Do you believe that you are saved or that you need saving?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by GreatestIam, Jan 27, 2019.

1. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

True, and I see that you cannot do apologetics for the satanic genocidal son murderer you idol worship.

Regards
    DL

2. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

America is not the only country with news services and I do not see anyone talking up the good points of Islam or Sharia law.

Regards
    DL

3. Yeah, I suppose.

4. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

The western powers became involved after the Soviet Union occupied Afghanistan in 1979. During the previous year, the Afghan communist party overthrew the government and instituted modernizing reforms that were unpopular with rural Afghans like the Pashtuns, from which the Taliban drew support. The harsh repressive measures of the communist government against its opponents triggered a revolt. Perceiving a deteriorating situation, the Soviets moved in and installed a government to their liking. This led the United States to provide aid to rebel groups, including Arab fighters like Bin Laden. This was part and parcel of the Cold War chess game. After the Soviets left, the west found it had a Frankenstein monster on its hands.https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-soviet-union-afghanistan-20190103-story.htm
    The Taliban proceeded to institute a repressive feudal regime that denied rights and education to women, banned music, and drew complaints even from Iran for its puritanical excesses. After 9-11, the Taliban continued to allow Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda to operate training bases in Afghanistan, after repeated warnings to cease and desist. Those are some details that might be relevant in assessing the Taliban and its role, besides the alleged oil pipeline motive..

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    Asmodean likes this.
  5. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

+ 1

I like realists.

Regards
    DL

6. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

What about Saint Gemain? Did he really live for over 700 years and is still giving messages to leaders of your cult?

BlackBillBlake likes this.
  7. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

What is real about your religion? Tell me without you usingtube copy and paste and bible scripture . Let s get to the root of this strange belief you have so I can shred it apart. Tell me in your own words what you believe

Okiefreak and BlackBillBlake like this.
  8. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Don't be stupid.

Regards
    DL

9. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Simply that we do not believe in anything supernatural and recognize that man has created all of his Gods.

What this link speaks of is how we should be seeking God, defined as the best rules and laws to live by, just as the ancient intelligentsia did.

I could adlib what this link says but I prefer to let that intelligent scholar do it as you might give her more credance than what you would give me.

What is God?

Regards
    DL

10. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

So what do you think of Saint Germain?

11. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Your link is to Karen Armstrong, a respected writer who is not a Gnostic and certainly not antagonistic to mainstream Christianity. You simply pick and choose links that sound good and pretend they agree with you. To use the word "we" in conjunction with Karen Armstrong amounts to cultural appropriation. You're right, I give her, but not you, some credence.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  12. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

I do not know him. Did he say anything worth listening to?

Regards
    DL

13. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

LOL. Should I pick what goes against me?

You have been here too long buddy. I knew that years ago when I put you on ignore.

You just want to show off and hear yourself talk.

Regards
    DL

14. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

lol You put me on ignore? Years ago? What happened to that? lol Into projection, are we?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  15. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Grow up.

Regards
    DL