Do you believe in reincarnation?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by interval_illusion, Jan 11, 2005.

1. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

I do. Quite strongly, though I have no memories of any past lives myself, and I couldn't say I am sure of reincarnation being a reality. I just find it to be the best answer to many questions I have not yet gotten a better answer to.

2. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

You almost answered your own question.

Hint:
    Rethink your first paragraph...*g*

3. makno

makno Senior Member

durring my former life i didnt believe in reincarnation.....but in this one , i do believe it !

4. Spinor

Spinor Member

Reincarnation of some form is reasonably obvious.
    The details are more problematic.

5. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

The details really do not matter. It's understanding the principle behind it. (although the details can not hurt, as far as i know...)

6. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I do not believe in reincarnation as in present or future lifes, since I tend to believe that all there ever is, was and will be is the present.
    I most certainly do not believe in being reincarnated as a human being again.
    There are way too many lifeforms, molecules, space, energy and other variables to even have a little chance to become human again.
    You would more likely win the lottery, get hit by lighting and die in a unicycle accident in the sahara on the same day.

7. interval_illusion

Bird, you do have a point...

even though i do believe in "reincarnation", i do not believe every "person" is reincarnated in the sense of a human...

i do believe that it never ends and that we are all one and that we are ever-connected... and by that, i do mean, ALL ENERGY.

but i do think reincartion happens in human bodies....how much...? im really not sure yet.

8. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Being reincarnated into another human body is a comforting thought for many people.
    I mean, who would want to become a bacterial or amoebic being in a 'next' lifetime?

9. interval_illusion

Well, Bird, you are right...

but to me... that doesnt matter. It's just the way it is.

I believe in many "lives" but you know... it's all gonna be the way it is.

I dont think we ever "die" though.

10. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Then what happens when your heart stops beating?
    In our human form we most certainly die, on another level we might never 'die'.
    But then again, there might not be another level.

11. interval_illusion

100 percent correct but i really dont think that... altho- who am i to say? that's why it's called a "believe". :) but that's not what i think.

12. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Yup, it is just a believe.
    People need to believe something to feel a little less empty and useless.
    Heck, some people even like to think they are important.

13. interval_illusion

haha....well, it is a blow to the ego to understand that we are nothing more then the animals...

espiecially in certain ways that some families can bring up people... it's really all speculation.

but i do feel there is something and i have believed that "we are all one" for a while and i do believe that when we die physically that we go "some where"- where? i dont know... but i believe we go some where.

my night terrors as a child make me "believe" i was a human in another life but no, i dont know. ... just a believe.

but we are really just energy... whether their is a meaning or not, we do not know. but it is okay. we are either everything, nothing, or both... but it doesnt much matter. :)

14. Spinor

Spinor Member

Both birth and death are, in a sense, reflections across a hyperplane of unknown dimensions, there is an innate symmetry relation between the two events.

The abstract process of 'reflection' is closely related to 'self-reference' or 'self-replication'....as the sex act itself is one of 'self reference' or 'self replication'.

Ordinary isomorphic reflections of arbitrary and perhaps unknown numbers of dimensions have an 'object' and a 'reflection'....and since the symmetry relation is across all dimensions and an infinite number of recursions, there is always an arbitrary reference which can be found which is itself both an 'object' and a 'reflection'...depends only on your preferred frame of reference.

Thus....reincarnation might be understood as simply a way of describing these symmetry and reflective relationships.

But, again, locating and explicidly identifying the characteristics of any specific reflective 'object' or 'reflection' in this hierarchy is difficult.

15. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Can you try saying that again in easier-to-understand language for the people amongst us who use less of their brain capacity?

16. interval_illusion

there is no way to really know. i just dont think there really is any way.

when we "die"- we dont die. (of course, we do)- but yeah, i think sometimes, we come back "here"- sometimes we dont.... who knows how many dimesions there are here? who knows what we have to learn?

collective conscious, is key, i think... altho, i really dont know and i dont pretend to know, like some people have....

(although i do feel some things... i cant always express them well, and maybe there is a reason for that...)

17. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

‘In the presence of eternity, the mountains are as transient as the clouds.’ Ingersoll

'There is no death, only a change of worlds.' Chief Seattle

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
    Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

“Dead is dead.” Gertude B. Stein

18. Spinor

Spinor Member

There are a large number of broad notions, on a variety of subjects, which have been monopolized, and often pummeled, by many popular knowledge systems and theologies.

Many of these notions WILL yield to critcal thinking and mathematics and do not require 'faith' as it were, although the notion of 'faith' itself remains prominent, or at least tangential, in most efforts to objectify these notions.

As well, the abstract arithmetic constructs involved are messy and still unmanageable.

19. interval_illusion

yeah, it's still unknown and i guess i underexistamated or explained on here... i KNOW that there is more. what is is.. i really dont think it's scary. if, as bird said, i come back as bacteria...well, that isnt scary to me. it's all in a MUCH broader scope. we reallly arent what we seem to be or think we are now. we just think we are....

20. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter