do you girls care if a guy has a job or not

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by joker, Jun 29, 2005.

1. joker

joker Senior Member

I was just wondering how many of you girls care if a guy has a job or not? I was talking to my social worker and he says, "most girls will find it a turn off if you don't work." What I got out of the way he explained it was they'll think that you aren't independent. I have my own place, but I'm living off the government. I dropped out of school too, so I can become a full time musician. I'm not looking for a job at the moment because I've had bad experience working them and it's hard for me to get a job because I don't have and experiece to put down as a reference on a application. Would any of you girls find my way of living a turn off if you met a guy like me?

2. Green

Green Iconoclastic

Maybe, you'd have to explain it to them.

3. WynterFrost

WynterFrost Short Bus Rider

yeah it is a turn off.....my brother in law doesnt have a job and i see them struggle ....its not kuwl....

a girl doesnt want to struggle just because the guy doesnt wanna help out by ( even though he has a dream ) by getting a real job.
    Your not puting your dreams on hold though.
    getting a job wont ruin things...
    you make more friends...
    they make you feel better when you get that pay check....
    so it makes the guy happy too..
    believe me a job does help...
    I HAVE A JOB SO COME ON!!!!!!

4. joker

joker Senior Member

what about a disibility check. i get atleast $587.00 a month. The thing I don't like about a job is they tell me you have to shave or cut your hair. I figure why kiss their ass. I know that's negative, but I don't think it's fair for me to shave or cut my hair and then they take me off the scheduele or shorten my hours. I did find that my college I went to was a scam and exactly like high school. The teacher I had kept losing my papers, so I just quit showing up for after a while. I can't imagine myself being employed anywhere.

5. WynterFrost

you claim that too much..

Disibility
    stop using that as your excuse!
    depression is over taking your life and that is what turns ME off the most

6. joker

joker Senior Member

i don't know where i would get hired. i don't have experience. i like the way my life is, although it may seem low to say this. it's a cool feeling that i've realized i am free for the rest of my life. i don't have to go to school or work for the rest of my life. i always wanted to just work on music.

7. WynterFrost

I was gonna vist you.
    But now I am not going to......I am so turned off....and out of tune of you ..that I dont think I could stand to be around you.
    You sound like a downer.
    I need an upper.
    YOUR NOT FREE
    GOVERNMENT IS STILL THERE
    TAKING CARE OF YOU
    GOING TO YOUR EVERY NEED
    YOUR NOT INDEPENTED

8. joker

joker Senior Member

well, there was one school i have an interest in that i could find a job after i finish. it was this school that teaches to be a recording egineer. it's pretty expensive, so i'd probably have to start saving up. maybe there is hope if i can save up to $2,000.

9. WynterFrost

get a job...it will help

10. dmgreen

dmgreen ~Hugz 4 All~

That is a MAYJOR turn off!!! And you say that you get a check from the goverment every month?......ummm....hello!!! - Guess who's pockets that money is coming out of every month!!!! - US!! - the hard working people of America!
    It's called being an adult and taking responsibility for yourself!!! - try it!!!

11. nananie

nananie Member

well i don't care if someone has a job or not, but hell yeah im crazy ;)

i think someone have to live life the way he/she want to, and not how they tell him/her to do

12. joker

joker Senior Member

i did, but have gotten turned down by jobs. i can't work them cause i have prob dealing with the public. and i can't function at the job with the meds they got me on. Depakote and seroquel. They knock ya the fuck out.

13. joker

joker Senior Member

thank you. there was a saying once someone at my metal health service told me who was living off welfare as well. "rather make this my life, it's better working 9 to 5."

14. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

it's not a problem unless I get serious enough to want to live with a person.

15. soccergirl

soccergirl Member

Have you ever heard the saying " Plant apple seeds, get apple trees. It sounds as the you want to get as much as you can for as little as possible. If you want to live like that fine but, don't complain when you don't get much out of life.

16. joker

joker Senior Member

i wasn't complaining. i was just asking a question. no need to put me down for it. it's jsut my way of life. i'm still a friendly and more happy guy now that i've dedicated my life to music. i'm thinking about starting to record some of my music too and sell cd's on the streets and at gigs when i start playing them. i'll be making something out of my life with my axe.

17. novarys

novarys Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

well currently i live with my boyfriend who doesnt have a job.
    he IS looking b/c I take him to put his applications in.
    I would say it depends on the situation.
    if you werent trying to do anything with your life and you were just bumming off your friends and family all your life not trying to do anything with yourself it might be a turn off.
    but ya know, whatever works. i mean, its your life, you do what you do but the gratification of knowing that you worked for something such as an apartment, groceries, internet, a car and extra curricular activities, is so more ...well gratifying.

18. joker

joker Senior Member

well i can say this, i make enough where i can pay my rent and my cable bill. cable billl is the internet bill. i get 587 and 164 goes to rent and 95 goes to cable. i have about $300 for the rest of the month. my social worker takes me to a food pantry where i can get free food once a month. i get all the food i can when i'm down there. my mom doesn't lend me money neither the ol' man. they may treat me to dinner sometime when i go to there place. the only things i need to buy besides my rent or cigarettes, food when i run out, and booze. i'm not a alcoholic though. i just enjoy gettin loaded sometimes like most people do. i buy some weed sometimes, but i like to take care of what's important first and then do the partying. i'd like to ask a question by the way, "i was thinking of weening myself off the depakote and seroquel and then playing guitar for emotional security and doing a little boozin and somking weed to relieve my depression when it comes around, do you think it's a safe idea? in my opinion the reason why most of the people can't work jobs is because these meds knock you out and also in my opinion when u take them they require you to get a lot of sleep. when i take seroquel i need atleast 12-15 hours of sleep. could someone give me some advice about meds?

19. shaba

shaba Grand Inquisitor

I'm impressed with the fact that you can be so open about yourself on here Joker.

20. joker

joker Senior Member

thanx man, i just say what i feel. i'm workin on trying not to defend people and being more positive though. and i have to add this. i regret ever saying or thinking about killing myself. music is what's worth living for in life to me.