Do you care what others think of you?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by Wolfman's Brother, Mar 6, 2013.

1. There's the part of a rat that's just under his tail. That's how much I care.

2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Everything I needed to know in life I learned in kindergarten, when it became clear to me that the world is full of blithering idiots. For example, a quarter of the developed world still insists the sun revolves around the earth, and over 90% believe they are better than average at detecting misinformation, or bullshit, and half of them casually spread bullshit all the time online. Let's just say I gave up trying to impress them long ago. They're too easy to impress.

jagerhans and Bilby like this.
  3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I doubt very much others think of me...

Eric! likes this.
  4. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

Never cared. If someone is talking about you. That means said party is taking time out of their day to think about you ;)

Eric! likes this.
  5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i worry about what others might DO about it. other then that, i'm more concerned with what i'm making life like for them, if anything, that what they claim to be their impression of me.
    its not that it never crosses my mind, its just that there's other things way more important to me. like being not robbed of thinking my own thoughts by their demands for attention.

6. Angela36

Angela36 Members

Only some people.

Eric! likes this.
  7. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I used to but I don’t anymore. Can’t please everyone.

8. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

Not only no but, Hell No!

9. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Certainly and emphatically not !!! - Don't give a stuff - have been called many names in my time in employment.

10. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

If someone is lazy or incompetent at their job I consider this to be undignified. The two often go hand in hand. If you care about your appearance, then you care what others think of you. If you are going for a job interview then are going to dress appropriately?

11. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I used to when I was young and unsure of my own identity. Now I know where my head is at and if someone can't accept me as I am that's their problem. I'll live my life my way.

12. shanks59

shanks59 Banned

I used to as a kid, then I grew up and started to realize how the world works, most people are selfish and most people I've ever met are either ignorant or arrogant or both. Why would I waste a second of my life worrying about their opinion of me, I don't care about them so their opinion is worthless to me.

13. newo

I suppose it never goes away completely. If you like someone you want them to like you. But a sign of maturity is being able to accept rejection. You don't like everyone you know and can't expect everyone to like you.

Prickly Pear likes this.
  14. Redwingsfan

Redwingsfan Visitor

I used to very much so but know that I’ve talked to a councillor I now think fuck it if you don’t like me then you don’t have to look or talk to me I’m still shy but getting better every day with my self image and what not because I now love who I am. So you should too

Prickly Pear likes this.
  15. Redwingsfan

Redwingsfan Visitor

I know right I now do what I want when I want whenever I want because it makes me happy I just do I don’t overthink things anymore. I know it’s hard because you’ve done it for so long and you will get there have faith with yourself

Prickly Pear likes this.
  16. lion1978

lion1978 The King

Nope and I never have really

Prickly Pear likes this.
  17. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

I gave up bothering about it eventually. My layman's philosophy is currently "no one cares about my opinions - I don't care about others' opinions". This rule applies indiscriminately to everyone, starting from relatives and acquaintances instead of excluding the people closest to me.

Redwingsfan likes this.
  18. lion1978

lion1978 The King

Yes it is

Prickly Pear likes this.
  19. newo

Actually there are some people whose opinions I respect and some who respect my opinions. It's a form of trust that takes a while to establish. But if your opinion of me is that basically I'm not a good person then we shouldn't be interacting. You go your way and I'll go mine.

Prickly Pear likes this.