Do you believe in magic?

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by teh tripster, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Perfect Disorder

Perfect Disorder Paradoxically Spontaneous

My wife is a pagan and to some extent my conceptualization of magic arose from her. I believe magic to simply be will made manifest. I also believe that all of perceived reality is a form of the same. Take from that what you will

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I own a book, hand written. The only one in the whole damn midden. Black leather bindings, ancient, all them other replicas ain't shit. It smells of death with a hint of garlic, I dropped it once and it blood stained my carpet. It talked to me as I turn the pages and everyone that's owned died uncourageous. Taught me how to bend a spoon with my mind and now I can twist the head off a spine. I throw knives that don't really exist but yet they cut a body up into kibbles and bits!

They call me Cryptic Hoodoo, doomed in time and when I die you can summon me through these rhymes. I craft a quick spell and make a promise or two and in return, they grant me the power of HOODOO

I'm powerful now, I be the same in death. Spirits have passed through my icy breath. Talk about wicked shit, I'm neck deep in it. The book taught me well and I can use it any minute. I might play games, massage your brains right before you're just a pile of remains. Take your soul into dimentia and leave you there the worst place you could be I feed of your fear. I jump through portals any time I please and I keep jars full of eyeballs that attract flies and bees. I hex alone, rattling bones, playing my skin drums, until I'm no longer alone...

They call me Cryptic Hoodoo, doomed in time and when I die you can summon me through these rhymes. I deal with dead and make a promise or two, in return, they grant me the power of HOODOO!!

3. zengizmo

zengizmo Ignorant Slut HipForums Supporter

And all kidding aside, this is what I see also, Mothman.

We are ALL magicians...but not all of us are able to see the magic we are accomplishing.

Here is a drawing that illustrates this concept:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. zengizmo

We create our reality by what we focus our attention on...see...

If we focus on being fucked up and having problems...then our magical inner selves create this reality for us.

If we focus on what we most desire to accomplish in life and on love and connections with other people...then...

Yeah. Guess wut? ;)

The hard thing to grasp is not that magic exists...the hard thing to grasp is how to discipline our minds to move toward Heaven rather than Hell.

This is the Great Stumbling Block, folk. Discipline. The understanding and will to bring our personal shit under control to the extent that we can accomplish something positive rather than something negative. This shit can take a lifetime to accomplish.

5. zengizmo

Usually multiple lifetimes, in point of fact.

6. storch

storch banned

Expectation is the source of all woe and all joy. Expectation is a magnet.

1 person likes this.
  7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the universal wonder of strangeness is magic and very real.

doesn't really depend on how you think of it.

how people do think of it creates inconsistancies and unreliabilities though.

"meta" anything is culture dependent, while the universe we live in, at least the physical universe, isn't.

magic begins where we stop trying to pretend to know what isn't known.

egos and beliefs and all sorts of things get in the way of experiencing it.

but they don't cause it to not be there. what they cause is for us to ignore things.

and of course when we ignore things, because we 'know' different, then of course we don't see them.

now gods and demons and spirits, there are things there, but all these names we make up for them,
    have nothing to do with what's actually there themselves, nor do any of the things that go with all those names that we think we know.

that's where people really mess themselves and their minds up.
    even, or even especially, if they believe implicitly what they've been taught and think everyone else does.

but if you set aside all that, that filters how and what you see,
    tell your ego to be quiet in other words,
    and just recognize that we don't know what we don't know,
    then what is still there, is this kind of universal wonder of strangeness.

8. Lady Shadow

Lady Shadow Art is But a Shadow of the Divine Perfection

I believe there are forces out there we don't understand. I believe in "magick" and the unknown. Don't know how much of it I believe is actual "spell casting" or just the power of the :will of the mind" You can almost will almost anything into fruition. *Wills myself a million dollars* Well except that. *Pouts*

scratcho likes this.
  9. SuperestNova

SuperestNova Members

Magic is thought manifested into reality. If you constantly think about a Turkey sandwich you are left with few options. You can either chant or do some ritual to manifest it or you could just make/buy one. Frankly I would choose the latter everytime. The first options might take you billions of years to accomplish. Infinite time and space anything is possible

themnax likes this.
  10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I read curses and throw wild hexes and I leave yo nutsack, bigger den Texas!

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i believe in the unknown owing nothing to what people tell each other. there is a kind of magic in that.
    more often and less often is science, but never and always i take with a very large grain of salt.

oh, you need to be careful with those badershatch versus, especially if you're wearing a magical pointy hat and looking through a seven day disapearer.

when i'm feeling a particular way i can't describe, and elsewhere in the area, well i won't reveal what i suspect, but we just a wonderful mini-hailing rain it the middle of a predicted heat wave.
    i don't live heatwaves. and i know, these things aren't up to me alone, i only dream and suggest. sometimes though, they then happen.

if you try to take credit, or if i do, it jinxes ones own persuasive influence, i suspect that's why people try to drag gods into it, or the idea that forces involved are somehow self aware.
    the need for everything unseen to be self aware, is not the kind of magic i believe in, but that things happen, things can happen, that follow a thought or a perspective,
    that seams to lack obvious physical bases, well, its timing, and physical reason or not, or where it is under the hill of probability, well that kind of magic does happen.

12. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

It's called creative visualization . We all do it . For good , for bad , consciously , unconsciously .

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

you only have to believe in it to control it, which you never entirely do anyway.
    ritually you can manipulate probability to a degree, but usually only within that bell shaped hill it lives under.
    but because the unknown is unknown, you never know all the connections you may have to it as well.

so yes there is magic of a sort, just less reliable then more physical means when these are available.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i believe in the magic of the unknown being unknown and preventing nothing by being unknown.
    i believe in the magic of anti-gravity and faster then light, and even transportation and other mechanical things being powered and propelled by non-physical means.
    so that things can happen in stories without having to be justified by what is known in our physical world.

perhaps all of the non-magical has a bit of magic in it too.
    i believe the mistake people make is having to pretend all the same things, that everything that isn't physical and known would have to be the same things as each other.
    the real magic is that the unknown owes nothing to any any of that.
    even the totally physical has more diversity then what people tell each other.

science is real, but it doesn't tell people to hate what they don't know, nor that anything can't exist because they don't,
    only that what it finds is more reliable then most of what we've come up with without it.

cold iron is not the enemy of magic, unless it has a sharp edge or a bludgeoning mass used to enforce people to pretend the same things.
    infrastructure technologies are not enemies of magic at all, when they respect the diversity of nature and the dependence of life on it.

if there is one enemy of magic, i would think it to be the kind of absolutism found in many brand name flavors of belief.
    the most common and prevalent ones included and especially.

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the spirit or parallel or whatever it is universe that i'm in when i'm asleep, is nothing at all like what christianity, islam, or any of the other named flavors of belief i know anything about says it is, and more like what this world would be like if every major historical decision had be based on logic in the service of universal consideration instead of political expedience of the materially fortunate relatively few. example being places keeping their earliest, often descriptive of their ancient landscapes, or humor related to them names, instead of being renamed after dead politicians or other infamous humans. people not all or even mostly humans and none obsessed with symbolic value nor the species human. there is just really everything very different from what people tell each other to think they're seeing it as. the land is what i notice mostly, and how people build with it instead of against it. there's plenty of way advanced technology too, but again not indifferent or disrespectful of the landscape its nature and diversity. no wide expanses of pavement. a few roads, narrow and not so many, and other technologies mostly taking their place. cities being rare, and mostly compact, and yet villages of villages being their nature, and none without libraries, universities and odd little restaurants.

magic? some things that work only in dreams, finding the results of those dreams in the waking world. rituals that work by statistics and association rather then anything to do with personalities. magic that's not anything like it is in known beliefs nor in role playing games. magic like hidden places in the woods where dream stuff kind of works without being completely asleep. so yah. THAT kind of magic.

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

simply not denying the reality of the diversity of the possible, is a kind of magic all by itself.
    doesn't mean we don't have individual limitations, but rather the universe we live in, might very well not.

17. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

The title was annoying me .

So I corrected the spelling . I hope nobody minds ? :)

18. Christopher McCullough

Christopher McCullough Members

Well I know for a fact that the Violet Flame exists. If your a healer you may experience this at some point.
    If you dont know about it, its a gift from God allowing the user to transforms negative energy into positive energy.
    I noticed the purple flame when meditating.

If you want further proof, Saint Germain had the ability as well.
    https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/saint-germain-mystery-of-the-violet-flame

19. Theactualmostfallen

Theactualmostfallen Members

Anyone still on this wave?

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i believe in the existence of possibilities we have yet to discover the means to create physically.
    i also believe in psionics, though it being very flaky and unreliable generally.
    i don't believe in either of these being entirely dependent on personalities and identities though.
    only basically that the unknown being unknown prevents nothing as will as requiring none.
    and that some things that happen more often then others are generally more reliable.
    odd things do happen, and we need not know or even imagine their cause to do so.
    commonly held beliefs, are NOT however an explanation nor reason for their doing so either.