Do you ever feel guilty for...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Deidre, Apr 14, 2018.

1. No. I'm more of the blame everybody else for bothering me type. Even if I'm supposed to be working or something...I'm like, "Stupid people want to work. All I wanted to do was sit in my room by myself. Would that be so bad?"

mysticblu21 and Deidre like this.
  2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

clothes shopping? i'm with you on the rest of these, but clothes shopping is one of those things you just want to get in and done without being bothered.

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I could browse through a museum all day by myself and be perfectly happy. But a concert or going to the movies alone would be weird

Kerri, mysticblu21 and Deidre like this.
  4. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

or to dinner alone at a restaurant...Nah, I will take that to go then....lol

Kerri and Deidre like this.
  5. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Agree with you both ^^

My alone time is usually out for a nature walk or shopping spree. Or just a hot, bubble bath at home. Actually alone time at home is nice, sometimes. And I watch all kinds of garbage tv as my guilty pleasure.

Kerri likes this.
  6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Hmmm... I live on 8 acres, with a locked gate and can't be seen from the road.

Nope... alone doesn't bother me at all. People on the other hand....

Deidre likes this.
  7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't mind eating out by myself. i used to do it all the time, and i would just bring a book with me.

if i do it now, it's usually at a sports bar or something where i can watch whatever random game is on at the time. if that's not an option, i can always get on my phone and post on hipforums.

Deidre likes this.
  8. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Traveling alone can be fun.

Maybe being alone in environments where everyone else is interacting with each other makes one feel lonelier.

Not really. I'm almost always alone, so there really isn't anyone around asking those things.

Deidre and Moonglow181 like this.
  9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Going out for dinner goes without saying! Museum a bit less, yeah. But yes, i prefer to go with someone else.
    In theory i think going to the movies by yourself is perfecty alright (Shale flashback here!), but I don't wanna.

Yes, I hate clothes shopping and there's a big risk i get home with stuff i don't really like out of sheer lack of patience. I succeed much better (and have slightly more fun with the whole thing) with someone else.

10. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Nah, just awkwarder.....I am used to be alone, so that does not bother me....but I always love your responses, Total Darkness....:)

11. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

On occasion, I feel guilty at work if I just want to eat lunch at my desk and not with others. Some days, I’m totally down to go out for lunch but there’s days I want to eat alone, and check social media etc and there’s always this judgey look from my coworkers. lol

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I never each lunch with coworkers unless we have to eat during a meeting or some sort of company sponsored lunch. We're together all day long and I need time alone to decompress during lunch. Thats prime HF posting time!

Asmodean and Deidre like this.
  13. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Haha yes!!! :D

14. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

[​IMG]

I can do both movies and concerts alone. I used to go to concerts alone all the time. It's definitely better with friends, but you get lost in the crowd and become anonymous. But eating alone? I feel like everyone is watching and judging me: "Oh that poor, pathetic girl."

Bu museums? Truthfully, I prefer to go alone. I could spend the day in one museum. I'm a geek for that stuff

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

is that an option? i mostly eat lunch at my desk and people barge in and ask me shit the whole time.