Do you believe in UFO's? Flying Saucers? Aliens?

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Gangster19, Oct 10, 2020.

?

Do You Believe Aliens from Other Planets, Exist?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Maybe

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

No, I guess I should. I will buy it. x

Oh, keep me away from Roulette. x

stormountainman likes this.
  2. MrJingles

MrJingles Members

No, because such sightings are usually specific to the time and culture in which such things were apparently seen...if their was more consistency it would be much more believable.

3. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

You can read the entire thing online for free. You can buy it if you wish. There are other "Forgotten" gospels online too. Google THE BOOK OF THE WATCHERS. In The Gilgamesh story the scribe was describing him and tells about how tall he was and would take any woman he wanted from the town in Mesopotamia and the tells that he was as strong as a ......man. I think the missing word from that passage was STAR .... as strong as a star man. The Bible told of the Nephilim Giants and maybe Gilgamesh was one of them?

Candy Gal likes this.
  4. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Thank you x

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i believe in the unknown owing nothing to what people tell each other to pretend, and yes that includes christians and their bible, and being thus instead, unlimited in its diversity.
    also the absolute proof is a mythical beast. there is only more or less evidence for one side or another. (and there are billions of 'sides', not merely one or two)
    there are billions of solar systems other then our own. most have at least one close enough to earth like planet. thus inconceivable that everything sapient would look like human,
    likewise that our species alone would be the reason everything else exists.
    if you want belief, i believe there is a galactic council, which humans have yet to become mature enough to be sponsored for membership.
    and yes, perhaps some day we can. and of course not everything is good. or bad. but rather more diverse then any of us ever have, can or are likely to imagine.
    and there is more to be known, then even all of the different kinds of people on all the billions of worlds have the capacity to encompass.
    beliefs really don't relate. not to physical objects. to non-physical objects, should there be such things, even those exist or they don't.
    we can tell stories, and that can be fun. but somehow people need to remember, that everything that is not us, is not in any way bound by or to, what is in the stories we tell.

6. stormountainman

I gave this some pondering, and must add that many scientists think life evolves in similar ways; that is, trees grow when they have water and sun, so does grass. Animals all over earth have similar eyes, breathing mechanism, ears, so on. A Hippo and a Monkey both have ears and toes. So, if an alien being comes to earth in a space ship, I'm thinking he must have the ability to navigate, ability to manipulate buttons, switches, and joy stick in that flying saucer. That means he would have fingers like us, maybe? Scientists say animals like monkeys and raccoons have thumbs that are like ours and consequently are able to open trash cans, doors, and food containers. I for one would not be surprised if aliens from another solar system turn out to be much like us. The Book Of Enoch says the Sons of Heaven copulated with The Daughters of Man! That means they had similar weenies, don't you think?

Drager1 likes this.
  7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Galactic Trash Pandas...

846e36f14ebc6bf18e7e01981d2e7ed3.jpg

themnax likes this.
  8. stormountainman

They look like they are up to something?

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

There was an insurance company in Florida that was providing limited or comprehensive alien abduction insurance, as well as reincarnation insurance, asteroid impact insurance,
    and even insurance for anyone who stormed Area 51 and didn’t make it out alive.

[​IMG]

Eric! likes this.
  10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

no two worlds have entirely the same environments to evolve in, and there is not one other, but billions of them. some things are basic though, some sort of sensory input, a processing nexus to host awareness, and manipulatory appendiges of some sort. but no, there's no reason to expect each to take visually recognizable forms. generally though, yes, life forms are generally recognizable as being life forms. and of course it does take manipulator appendages to build anything complex. interestingly enough, most life forms on our own world DO build things, and some of them quite complex, though by more simple means.
    i believe the one thing that distinguishes sapiens is the desire to creatively express a personal aesthetic. really the only thing that observably distinguishes ourselves from the sentient but less sapient life forms who share our world.
    i wouldn't be too surprised by sapients from one world, for example resembling cats, and from another red pandas, limurs, or even "dragons".
    every world, one to a solar system on average, each evolving uniquely their own physical forms.
    what might not be so obvious is recognizing what is intentionally a form of artistic expression.
    but rest assured, if a species is sapient, it will have created them. doing so is intrinsic to how sentience becomes sapience.
    language is a part of this, but it too need not partake of recognizable forms, though it does seem likely, and thus potentially translatable.
    the part humans are still having a hard time to grasp, is the other is almost never just one thing, but instead, each world as unique from every other world as each is from our own.

stormountainman and Eric! like this.
  11. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

And you know people bought it- JUST IN CASE, BECAUSE YOU NEVER, NEVER KNOW:D:D:D!!

12. Eric!

Hell, people are “buying stars and having them named after them” - now that’s some innovative capitalism. Dumbasses......

13. stormountainman

I agree with you on that. I also think that life in other solar systems just might develop and evolve in a similar way to our world if they have fresh water like we do and oxygen to breath like we do. After millions of years they might develop into similar being with self interest like us and survival skills like we have. To operate a space ship which travels far and fast enough to come and visit us would require some keen minds to build it and some fine fingers to operate it. Their life span might allow them to live long enough to make the journey. Read up on what the Bible says about the life span of the first descendants of ADAM. I'm thinking the first scribes intentionally wrote that so you and I might ponder it. The same is in The BOOK OF ENOCH. Enoch is said to have travelled with the space people to their planet and returned after 65 years. Why would such a story be in a book of religion written 5000 years ago? The story also says he NEVER DIED. People in the Middle East understand that to mean HE WAS NEVER BURIED in the Hebrew/Semite/Muslim tradition. And the story says he was taken back with them to their world and never returned. ENOCH did not pass away on this planet. That's why he was not buried. I am also intrigued by the part of the ENOCH story where he tells the space men (The Watchers) taught him and his people the use and keeping of the 30 day calendar, the extracting of medicine from plants, and the making of weapons. Enoch was a smart man and he did write these things down. He made it clear that THE WATCHERS did not come from the East, West, North, or the South. He made it clear they did not come from the Sea. He did make it clear that they came from the sky. He did give some of their names. He told that they had a meeting of sorts between themselves to decide on taking human women for themselves. It's a very interesting read. And if you do read it, keep in mind this happened before the Great Flood. It's older than the Bible.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

your bible is not an encyclopedia. it was not written by gods. it was not written about physical things, though it used them as an example. other worlds and people living on them are physical things. granted the forces that move ships and planets are not something you can hold in your hand. but this is a thread about physical things, not mystical implications.

yes i've read the silly thing. (multiple times, from cover to cover, like the book that it is, not as a collection of one liners, nor as a text book for chemistry or algibra, or even biology or psycology)
    it was written by humans who can say anything, just as can everyone living now, nor does the universe we live in, owe anything to our doing so.

what eludes me is why anyone would go on about it in relation to the subject at hand.
    god or gods, should they choose to exist, owe nothing to our doing so either.

people who live on worlds circling other suns, are just effing people, not gods, not demons, just people who look enough different from ourselves,
    to not guarantee we would even recognize them as even life forms, if/when we ever see them.

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

it is also as likely as not, that people on other worlds have written each their own "bibles" just a humans on earth, and not a god or gods, have written theirs.

16. hotwater

So far they've only made one pay-out.

I'm not sure of the circumstances surrounding the case but it would be worth researching.....

17. Eric!

Payout for what, an alien abduction?

18. hotwater

Not sure, but if they sold any asteroid impact policies in Vermont recently, they may have to pay-out...lol...

Nice little firework': Suspected asteroid rattles buildings, makes fireball above Vermont

A suspected asteroid streaked though the skies over northern Vermont on Sunday, moving so fast and creating so much force that it rattled buildings on the ground, according to NASA.

The "fireball" was spotted by hundreds of sky-watchers around 5:38 p.m., NASA said on Facebook. It first appeared at 52 miles above Mount Mansfield State Forest before traveling 33 miles through the upper atmosphere and burning up 33 miles above Orleans County.

Commenters on NASA's Facebook posts — from Vermont, New Hampshire and on the Canadian side of the border in Quebec — described hearing a "rumble" or "sonic boom" at the time the fireball was shooting through the sky. Some even said their houses shook during the incident.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    stormountainman and Eric! like this.
  19. stormountainman

Well that's just the point. Most of it is about true actual physical life and true actual physical places in the Middle East. The Bible is a written history of the Middle Eastern people. Yes, it is mixed with metaphoric speech; but, we need to be tolerant, because it is a couple of thousand years old. I am not a religious person. I am very interested in the actual historic information. I have visited most of the places mentioned in the Bible. And while we are at it, The Book of Enoch was excluded from the Bible back about 1700 years ago. Some powerful men did not want talk of spacemen. The Muslims elected to keep that history in the Koran. Ezekiel was a real person. I can take you right to his grave. It's not far from the Khyber River in Iraq, where he claimed he saw the UFO and got a ride on it. I'm not trying to sell anything here. I am only asking, "How could a man 3000 years ago know that earth is a blue ball surrounded by black, unless he did see that?"

Witoutit, Drager1 and granite45 like this.
  20. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

They did have some really good drugs back in the day...