Do you believe that we can manifest certain things into our lives?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by nimh, Jan 9, 2005.

1. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

like if a person believes in something strongly enough, that they can make it happen in reality?

2. Moonfirepheonix

Moonfirepheonix Member

Well Intentions have to create... So whatever we set our intent to, will manifest...
    So if a mass majority of the people intend that the "end times" are coming and that means there shall be an 'anti-christ'... I think they got it, because it has to happen... :) but i like to set my intentions other than that... perhaps create unimaginable beauty and abundance.. yeah thats what im creating..:)

All you have to do is allow it to be.. i think intention is one of the most fundamental keys to the universe...

3. jailmate

jailmate Plantenist

yeh, concentrate, beam in, zone out, kahzaaam, pooof>>>>
    HAIR

4. Marydawn

Marydawn Member

my friend is always super paranoid about getting grabbed and then finally one day there was this guy in the shadows she didn't see and he almost grabbed her but he ran away and I completely believe that it happend because she was so afraid it would.

5. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

okay

what about bringing really good things into your life? like fulfillment, inner peace, happiness, connectedness with the universe, beauty, wealth, love...stuff like that...

and, do you think that a person could pull a specific person into their life, even for a few moments?

a couple of months ago, i ran into a guy that i used to have a thing with a lonnnnnnng time ago. he said that he knew he was going to run into me soon. and we had a conversation that was very important to him. the meeting was totally random and unexpected. he was truly the last person i expected to see that day. do you think that he could have manifested that meeting with me?

6. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Sure, works for me... :D

7. intercityvisionary

intercityvisionary Member

yup....thoughts are energy that is cast out like waves on the cosmic ocean of reality and dreams....sometimes they come back the way we visualize them...sometimes they come back "tweeked" and distrubed sometime they don't come back at all ...and sometime they come back in the next life...

"One can live without smoking cannabis but, why would one want too "......
    Come to the Light side....
    We have good smoke and munchies...

8. PuZuZu

PuZuZu Member

This is why life is so cool. Nooone was born with better ability then other people unless of some sort of body disability. Even then some are great with writing and sharing love. Life is so neutral and random. Its great. Doesn't matter what lifestyle/country/family you are born into, we all have equal abilities and equal self-chances to start something. All you need is a will and some plans. Intentions work for anybody. Its getting there that divides people up.

9. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

i definitely belive in it...hell i work with that power of creation - perhaps not always in the most practical ways, or maybe just in really trivial ways at times....but i love it and have seen it work for me.

10. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I believe you're the only force that affects your life...

You're lifes not going by as you watch it... you're shaping it everyday.

11. Moving_cloud

Moving_cloud Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

What if any experience we have been going through was the result of our believing in it.

What if there are parts of us that are so powerful that they do make it happen in an instant, and most natural way.

What if there is something we truly believe in and wish for to become manifested without the slightest doubt, expectations or fear, so that it comes true in front of us all the time ... yet beyond all pursuit of things just reflects the real self.

And what if this real self does believe in us as strongly ... so that we may happen to it without cease as well.

What if there is an abundance of experience and we just love it ...

[font=&quot](geez and what if it is all just an abundance of brainwaves ... :) )
    [/font]

12. dmm1673

dmm1673 Member

I would suggest reading the Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield if you are interested in this. It's an excellent book which touches on that exact theme.

13. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

i loved the celestine prophecy. :D

14. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

haha i have to stop myself from referring this book (i do it all the time)...it is really good and i have enjoyed the sequel too...there is a movie coming out apparantly sometimes this yr

15. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

from what i remember of the celestine prophecy, it was more of a generalized thing, not specific at all. it was about paying attention to synchronicities and listening to what the universe is trying to say... being open to energies and giving energy to people and animals, and plants, etc, finding the true path, the right way for one's self by paying attention to energies and going with the higher energy path. that's all well and good, and i've incorporated all of that, and do it without even thinking about it anymore. well, mostly.

what i'm talking about with manifesting is a bit more specific. i'm talking about making a mental image of something that isnt and willing it to exist.

16. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

this reminds me of something that i just read by richard bach. :D yeah....

17. shiva777

shiva777 Member

Definitely! But there are some key components that many miss:

1) The visualization MUST be fueled with emotion. Faith and gratitude work excellently.

2) The visualization should be repeated *regularly*. Repetition is very important to implant it in the subconscious mind (alternately you could use "sleight of mind" techniques favored by sorcery/chaos magick practitioners)

There are more important components but these are the most important.

The best books I've read on the subject are:

Think and Grow Rich
    The Science of Getting Rich (available free online)

Both of these are captialist oriented but the principles in these books can be used for any goal. They really work! I have been working with them for about 8 months now and I am astounded at the results.

-shiva

18. yemforbin

yemforbin Member

i would recommend you see the movie "what the $%^& do we know anyway?"
    there's a large part of it that talks about the possiblities of this very idea.

19. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

20. HippieInMyHead

HippieInMyHead Member

I'm not a hippie, I just hang around hippies cause I like to play drums. I met a woman from these forums one night, over a year ago, while at a drum circle. I fell in love with her. I'm in love with her to this day. She says that she loves me and I know that she does. She told me that she asked the universe to bring her a man. Then she asked the universe to give her a sign that I was the one it had sent.
    I remember the sign appearing and making her cry, however, I don't remember how she knew that it was the sign that she'd asked for, but I remember there was a good reason why she knew it was the sign. This weekend we're going to see each other again at the Ocala Rainbow Vision Council, after having spent months apart. I'm very excited. I only hope that our attraction is strong enough this time, so that we'll never be apart again.

She says all of the time that she manifested me.