Do you believe in the mark of a man being the cut of time?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by bourne1978, Jun 13, 2018.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

My favorite number is e, which is the the limit of (1 + 1/n)^n as n approaches infinity (approximately 2.71828) .

Btw, e^πi=-1, which kind of freaks me out.

themnax likes this.
  2. 6 is the number of legs on an insect. So 666 = 18, which equals nine, which equals a spider with a unicorn horn, which is the symbol of the Beast.

Orison and tumbling.dice like this.
  3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

No but it makes for a hell of a story

McFuddy likes this.
  4. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh, ok, thank you.

5. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

I was super excited when I first started reading this post because i was like, oh look something that i have never heard of then I was just like...uhm, what...

sorry, what what?

6. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

That is a real coincidence because, 616 is the birthmark I have----right on the top of my head near my left horn.

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

24 is the best number.

8. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

OK, all joking aside:

This is actually an interesting coincidence because about 10 or 12 years ago there was a page, or a few pages of a Coptic Bible discovered in Egypt from quite a few years ago----maybe the 10th Century or so. It used the number 616 instead of 666. At the time I thought----look at that, Christians don't even have the number right. I also wondered if that had something to do with why the number 13 is bad luck.

I don't buy into any of that anti-christ, and Satan stuff, but anyway, there you are.

9. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

The gematria of emperor Nero in Hebrew is 666. In Latin it's 616.

10. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No, it is not....lol
    18 is!:smiley:

I like the number 4...as I like the word for....It feels like a hug.....I like the word for better than the word to.
    As far as the the numbers go....I think it is all personal asscociations with them.
    For instance my mother hated the number 11......but that is because a bad thing happened to her in her opinion on the 11th of a month once...and her grandmother always threatened her with the saying..."The 11th hour is almost here..."

I think it is the same of all numbers...and personal associations with them.

I do like 8's, 1's 4's.....but I don't care for the other numbers as much, and don't have much feeling for them........again bad associations the last 10 years or so for me on the internet.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i believe a number is just a number, and playing numerology games with it isn't going to give anyone the magic god wand of absolute power.

if you want a number that means anything, look at mathematical constants. none of them are nice and even though. they're all totally wierd.
    what's a mathematical constant. its a number that always represents a relationship in an equation, whatever real world values are plugged into it.
    pi is an obvoius example. no matter how big or small the circle, the relationship between its radius and circumference is always that same very weird number.
    little c that everyone calls the speed of light, is actually the relationship between mass and energy. plank's constant is another, along with avagadro's.

there's not much numerillogical bs you can do with them though. i mean you could apply it. go ahead. i'll make popcorn.

now there is real strangeness. nothing to stop anything from existing, and that includes the completely nonphysical.

mathematical constants being inconveniently wierd ass numbers, is nature's way of reminding us, the real universe owes nothing to our fantasies of simplicity.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

beasts are (mostly) harmless.

(the only "beasts" i know anything about are little furry creatures, some of whom also have big sharp teeth.
    they're still cute and mostly harmless compared to anything human)

the desire to be feared is not.

(you can have all your gods and churches, they're yours.
    i prefer the company of trees, trains, computers and little furry creatures,
    to humans who harass and even kill each other,
    for refusing to hate logic or pretend the same things as they want to)

all this mumbo jumbo is to make people afraid to see with their own logic,
    or love the sacredness of strangeness.

so you're not supposed to like snakes, spiders or unicorns?
    well i wouldn't go around picking them up,

but seriously, nothing that exists or even might,
    owes a damd thing to what anyone tells anyone else,
    to pretend they know about it.

four to me is a rectangle. hard with sharp corners and not very hugable at all.
    and all the gold in the world won't make them pretty either.

now two is ok. two is green, which is a color i like. four is brown, which is also a cool color. green and brown go well together.
    orange is 3, 6, and nine to verying degrees, 3 being a complete yellow and 6 pumpkin. 9 is gold.
    anyway orange goes well with green and brown too.

nothing wrong with 9 sided houses either. or curved walls and organic shapes.

i still don't get why fascists have such an obsession with masterbating numbers.