Do you believe that you are saved or that you need saving?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by GreatestIam, Jan 27, 2019.

1. storch

storch banned

What's the definition of "revealed religion"?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  2. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

When young, I went to both catholic and Protestant churches and both sets of collection plates were passed around by hung over people.

If God is to save us from sin, why did he put Satan as Lord over us with the power to deceive all of us?

If God is to save us from the sin of scapegoating, why does the Christian creed force us to use Jesus as our scapegoat?

Regards
    DL

3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

A lot of people require a personification for their beliefs in what is good or bad and religions throughout the world provide that. I simply see 'Satan' as a generic word for evil.
    The church is a slightly different matter and their are numerous cases of where it has been hijacked by people in an attempt to justify conflict and wars.
    Today, we look at the Muslim religion, but a simple look at the history of the UK will make you realize that it is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

GreatestIam and Okiefreak like this.
  4. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that.

GreatestIam likes this.
  5. Alice in SC

Alice in SC Senior Member

I am a Christian and I am a Sinner and I Pray for My Forgiveness of my Sins! Amen!

6. storch

storch banned

. . .

7. storch

storch banned

You are a human. You make mistakes. You are perfectly human. If you believe you need to be forgiven for being human, seek that forgiveness from the one who has condemned you, not a god.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    GreatestIam and Alice in SC like this.
  8. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Better yet, make amends to the people you may have wronged.

GreatestIam likes this.
  9. I've never felt a particular need to be saved, no. I don't really do much wrong. I rarely, if ever, even cast a judgment upon another person. Sometimes I get hurt and lash out, but that's about it. It makes me wonder about all the Christians who feel they really need saving. Are they just so full of evil? They can't stand other people, or what?

10. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

What a shabby piece of propaganda. You say "most religions". Not true. Then "this issue applies to all religions". What issue? The video deals with the sale of indulgences in the sixteenth century and you ask "did you need to pay cash the way religions tell you is required?" What religions today tell us that? You're trying to stir people up about an issue that was settled over four centuries ago. And how do they do it in your cult? Do they take your money to make you think you're God? Does God reward spiritual elitism? When will you tell us about the ascended masters, Saint Germain and the purple flame? Like the ancient mystery religions, the I Am cult offers salvation from reality and mortality by persuading ordinary folks that they can become extraordinary by tapping into the bogus wisdom of the legendary Ascended Masters. Your most ironic line is "I show the poor thinking of religions and their adherents..." Your post is a hodgepodge of "poor thinking", false or misleading statements and muddled ideas contrived to mislead the gullible.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  11. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

I would not argue against your view.

I do not quite agree with your pot and kettle analogy due to the passing of time and the UK amending it's ways while Islam is not amending it's ways at all.

The colonial era was the same in many sense as the use of inquisitions and jihad and the harms that the colonial days brought to nations they claimed as there own have yet to be compensated for.

If you are into that, this speech will highlight what I mean by lingering harm. Not only did I find it informative but this speaker is quite entertaining.

Regards
    DL

wilsjane likes this.
  12. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Who told you that a genocidal son murdering God was a fit enough entity to forgive you?

Why are you not praying to a moral God instead of a satanic God?

Regards
    DL

13. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

She cannot hurt or sin against a God and the first that has a right to forgive is the human victim.

Regards
    DL

14. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

I do not see Christians as full of evil.
    I see all believers in the supernaturally based religions as so full of lies from their lying clergy that they are conditioned to believe the lies even when a more moral Christian preacher tells them the truth.

Have a look at how these Christian people were so conditioned to hate the dreaded others not of their ilk, that they changed church to where they could pamper the lie that they were brainwashed into believing.

Regards
    DL

15. They choose to believe that, though. They choose hate. I just think maybe they're just so naturally judgmental that Christianity works out for them.

16. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

What are tithes if not another form of indulgence?

They are considered synonymous as they are both designed to pick the theists pocket.

Go throw your hissy fit on someone who care? That or lay off the booze.

Regards
    DL

17. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Tithers make up only 10-25 percent of a normal congregation.
    Only 5% of the U.S. tithes, with 80 percent of Americans only giving 2 percent of their income.
    Christians are only giving at 2.5% per capita
    What Would Happen if the Church Tithed?
    You must be confusing Christian churches with your cult. I understand the founders became very wealthy people from the "Love Gifts" of their gullible followers. Christians receive spiritual and social benefits for their contributions, which are voluntary and go to a variety of worthy causes like hospitals, food banks for the poor, etc, as well as maintenance and salaries for church personnel. An indulgence is reduction of the amount of time a believer spends in Purgatory, and carries an explicit quid pro quo. So only someone with a deficient understanding of the English language or a spin doctor trying to misrepresent the facts would equate tithes with indulgences.
    Tsk, tsk. Invective will get you nowhere. Your ad hominum attacks only highlight the intellectual bankruptcy of your case.

Asmodean likes this.
  18. Alice in SC

Alice in SC Senior Member

I did not ask you!

19. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Sadly, we still have problems in the UK today, highlighted by a car bomb last week.
    After Ireland became a republic, it remained Roman Catholic and Northern Ireland ended up with a divided religion. Conflict continued until the last decade, but the real division was purely based on land ownership, jobs and schools. I doubt that the terrorists on either side had ever set foot in a church. A settlement was reached last decade, but now the group loyal to the UK are asking for a fixed border with the republic after brexit and the fuse has been relight.

The same is true in the East. We see the Taliban purely as a group of terrorists living in the caves of Iraq and Afghanistan, but no one ever asks who drove them into the caves in the first place. In reality it was all about sales of oil to the west. America only became involved when the conflicts started to threaten their oil supplies.
    It has nothing to do with the Muslim religion as such.
    Needless to say, the way that it is reported in the west, paints these people as an unapproachable band of terrorists. No one ever asks how western news reporters can visit their highly secretive dugouts, interview these gangs or murderers and then walk out alive.
    We are not told lies by the American media. They simply forget to report on the truth.

20. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

If they were brainwashed the way these kids are, then your word "choose" might not be quite true in the sense you mean.

Regards
    DL