Do you believe in magic?

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by teh tripster, Jun 17, 2011.

1. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

As one of Pagan Faith I have belief in the wonder (and indeed danger) that Magic can produce - It is a powerful elemental force.

The performing of rites I conduct on particular days of calendar to acknowledge and thank - the times I need help, support and guidance I am particular upon, use sparingly for myself, though for others I am quite easy with the concept, for to aid and assist another - for righteous reason can/should not be seen as selfishness.

The road on which we travel upon is one that can be enhanced with the correct dosage of spiritual charm - though those that perform it correctly are those who respect the aura, and give thanks to the good firtune whilst accepting the consequences that natures balance will deem necessary -
    Though to out it a nutshell - Life is, I feel, A

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnrsqf33MXA

And as I used to tell my girls and now my Grandaughter
    "Once you stop believing, then you lose the Magic"
    :)

2. zengizmo

zengizmo Ignorant Slut HipForums Supporter

Thank you, windy. Thank you, dormouse.

So a major part of my spiritual lessons in this life are designed to teach me to apply the words of Jesus - to love my enemy. Test after test after test after test...I think it might be starting to sink in a bit...finally...

3. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Zen, I personally find that love your enemy AND to completely, totally forgive (and forget?) to be the hardest things ever.
    That is why it is easier (for me) to just be a hermit. haha

4. dormouse

dormouse Member

this seems to be a spirtitual lesson for me too. though not manifesting in the same way.

my relationship with my imaginary friends has become quite adverserial so i'm in conflict with my selves all the time. i'm my own worst enemy and i have no choice but to Love my selves. aaaarrrrgggh! too funny!

how are good are you at forgiving your self?

5. Mothman

Mothman Senior Member

Not always easy to rise above an offense from another. Especially if you have the same sense of justice that I do. Refusing to accept that curse energy into yourself becomes easier with forgiveness in your arsenal. It's just not always the first weapon we reach for.

@ Lynn, It does seem like we are destined to lose to the wolves by default if we walk the path of love and forgiveness and that they will use it to their advantage.

@ mouse, I have wrestled with self forgiveness in the mental realm also but found that it is pointless to hold on to guilt. It stunts our growth and renders us spiritually useless. No matter who we hold ourselves accountable to, I strongly feel that none wants to prevent our progress.

6. dormouse

dormouse Member

my Circumstance is a bit odd. my selves (imaginary friends) are all male and i'm female so there's this battle going on in the context of the male/female interplay. i have to forgive them for being "typical men" and Love them anyway even though they can be total assholes.

We get along fine when We're androgynous. lol

7. zengizmo

Yeah well, I find I run into plenty of interpersonal drama just within the Internet realm. If they want to track you down and give you lessons, they will find a way... ;)

Yes, my spirit guide Deanna is an adversary in my mind much of the time. I have full-out screaming fits with her sometimes. Other times she is the epitome of love and light. This morning it occurred to me that part of my spiritual training is to stop the screaming fits and love her even when she's messing with me. I might die before I can accomplish that...

Excellent question, dormouse. Not very good. And that's a problem. Interestingly, the whole basis of the Christian faith is unconditional forgiveness from God. Cuz accepting forgiveness for what we are is important in having inner peace, and having inner peace is important for so many other things.

I try to tell myself: There is nobody being attacked, because my sense of identity and separation from the universe is an illusion. I'm slowly improving...but I have lots of relapses.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i believe in a reality who's nature is diversity and is not limited by or to what anyone thinks they know about it.

magic is one of those kinds of words that what one person means by it might be close to what i believe and what another person means might not be

i believe there are all sorts of neat fun invisible things, that are not about nor limited to what anyone thinks they know about them either.

1 person likes this.
  9. Dejavu

Dejavu Until the great unbanning

Magic is what can't be attributed exactly to my will but is of it nonetheless. LOL

I am desperate not to die, without acting desperately. It's so difficult! The odds are against me. Odds are always against one if one is oneself as odd as one comes. : D I am getting used to getting used to it. ; D

10. SunnyHappyVegan

SunnyHappyVegan Member

I've been dabbling in Wicca, but I don't think it's quite right for me... I don't want a religion.
    But I do believe in magick as a form of focusing intent, similar as praying, only much more complex :p

I've tried to cast spells before, and they definitely have some effect- it's just not what I tried to do.

11. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I know what you mean.

Yesterday I tried to cast an antifreeze freshening spell, and ended up with a cracked engine block instead.

Gotta be careful with spell you don't understand. Especially ones where you get covered in toxic/cancerous chemicals, and can destroy your car in the process.

On the bright side, I'm hopefully going to cast a rebuilt-motor-purchasing spell and go turbo.

12. Delta 9 The Psychonaut

Delta 9 The Psychonaut Member

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"-(one of) Clarkes Three Laws

1 person likes this.
  13. OptimisticFutureBlues

OptimisticFutureBlues Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVGBorPtIUc"]Nektar - Do You Believe In Magic - YouTube

Yes I do. I really do.

14. windy

windy Member

15. zengizmo

16. ElEyeJaw

ElEyeJaw Banned

Remember when you were a kid and you were at a wishing well/fountain with your mom, or it was your birthday and you were told not to tell anyone what you wished for, otherwise it would not come true? That's exactly how it works, enough momentum is built up, released and left to do its own thing. It also helps to go into a trance state before hand. As far as wether or not it is real, the only way to know is to experience it yourself, if someone doesn't believe it is real, chances are you'll never be able to convince them it is. with that in mind, why worry about trying to prove it to anyone else?

17. WOLF ANGEL

Yes - As a Hippie Pagan of/for many years, am of a mindset that it is Faith and Belief that can tap into our inner psyche - which we have not done so for many a year - through the demands of conventional doctrine
    Chants set the scene, Spells conjure up the 'Spirit' but it is witch comes from within that give Positive solutions
    "Keep the Faith" :)

18. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

I believe in the magic of cooking and of learning. Oh, and in the magic of co-op gaming.

19. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

20. WOLF ANGEL

"One has to believe in the Magick" - witch is Key for it to work