Do you ever feel guilty for...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Deidre, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No, not really anymore. One has to like oneself to be with oneself to like to spend time with oneself....., and I like my own company.....lol

Stan used to get hurt when I wanted time alone, and I would feel badly.......but now he is used to it, and does not take it personally anymore......and he does his alone things, too around here, and he is out a lot anyway.........I do like to be with people, too and in social situations, but I always need my alone time for myself afterwards to be creative, write, paint, reflect, and so on...it is in my genes...Us Finns are like that,.lol

scratcho and Deidre like this.
  2. deleted

deleted Visitor

Ill take off work just to be alone, sometimes I want to party alone when my gf is home. I dont need to party with her every night anyway. run out of things to talk about..

or going to the store, I can do that alone. less time wasted looking at shit we cant buy. I just want to get my things and roll.

Deidre likes this.
  3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Same, but the opposite - I like going to the store alone so I can slowly look at everything without someone nagging me to hurry up :)

etherea, Orison and Deidre like this.
  4. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Precisely why I'm no longer allowed to go to certain stores alone anymore. I can spend hours (and dollars) at places like Big Lots, Hobby Lobby or Pier One.

Meliai and Deidre like this.
  5. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Same. I always give a warning “I’m going to be a while” but they don’t listen.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2018
  6. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, I like to shop alone at times too. Mainly because I can stay on budget and try not to buy frivolous things, but my wife and daughter likes all kinds silly little shit that nips at my wallet. And I (Fuckin) hate when she drags me to the fabric store while she buys yarn. Got damn!

Deidre likes this.
  7. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Lol “yarn”

I don’t blame you, there.

8. Eric!

Here's a story: we went to JoAnn Fabric awhile back, for some yarn, of course. I'm standing in the isle looking at other shit, hating that I'm there, while she is looking for a particular color of yarn. She holds a ball of chocolate brown yarn next to my arm to compare colors, and I start laughing and ask her what the hell is she doing? She wanted to make her mom's dog a sweater and since the dog and I are about the same color, she held the yarn next to my arm as a reference. I laughed my ass off!

etherea, scratcho and Deidre like this.
  9. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I don't know you, but I can see your reaction in my mind hahahaha!!! Too funny!

Eric! likes this.
  10. Eric!

The lady in the isle with us got a kick out of my expression.

Deidre likes this.
  11. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

I think I've had enough of guilt now. I think I'm getting too old to be paranoid as well.

Deidre likes this.
  12. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I suppose I could make some friends IRL, but I just don't bother to do so. I went once to a place down the road from me that is for old people----I couldn't hack it.

My old running mates and my lady friend gave up the ghosts. I used to like to reminisce with them about growing up in our little home town----that's gone. So it goes.

13. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Sorry your friends are gone Scratcho. I'm glad you had them for the time you did though

scratcho, Joshua Tree and Deidre like this.
  14. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

There are different personality types. Some people just need more alone time than others. It may help if you try to explain that to folks that are questioning you.

Personally, I don't feel like I can think about anything deeply without some quiet alone time.

Amerijuanican and Deidre like this.
  15. Oh man! You are alive! Yeah, sure, the place for old people? Old is a mental attitude not a number. I will never be ready for places for old people. Even if all your conversations are on the internet keep it real, keep it vibrant.. if I lived near I would be your source of "non old people" chat

scratcho likes this.
  16. Amerijuanican

Amerijuanican Banned

Do I ever feel guilty? No, gave that up a while ago. Life is too short for that crap.

Joshua Tree likes this.
  17. Lovelane

Lovelane Members

Why are we have to be guilty of what we like? I'm introvert and I spend most of my time alone. I choose to be with people who understand that I need a lot of time for myself and they still be with me when I need them.

18. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, fuck guilty it's all about staying sane

Amerijuanican and Joshua Tree like this.
  19. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Feeling guilty is one of my guilty pleasures,
    Something I indulge myself in from time to time.
    A twinge here, a twinge there, just ain't Jewish guilt!
    For guilt, is built right into all our cultural world views,
    And, sometimes, can even inspire amazing grace,
    But, guilt can be a terrible thing to waste,
    Merely dwelling upon the subject and cogitating,
    Guilt is quite often hesitant to wait to procrastinate!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

No, don't feel guilty about it at all. I need my alone time too. On the other hand: i hate going alone to stuff like museums, concerts, the movies, clothes shopping etc. I don't mind being alone at a concert or museum for awhile at all, but going alone to one weirds me a bit out (unless i know other people that i know will be there too) :p