Do you believe in ghosts/spirits?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by interval_illusion, Jan 8, 2005.

1. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

yea me too ,,,
    just that kindwomans statement sorta to me sounded like ya just ferget all that aspect of things when to some of us they are nothing harmful,,,, many times helpful and to say leave it all alone cuz its wrong just sorts gets me a bit irked quite frankly

2. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

just a tip..

er
    forget it :)

3. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

:D Yeah, that's empirical evidence of a GHOST. :rolleyes:

This kind of "I prefer to believe in ghosts rather than an unfortunate, dull reality" is what taints the discussion of whether ghosts do indeed exist. It reaches a point of transparent silliness and absurdity.

It cannot be argued that belief in something that is really either TRUE or UNTRUE should come down to "intuition" or "feelings" or "opinions."

-Jeffrey

4. peacefuljeffrey

I think that this is one of the most conveniently preposterous myths about ghosts and hauntings.

People always say that those who die violent, unsettling deaths are the ones who haunt the places where they died, and such.

Well, there are few places you can go where people didn't die somewhere around. There are LOTS of places where people died HORRIBLE deaths... and yet, no ghosts, and no reputed hauntings. Why would that be? What makes a death horrible enough to qualify for the decedent to haunt the earth in that location?

What about places in Rwanda and Zimbabwe and such, where roving marauding gangs working for local warlords HACK people to death with MACHETES... and put tires laden with burning kerosene around people's necks in the street?! Surely there are whole COUNTRIES that should be haunted?

-Jeffrey

5. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

im no expert but i dont believe in ghosts, altho i believe in spirit

6. peacefuljeffrey

Just because you may have seen dozens, or hundreds, of strange things, that's why you can't maybe treat us to ONE, or TWO?

See folks? This is one of the reasons I'm an utter skeptic: everyone loves to be dramatic about stuff like this. They give you a lot of... nothin'! Even when they talk for hours, when you boil down what they said... it's gobbledegook.

...AND??

All of that, and you didn't say that "the ghosts of the burned inmates walk the grounds and tear people's pants down and stub out their cigarettes."

So tell me, why would inmates who died in a sanitarium haunt the place, but, say, the 5 members of a family who died in a fire in a 3-story walkup apartment don't necessarily do so?

-Jeffrey

7. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

most ghosts(energies) hang out in places where they were the happiest. ghosts also hang out in places where they died suddenly or violently because they dont realize that they are dead. thats why you find alot of ghosts in hollywood and in hospitals, prisons, and such......

8. DoDaMan

DoDaMan Member

I do believe in ghosts. I did not believe before I worked at a bar that is haunted. A lot of wierd things happened there and one night I was closing the bar by myself and I saw the ghost. It was a very scary and wierd experience. It got really cold and I could see my breath, the hair on my arms stood straight up and I had goose bumps all over before I saw her. So, everytime I was feeling these things when I worked there, I just got up and left the place. Plus, there are a lot of hauntings all around the downtown area. It has a lot to do with Fort Sheridan................

~namaste~

9. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

most people who have experienced seeing a ghost mention the fact that the temperature drops considerably... goosebumps and seeing their own breath, so I would imagine that you truely did see a ghost.

10. peacefuljeffrey

Oooh, "creepy" is good enough proof of the paranormal to me... I don't know about hte rest of you folks... but I'm convinced! [​IMG]

Now, without a picture of this alleged gravestone, you expect us to believe that they actually put stuff like that on people's gravestones? I mean, they give them the dignity of a burial and a headstone, and then go and say something unflattering and mean? Who believes that?! Why can't you PROVE it?

-Jeffrey

11. DoDaMan

DoDaMan Member

I would not believe in ghosts if I did not see one with my own eyes!

~namaste~

12. peacefuljeffrey

A name like "ganja king" and you don't think I might suspect you were just high and forgot what you did with the soap?

Shit, I've had things and then whoops, where the hell did that go?! Like when you drop something in the kitchen and then can't find it. I knocked the bezel off a dive watch once when I was a kid -- banged it into the side of the fridge -- and damned if that bezel NEVER showed up, ANYWHERE ever again. Gee, it must have been a ghost took it. :rolleyes:

Let me put it this way:
    DOES ANYONE HERE HAVE ANY REAL EVIDENCE FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GHOSTS?!

NOT SOME "SPOOKY FEELINGS CAME OVER ME IN MY UPSTAIRS BEDROOM" CRAP, I MEAN.

For crying out loud, is it so hard to come up with anything CREDIBLE if what you're saying is sooo true??

-Jeffrey

13. peacefuljeffrey

I know I've been coming across as arrogant and cynical... I apologize for that. But the rationalist in me screams against stuff that I think is fake, and a lot of this stuff is, I think, fake.

I would like to hear more about what you have experienced. PM me sometime about it, okay? :)

-Jeffrey

14. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I have physical evidence of energies showing up on photographs I had taken....... granted they arent ghosts.... still they are energies.......

15. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

well there is some fake stuff out there, just like the evening news.......

still doesnt discredit the fact that ghosts/energies are real

16. peacefuljeffrey

Actually, it's Hollywood that has "TAUGHT" everyone that "ghosts hang out in places where they were happiest/died suddenly or violently."

People take what they heard in movies and that metamorphosizes into what they "know" about the "truth" about ghosts, vampires, werewolves...take your pick. It's all silliness. People want to believe it, 'cause it's COOL. And so they do. Doesn't make it any more factual than Cthulhu or Azathoth or any of the other "gods" that H.P. Lovecraft created. Fiction is fiction, and pretending it's real doesn't make it so.

-Jeffrey

17. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

I'm a ghost.

18. peacefuljeffrey

Yes, and that's because Hollywood and horror fiction taught us all that!

-Jeffrey

19. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

whatever jeffrey........ even the most cynical people experienced a haunting...... so yours will come one day.

20. peacefuljeffrey

Now, I'M the guy who's the big skeptic who could use some convincing, and this kind of stuff NEVER happens to me!

I'm OPEN to it happening, I just don't believe it WILL. Why can't it just swoop in and convince me?!

Funny, no, how it seems to only happen to those who already believed?!

-Jeffrey