Do you believe that we can manifest certain things into our lives?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by nimh, Jan 9, 2005.

1. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

Sounds kind of like gnosticism. Kind of.

2. ChinaCatSunflower02

ChinaCatSunflower02 Senior Member

3. justsherri

justsherri North Country Grl

I'm not sure but isn't gnostism the religion based just off of finding out what the truth is outside of dogma? I don't know much about it, but I'm interested in learning more.

4. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

How do we explain people like the Bushes and the Cheneys ect getting all the stuff they want? Is it something that will catch up with them later? (I hope so.) Sometimes, it seems so unfair that people like seem to get "everything" they want. I don't mean just money and power, but privlege, good health care, their pick of a mate ect. And there are people who don't have enough to eat. My dh was at the Aldi this morning, and a dude asked him if he would buy him a loaf of bread. Bread, that was all. At Aldi, where you can get bread for, like 39 cents. So, Bear went it, dropped his money on our stuff and got this poor man some bread and bagels and cans of chili and juice ect. I mean, did this man NOT visualize food well enough? He probably needs it more than any of us need tranquility or peace or anything else. The poor dude had no BREAD. I just wonder why some have SO much and others have nothing.

I think some things may be visualized and realized, but others not. Did the people in the Holocaust not visulize getting their familes and thier lives back properly? What about abused kids? Don't they want to not be beaten enough?

I don't know how this all works, but it is NOT ALL in our hands. If so, almost everyone would have almost everything they want. Don't you think?

5. Maggie Sugar

We shouldn't blame those who die. Maybe death is better than what we have here. In that case, the dead person "won." I don't know, but I don't like blaming people when they have hard times in their lives (sorry, I was raised Catholic, I got enough of this Guilt stuff as a kid)Isn't this thought process really close to JudeoChristain thought? (Not that there's anything wrong with that, if it's applied properly. It just messes up when people start classifying others by saying "you weren't good enough to get what you want. So YOU belong to this group. I got what I wanted. I belong to this one.) I agree with Oz. Completely.

Yes, prayers are sometimes answered. Sometimes the answer is no. That doesn't mean you lost. I just don't want people to start keeping score. Or worse, am other way to make a heirarchy or caste system of things.

I've worked with psychotic people. Some of them don't believe they exist. They do. I've cleaned up their shit.

People didn't believe Native Americans or the Gorilla or Dinosaurs existed for many years, but they DID. I just can't beleive that something I simply don't beleive in doesn't exists. I don't beleive in Republicans.......let's see what happens. [​IMG]

6. justsherri

I agree that we do not create our lives %100 with our thoughts, but we do create our perceptions which is equally as powerfull. Being able to acknowledge the wrong doing of another does not mean we have to agree with them or take on thier perceptions as our own. If we think we live in a world where no one cares and we have to constantly watch our back, we may not be manifesting evil done to us, but isnt that fear almost worse than an actually attack? I believe we have free choice but alot our of life circumstances were scripted before we came here. It's how we evlove, by going through stuff. No one is going to plan a perfect life for themselve becuase that gives them nothing to learn. My kids could not learn to walk if I carried them everywhere. I believe conciousness does create matter, but we are each dealing with the things we unconciously and other people unconcious creations as well as our own karmic charts. Who knows mabey that hungry man is actually an angel teaching us to have compassion, or that f-ed up republican is teaching us to stand up for our rights and beliefs. There are a million differant ways we can look at something and at the heart of that, that is true majik.

7. Maggie Sugar

You could be right, sherri. :) You made a lot of good points. Thank you.

8. fylthevoyd

fylthevoyd Super Moderator

very well said sherri....I believe our lives were scripted long before we ever started to live them...but in that same belief...I also feel that we do have a basic control over the path we choose to walk...over wise....we would be nothing more than a puppet.....creating our own destiny,really is nothing more than having the inner knowledge to see the signs which take us to the destiny...which has been pre-destined for our existence...that is why I am always on the search for knowledge...for it is this knowledge which aids us in finding where our path through this world.....our accomplishments are based on the this knowledge found and how we wish to apply this knowledge....to propel us into the future...to hopefully live another day,being the best person we can be...while enduring the conditions which surround us...it is the insite we possess,and how we use that...in order to survive....life is a learning experience....as long as we are learning,we don't become stagant...for once we stagnate..we start the dying process....learning is life,complatency is death...we all hold the keys to life...it is using them which makes us who we are...and directs us through this physical world

9. wode

wode Member

wish to the universe for something you want and it is bound to manifest.

Physically manifest...One of the hostages from terry waites lot envisaged a rose from his garden, the whole plant. It became so real that the other hostages and guards could smell it

wode x x x

10. justsherri

very beutifull, I feel honered to be alowd to share these views with you guys. Thank You!

11. Silent_Lucidity

Silent_Lucidity Member

well growing up my mom always told me you can make anything happen, if you just believe it. and i've always believed in that notion.

12. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

um, sure why not.
    [​IMG]

13. Sugaree13

Sugaree13 Member

to most people i know who practice that is the basis of magick. its more of having faith and praying will bring these things. if you have faith and hope and believe that you will soon have wealth or happiness or whatnot it will eventually happen. it takes time sometimes.

But yes, i do believe that if you believe strongly in something it will effect your life in some way. I'd say take some time to meditate on what is bothering you and see what you can actively do to help. Other than that just pray/believe or whatever is in your faith.

14. Andie Nicole

Andie Nicole Member

Probably, and I'm experimenting with it.

I AM going to grow actual breasts over the summer. ;)