do you believe life is an illusion?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by The Instinct, Jan 14, 2014.

1. The Instinct

The Instinct Member

you are right! i do not know why a poll was not included with this post when i did it nearly 3 years ago now! sorry!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It's the matrix bro nothing is real.

:D

Get. The. Fuck. Outta. Here.

Start living life, stop reading into dumb shit like this. :D if you're really reading into this then yeah your probably right to be honest, your life is an illusion, but only to your dillusional self.

1 person likes this.
  3. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

I believe reality is mathematics. How we perceive reality is only one of an array of possible ways to interpret the many signals our brain use to make sense of the reality we are immersed in.

4. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

How Kantian of you.

5. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

6. 6 * Wanted Level

6 * Wanted Level Members

I refuse to believe it is or isn't. I can't be sure either way, and it seems to me a 50/50 chance.

7. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Yes - "a Sweet one"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_rkUpZ66U8

8. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Life is bound to be an illusion if you think or make yourself believe that it is permanent. If you accept the fact of impermanence in everything, then life ceases to be an illusion.

The only thing that you will find to be unchanging is the witness state of 'I am' or the state of Awareness.

9. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

I find it interesting that we see our life moments flash before our eyes before dying. What significance is this? A preparation for where we are going?
    There are so many belief systems out there, I like something of most all of them. The fact is, we won't really know until we get there. So we should do our best to be what we can be while we're here.
    Live like we want, with harm to none other than in self defense. Love is real! It beats all other actions and emotions.

10. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

No, it's still a fantasy.

11. Perfect Disorder

Perfect Disorder Paradoxically Spontaneous

Reality simply is. Our perceptions of life, such as all the various ideas espoused here are the "illusions". We determine life as we desire it to be. When asked if the burner is hot you determine it to be so on the basis of two ideas. The first is your desire to limit yourself by your perceptions. The second is the acceptance of the similar limitations of those around you. This is a rather simplistic view upon the defining of Self but is simplicity not just acknowledgment of what is? We could continue upon the track of complexity and ask questions about the nature of this illusory creation and it's molding if it is so desired.

12. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

The Pale Buddha is famous for saying, "The past is only a memory, the future is only a dream" but life as we know it would be impossible without both memories and dreams. Reality without dreams is just someone's nightmare, while dreams without reality are a fantasy ensuring reality always catches up to us in our dreams and, likewise, our dreams and nightmares always catch up with reality. Stay awake long enough and you'll hallucinate because reality and dreams are like up and down, back and front, and can't ultimately be distinguished from one another in a metaphorical universe. In order to express our reality and dreams formally my poetry extrapolates Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs into a broader Rainbow Spectrum of Needs and Desires incorporating the metaphoric emotional-logic of Intuitionistic mathematics that can describe everything that exists as displaying both social and anti-social, organic and mechanical, behavior.

13. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

Two people were out looking at the night sky. One person sees two moons in the sky, the second person sees three moons in the sky, and they begin to argue. Then a third person comes walking by and the two stop him. "Please, will you settle this for us? Are there two moons or three moons in the sky?" The stranger replies "Sorry, I am not from around here."

14. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

to quote the beginning of a live online performance by the cali-band Fuzz. The drummer said " Free energy is real! You are us, we are you, You are me, I am you. You are us, We are them. They're Coming..."

15. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Of course life is an illusion.
    However, I still recommend looking twice before crossing the street, just in case an illusory dump truck is coming your way.

mysticblu21 likes this.