Do you ever wonder what all this is?

Discussion in 'Question of the Week!' started by Riverrat1029, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

I'm not a troll. I just don't see any point in arguing with people.

I simply state my thoughts and let others state theirs.

I guess you're angry because I answered a post that said "I'm an atheist" with "it doesn't matter" - but I only did that because the person was directly responding to my quote and I thought I should clarify that my feeling about the cosmos being like TV to God really wasn't going to change because a person was an atheist.

In future, I'll not comment when someone quotes me. I don't want to be banned.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
    FredBrice likes this.
  2. Davey Do

Davey Do Members

Good question, Riverrat.

On this, the third dimensional world, we are incarnate souls living successive lifetimes endeavoring to advance in consciousness in order to, once again, reunite with the universal soul.

~Zen~ and Intrepid37 like this.
  3. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

Yep.

4. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Do not assume I am angry, I am merely dispassionate.

Moon Goddess likes this.
  5. Sara Merredith

Sara Merredith Newbie

I too have pondered this question my entire adult life. I am guessing nearly everyone else who has every lived has done the same. After 45 years I still do not know what it is but I do know what it is not. It is not about physical possessions.

6. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

My late mother would not allow a TV in the house, she called them lunatics lanterns. When I got bored, she told me to go and play the piano. I certainly made a few composers turn over in their graves. LOL

~Zen~ and scratcho like this.
  7. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

If you want to go completely crazy, try to work out the meaning of infinity. It has had more than one person locked up and left to pick the flowers off the wallpaper.

~Zen~ and scratcho like this.
  8. straightma1e

straightma1e Members

Actually this song laments the love one has for another that is not returned and not that our existence is strange in this universe. The lamenter feels his life has taken a strange turn when he realizes she doesn't love him. Thus the phrase in the second line "A turn of the page" is his realization of the love not being returned which will make him cry, cry, cry.

~Zen~ likes this.
  9. straightma1e

straightma1e Members

I have often thought I am the only conscious being in this realm. The best I can explain it is a bubble I exist in. I am an article that is being manipulated along where all of what I encounter isn't real but set up to amuse, confuse, mystify, pleasure, coax, and generally allow me to feel that there is more. Except outside of my consciousness there is nothing. Beyond the boarders of my knowledge is another being, maybe a god, maybe something incomprehensible, just fucking with my mind. I may be a lab experiment and subjected to what is presented in order to collect data for future use. Beyond what my senses tell me there is nothing. No earth rotation. No stars or planets. No other people. Nothing beyond my sensory pickup. It's all fake or made up so that data can be collected by and for another being or life form. it's just me by myself caught in a bubble of life.

~Zen~ likes this.
  10. Mark Blomquist

Mark Blomquist Members

Yes sir.

~Zen~ likes this.
  11. Mark Blomquist

Mark Blomquist Members

Oh, never mind...you figured out what you needed and then it was never mind?

~Zen~ likes this.
  12. Mark Blomquist

Mark Blomquist Members

More than thousands...way more.

~Zen~ likes this.
  13. Moon Goddess

Moon Goddess Supporter HipForums Supporter

Suddenly feeling attacked here. I said never mind because it wasn't worth the trouble trying to talk to him anymore. Not that I owe you any sort of explanation but there you have it.

I'm not a theologist but...you know, there is always google "Encyclopedia of Gods: Over 2,500 Deities of the World."

~Zen~ likes this.
  14. Moon Goddess

Wait there's more but...yup still in the thousands. "Anthropologists estimate that at least 18,000 different gods, goddesses, and various animals or objects have been worshipped by humans since our species first appeared."

~Zen~ likes this.
  15. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

People will "worship" a piece of toast.

16. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If the earth was a ball of fire billions of "years "ago, then the beginning of all that is here now--all flora, fauna--and the capabilities of life to mutate by evolution--all came from somewhere else in existence. Not to worry. We're here for a certain amount of time and then our sun will explode and pieces of all that exists here, will find other "places" to begin similar cycles as we have gone / are going through. There are some things we are incapable of knowing in our present form. Is there an actual answer to--why existence at all? Some ( usually hucksters) say they do. Who the fuck knows?;) There is some fun to be had here ,though.:)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
    ~Zen~ and Echtwelniet like this.
  17. Echtwelniet

Echtwelniet Members

To answer the thread question........

[​IMG]

Go with the flow........my best guess....:D

Mzzls

scratcho, ~Zen~ and Moon Goddess like this.
  18. straightma1e

straightma1e Members

Well then, I worship the beer I have in my hand or the naked vulva laid before me.

Moon Goddess likes this.
  19. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

Vulva, huh?

Word of the day right there.

20. Moon Goddess

"Word of the day right there." seems to indicate that it's something unfamiliar. So, just out of curiosity, do you know what vulva refers to?