do you girls care if a guy has a job or not

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by joker, Jun 29, 2005.

1. deadsilence020

deadsilence020 Member

OK this has gone a lil too far... its funny how all this uprising and bullshit hits the fan when a black guy asks if a girl cares if a guy has a job or not...

1) He isnt taking welfare... can you handle that? Because you seem to mention welfare all over the place. SSI is completly different then welfare.

2) Joker isnt being a "parasite" to this country, and isnt the cause to the collapse of Social Security, he isnt taking YOUR money. You give it to the government and the government spends it in dumbass ways, but it just so happens they offer it to people with disabilities, who wouldnt take it?

3) Who are you to fucking say he is faking his disorder? I dont think any of us have ever met the guy, so we cant say wether or not what he has. I think there is worse things to worry about our money being "wasted" on in this country... like a genocidal war half way across the world, eh?

4) If you are so concerned about people leeching money, bitch at the government....wrap your thoughts around this: The USA spends billions of dollars a year to go towards the "war on drugs".... 80% of that money is used to "fight" Marijuana (a pretty harmless narcotic), they are basicly trying to say "We want crack, heroin, acid, ex, to all be cheaper then Marijuana". Now, I know its off topic, but thats the kind of things we should be worrying about: Billions of Dollars wasted.... not 500 a month, going to a guy with a disability.

5) IronGoth, get educated, before you start rambling on with dumbass accusations and using the words "leeching", "parasite", and "welfare" all in the same issue, when its not even about that.

---Im done posting here---

2. Bobinbed

Bobinbed Visitor

I care if the guy has a job... Not if it's a temporary thing or he's been put out of work, but if he's 30 and never worked in his life it would be a clear warning sign. I'm not talking about people who are ill or disabled here - I mean an ordinary healthy man who would be fit for work. Hell - I don't plan to support an entire family on my own! I want no lazy man depending on my income because I work hard enough myself as it is. I strongly believe that one should share not only the love, but also the bills.

Edited to add that I've had a ten year long relationship with a man who suffered from schizofrenia, paranoia and manic depression. He simply COULDN'T work. You can't have a person like that in a workplace. We have two children and I tell you it hasn't been easy. I gave it all up almost a year ago. And those fantastic medicines don't work well for everybody. Especially not if you are a creative person like my ex. They just make you a passive vegetable in some cases which is sad.

3. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

RE: 1) He isnt taking welfare... can you handle that?

A cheque for sitting around all day smoking weed - yeah, that sounds like welfare to me. OK so he claims he's bipolar, but let's put it this way - obviously his social worker is pushing him to get a job cause the evidence is there he can work - and he can. Plenty of bipolar people do. Unless they don't WANT to work and they just WANT to sit around playing the guitar and smoking weed while having everything paid for out of our taxes, like our friend Joker.

4. deadsilence020

deadsilence020 Member

yah so? we gave him tips for what he should do next... wtf more u wanna bitch about?

RE: yeah, that sounds like welfare to me

Dude, u fucking serious? U cant assume shit all the time... you dont know what the fuck it is cuz u havnt been in his position

5. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

RE: Dude, u fucking serious? U cant assume shit all the time... you dont know what the fuck it is cuz u havnt been in his position

Dude, I serious. I used to work in an area with a lot of welfare cases. There were some who were really actually old and infirm. There were a lot of cases of "job stress", "fibromyalgia" and "mood disorder" - stuff that couldn't be verified, but it allowed people free money, free housing, and supposedly they were dealing with bad brain chemistry but still didn't have a problem not getting meds but instead getting booze and weed.

Ya got two arms, two legs, eyes and ears you can work.

6. blondgirl1974

blondgirl1974 Member

Joker I got a question: You said u cant work because of public places. Have u ever been to the mall or a fair or anything where there is a crowd of people how are u going to be a famous musician if u cant be around crowds? Because if u have and were able to deal with it then u can get a job. I have nothing against people that dont work, but I have something against people that take my hard earned money. You have time to be on the pc fighting with everyone, and time to jam out, but cant find time for a job. U find time to drink, smoke and jam but cant find time to work, interesting. It is just upsetting. It would be one thing if u werent on "disability" and were homeless at least then u wouldnt be taking advantage on the system.

There are plenty of stay at home dads, nothing wrong with that, but someone who just doesnt want to work and uses the fear of public places as an excuse that is wrong.

7. Moonjava

Moonjava Senior Member

It's SUCH a turn-off if a guy doesn't have a job. And I don't care if you're on disability... $600 isn't that much! Besides, US taxpayers are the ones working so you can sit on your ass and not do s*it although it sounds like you're able. You say you can't get a job b/c you have no experience or references? Well, everyone has to start somewhere! McDonald's sounds ideal to you. SO what if you have to part with your hair and shave? GROW UP DUDE!
    Just that you want to sloth around all day.. that's the turn off. it has nothing to do with money. But if you can find some chick who actually puts up with it, then more power to ya!

8. jggp

jggp Member

Would you ladies mind.. if a guy having a income over the internet?? That is not a career..

My gf hated it when I did not get a proper job.. she keeps telling me that e-business hasnt any security.. and keeps asking to built a career..

Sometimes I wonder.. how many ladies are willing to take hardship together with someone the love...

9. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

An income over the internet is fine I'm sure, so long as you are WORKING and GETTING BY.

If you're pissing around on the internet and making no money, No.

10. phoenix88

phoenix88 Member

No...I'm 16, have my own house. A Phd in psychology and run my own business.

I have a job, most of my paycheck goes towards fixing my car and putting gas in it. I actually bought most of my electronics last summer which I Earned because I worked. What else would I spend it on? Of course I still live with my parents you fuckass. Atleast I deserve what I get asshole.

11. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

I think as long as you're making an income, who cares if it is over the net? I envy people who can support themselves on e-bay. Wouldn't that be awesome, no boss, your hours, your house! And there is no security in any job or career, layoffs are just a downturn in the economy away!

12. Al13n

Al13n Member

Dont make this into something racial... that has nothing to do with it, who has attacked his race? no one..