Do you care what others think of you?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by Wolfman's Brother, Mar 6, 2013.

?

Do you care what others think of you?

1. Not at all

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Yes, absolutely

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Only Family or Friends or at Work

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Depends who they are

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Not Sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. morrow

morrow Visitor

Only that they get me right!

Eric! likes this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Depends what others :p

But yes, every one does to a certain extent/in a certain way. It could also change per person. Some people you once cared about what they thought about you, you can become rather nihilistic about in a later part of life.

edit: although already quoted I still wanted to correct my spelling :-D

3. morrow

morrow Visitor

Bit like what happens with an X husband..He broke my toaster!

1 person likes this.
  4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Unforgiveable indeed.

That's a deal breaker.

2 people like this.
  5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Depends on the person. A spouse/lover, relative, dear friend? A colleague whom I respect? A mentor? Well of I course I'd care what they think of me.

A total stranger or someone I just don't get a long with? Nah. Who cares what they think?

Eric! likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm not sure if I've answered this thread recently.

I've always not wanted to care what others ever thought of me, it's something I always wanted to just not even really think about but I think at the end of the day, with some, it kind of does matter I mean I don't like people having a false perception about especially if they don't really know me and take something I say a bit serious or see me do something quirky that makes me less in their eyes.

That was before.

Now there's today and I've got over a lot of my social anxiety. Getting out and meeting new people at the pool halls and venues I can attribute a lot of this too as it's forced me to socialize with people I wouldn't normally socialize with and pushed me to actually make that contact and first contact with a lot of them.

This is what I've learned so far. That not everybody likes me, from the initial moment we meet there's some that want nothing to do with me, they're rude, ignorant, unhelpful and I've simply learned to thrive off that in a way. I'm like, good. I hope you don't like me and don't talk to me, I don't like the look of ya anyway and I don't need your help, I'm better than you.

And that's helped me in the other aspects of life. I now argue and state my case to people if they've done me wrong or a shop or store has done me wrong. I don't go away now silently, I'm quite abrupt with too much confidence. I fight for what I think is right too no matter what anyone really thinks of me or what I'm fighting for at the time.

I'm just myself, i don't know who else to be and honestly, if others are thinking too much of me then I'm chuffed because I'm living rent free right in their heads. ;)

1 person likes this.
  7. KarmaRose

KarmaRose Members

It depends on what the person is saying about me I guess.

If someone is insulting my looks, probably not if I don't want to lay with you why should I care.

If someone said that I was a bad person, yeah I would care I try to be kind to everyone so that would hurt. I would have to find a way to make it right with him/her, I don't want people to have a negitive experience because of me.

8. bumpy52

bumpy52 Members

Ahh, youngling. As you mature and go through life you'll find that who you really are changes. Who is the real you; the pissed off you who's having a bad day, or the you who minutes ago was enjoying the sunrise?
    You'll find you moderate or change your behavior so you can have relationships with people; doesn't mean you're not being the real you.
    The degree to which you moderate or change yourself to be in relationship with a person or group is what you have to decide.

If you want to just say whatever comes to mind about everything to everybody, you'd better inherit a lot of money or get used to living under a bridge.

I'm guessing that now you have something like purple hair and maybe you're getting a few comments.....? Wait till life gets hard.

9. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Pragmatically speaking, yes (very much in some ways). Viscerally, not so much.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Nah, quite honestly I don't like or respect a lot of people so why should I care if they like me?

And even if I do like and respect someone, its really none of my business how they feel about me.

I'm getting more introverted the older I get, mostly I just hang out at home with my family and occasionally see good friends with whom I share a great love and respect. I just find myself caring less and less about everyone else, the rest of the world is just noise to me. Not that I'm against making new connections or anything, but I'm not out to impress anyone.

Eric! likes this.
  11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

in real life yes

on the interwebs zerofox given....youre all just in my imagination and dont actually exist lol

12. shur-y-not

shur-y-not Members

I use to say no. Then one day I was walking with this girl towards an elderly couple and we let them have the sidewalk by going through the grass. The girl with me tripped and said Oh f*ck! I was embarrassed. So, Yes

That was about 10 years ago.

Eric! likes this.
  13. Twobitgirl

Twobitgirl Members

I honestly don't give a shit what anyone thinks of me. I used to when I was younger but I got tired of caring about it. Too much stress over nothing.

Eric! likes this.
  14. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Only if I respect the person, if I don't respect someone, I don't care what he/she thinks.

Eric! likes this.
  15. Friendly10

Friendly10 Members

No I don't care what people think of me I'm me an that's it. I've made alot of friends an lost some friends in my life
    But i,will always be me.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

atm no. i could give a fuck less :p

17. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I care what Irminsul thinks of me

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

well, we're gonna ride, we're ride, ride like a one eyed jack of diamonds with devil by our side we're gonna ride

19. Friendly10

Friendly10 Members

Couldn't care less what someone thinks of me or about me. Everybody who knows me will till you I'm a nice guy that will go out of my way to help someone out.

20. I don't want people to think I'm a scumbag of course, but generally as a person I could give a rat's ass what people think. I am who I am, just like they are who they are.