didn't and they faired much better in a crash, but the people inside, or rather their dead bodies (that is if they managed to stay inside the vehicle at all), didn't fare so well - even at 25 mph because all that crash energy got transferred into their broken necks. Yeah a car is going to take more damage if it's hit by a pickup, just like a pickup is going to take more damage if it's hit by a heavier pick-up. None of that is an indication of the forces inside a vehicle during a collision, and it's those forces that usually kill people.

15. apothecaryvybez

apothecaryvybez Member

nex time someone shits on you.....run them over

16. Mason Grey

Mason Grey Member

i used to have a old dodge ram
    i know more people who need trucks than hate them

17. tricknologist

tricknologist menace to sobriety

I drive an F-150.

18. indydude

indydude Senior Member

Yeap, no one wants to buy a truck but they want to borrow mine when they need to move or pick up furniture.

19. TallSequoia

TallSequoia Member

sometimes you have to make due with what you have...

20. InfiniteOscillations

InfiniteOscillations Member

If that's the car you drive and don't have the money and things to get another car I think it's silly to judge someone because of the car they drive. Just take into consideration the fumes that are put off by it. I understand if you use it often for a job and various things. Much love.