Do you bond with your dad?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Aristartle, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Correcto. Curioso.

2. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

ok

3. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

4. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Yeah.

5. babyhellfire

babyhellfire Banned

I LOVE my Daddy,he is crazy, overly insanely generous,funny and stubborn to a fault- almost an over the top character of a person.

He drives me crazy- but I also take a helluva lot after him.

6. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

all the time. My dad is a real softie, and we are close.

7. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

No. He died Thanksgiving Day 1965. I was not quite 3. Outside of the fact that he was a severe alcoholic and abused his wife and step-children, they say he was a pretty good guy. They also say I'm a better person for not having grown up with him. I'll never know.

I bond with my son. We play music, make stuff, have a few beers, yuck it up, I pretend I like football for him. It's a close second to bonding with my dad, but it stands alone. And it is neither replaceable nor negotiable.

Nice job, Allie. You made me cry at 6:50am you beautiful bitch.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

him and i used to road trip everytime he got off work and the two of us had five bux in our pocket between us. i kid you not. he did have gas cards so that helped.

that was back in the 70s though. in the 80s i was living quite a ways away. then i came back down to see him before he died. then he did. that was in the early 90s.

9. Traceroni.

Traceroni. Senior Member

I used to bond with my dad all the time, he taught me a lot over the years. I'm very glad I moved closer to my dad. I visit him all the time now, bring Amber over to hang out with the kids. He's one of the most loving guys I know, he'd fight for any one of his kids any day. He's pretty rough around the edges at first glance, but he's really different on the inside, which is cool.

10. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

yes. with both of my parents.

11. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

the only time I bond with my dad is over guns, horses, liquor and farm machinery....if I had no interest in those things he wouldn't even know I was alive

12. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

We get along.

13. Hilder

Hilder The Ganja Queen

Nope. Hadnt laid eyes on my dad since I was 4. Never had a dad really. Now he's dead.

14. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

I used to when I was young, but anymore I only see him in person once every 2 years or so. I talk to him sometimes on the phone, maybe 3-4 times a year, and I went quite a few years without any contact at all with him while I was a teenager.
    We have a very similar sense of humour, but he is one of those kinds of people who makes nearly everyone laugh with everything he says. The only common interests we have is music, we are both musicians, but have different tastes for the most part. Other than that when I see him we just talk and laugh about everything, I cant say I ever had any interesting conversation with him, but I've had fun hanging out with him a lot growing up.

15. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Hmm bondings an American word :)
    My father’s effectively a foriegner.He can be ultra short tempered and blunt.Whereas I tended to go
    ballistic after sthg more protracted , or if I took sthg literally .So often we didn’t speak at all , for *huge* lengths of time.
    He can be a halfwit , but we get on in lots of ways now.More so , nowadays when I don’t take things literally with him.

16. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

no, i barely remember my dad

17. Waking Life

Waking Life Cool looking idiot

fucking chilling thought, a dead father.

18. *°GhOsT°LyRiC°*

*°GhOsT°LyRiC°* Supporters HipForums Supporter

I love my dad, hes a great man. i visit him at the nursing home as much as i can. hes very kind, silly and goofy. I'm the only daughter that got his blue eyes and blonde hair. :)

19. Mr. Mojo Risin'

Mr. Mojo Risin' Senior Member

No, he's the most shallow person on this planet and is also a total prick 50% of the time.

20. Mr. Mojo Risin'

Mr. Mojo Risin' Senior Member

I smell Electra.