Do You Eat Raw Oysters?

Discussion in 'Munchie Recipes' started by tumbling.dice, Apr 18, 2019.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

These things are apparently still alive when you eat them...kind of freaks me out. Of course I don't guess they have much of a brain so I suppose they could care less. Also, you're eating them in they're entirety (sans shell), which means you're eating their digestive tract, which means you're eating oyster shit in addition to the oyster. They're good with Tabasco sauce.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

EWWW NO WAY!

3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

They are aphrodisiacs Irm. A half dozen oysters and you couldn't keep your hands off the Dice-man. :tonguewink:

GLENGLEN and Irminsul like this.
  4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Ummmm....

OhFuckingHellNo....

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

An aphrodisiac cause they feel similar on the tongue to..... :tongueclosed::tongueclosed:

GLENGLEN and tumbling.dice like this.
  6. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I have, but I don't. I no longer eat sea food, but they are very very popular around here. They kind of remind me of swallowing a lougie.

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Exactly. It's sea snot. :tongueclosed:

8. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

Depends on where they come from. I have shucked an oyster or two in my life

9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

You know, I don't eat raw anything anymore. I used to be really into sushi and it finally made me sick. For a week! lol I haven't ordered raw since then. I maybe had one thing that wasn't cooked since that time. Anyway...

10. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

lucky for me, i was very young when i first saw that mr. bean episode where the raw oysters that went bad. so no.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

yeah but not my favorite they bit tasteless, toss some sauce on them. I maybe get a bucket once a year at best, but do eat the china ponds oysters all the time.. But Id much rather have frog legs.

12. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I live in WA state oyster country. I love cooked oysters but my raw oyster days are past....guess I just have seen too many oysters sitting in the hot summer sun at low tide. The potential health risks of raw oysters are not trivial and I’m a recovering alcoholic needing to go the extra mile to protect my liver.