Do you believe in astrology?

Discussion in 'Astrology' started by Robofish, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

astrology.com

that bit seemed oddly specific and in my case correct. i'd like to know a percentage of Aries women who feel that part is correct.

2. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

another point is what about when things change? the descriptions of aries and love/relationships is pretty accurate, but there seems to be an emphasis on flings, one night stands, leaving people and not being interested in commitment. which is not the case with me, but maybe ten years ago i would have thought correct. maybe it could be argued a star sign influences the You that happens before you think about what you actually want, believe and alter behaviours to get there.

same with the concept that aries are short-tempered.. that was definitely true once but much less now because i don't like how being that way affected my life.

if people write off negative behaviours because they think they can't help it because of their star sign, they're choosing to not take responsibility. relinquish their free will.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i suppose it could theoretically be more beneficial when trying to understand other people rather than yourself maybe? i know some people use it when deciding who to date. which i think is actually quite detrimental, but if you really believe in the astrology stuff then it could make sense.

4. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

true. but only an individual knows exactly how much their sign suits them.. and kind of.. how to interpret it.

like it says Aries like to be in charge, the boss, in work life. And I kind of do. but for some people that would mean they wanted to run an office team and for me it's more like, i like having a job where i work on my own. a lot of the aries stuff seems very extroverted, but i can see how the same trait manifests in me as an introvert.

but i remain utterly agnostic. i can't help but register the fact i fit the description of an Aries though.

5. Angela36

Angela36 Members

Absolutely. I believe less in astrology than I do religion.

Bilby likes this.
  6. I actually used to be really good at gauging a person from their birth chart, back when I was really into astrology. I knew what my nephew was going to be like when he was just a baby, and sure enough, he couldn't have been anything more like what I predicted.

My own birth chart is pretty wild. For instance, I have the sun, moon, and neptune all conjunct in Sagittarius in the 7th house. I dig that kind of stuff.

7. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

do you know where it all came from?
    i'm reading a detailed thing with all the moon/mars/rising stuff.. i can't really understand all that..
    but the personality traits.. who originally collected all this information, and how?

I'll have to do a detailed on with a fake date of birth and birth place now, to compare.

parua likes this.
  8. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Good question and good points. I don't have much of an answer. Have you looked up your moon and ascendant sign yet? I went to astrology.com and it says about the zodiac sun signs but not much info about the other signs. When i was younger my sun sign seemed more fitting. Now i feel a stronger influence by my moon sign. Much of my sun sign still feels quite fitting though. But its like i would have to pin point it and say yes this is quite accurate, no this isn't. And yes, i definitely agree with your last sentence.

Between my sun and moon sign, its like i'm destine to be a traveler. :D

9. No, I don't, actually. I never really thought about that. I suppose it must have taken a while to examine people according to what planets were in the sky at the times of their births, though.

10. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

That's what I was thinking... i'll research it later if i remember.

Just was reading a detailed thing now. But like said, I'd have to read a fake one to compare.
    I can see how the moon sign accounts for things that weren't quite accurate with sun sign.

oh dear. i don't know if i want to be one of these.. astrology people.. haha

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Astrology
    NO MORE PINS IN MEEEEE
    NO MORE.
    NO MORE PINS IN MEEEEE.
    ASTROLOGY

Kinda sings like an infusion of Metallica songs.

12. riv

riv Members

i believe it helps to understand why you react in certain ways sometimes.

13. DronFee1

DronFee1 Banned

WTF man, astrology is sh*t

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yo, bro. No need to be a mood killer, eh bro?

15. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

I never gave it much thought. Then listening to CSN, sing Southern Cross. I decided I need to see the Crux for the first time. But I guess it's hard to see in the N. hemisphere.

16. sherman march

sherman march Members

one of my favorite all-time comics (probably in New Yorker) was 2 guys standing in front of a firing squad. one looks at the other and says something like "I read my horoscope this morning and it didn't say anything about this happening today!" That's my opinion of horoscopes and astrology.

17. The entire New Testament is actually a prophecy based on ancient astrology. I’m just making that up, but it’s so.

18. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Organised religion is useful to some people; astrology isn't of any use to anyone.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  19. Unless you wish to peer through the sands of time. It takes great discipline and more than a little wisdom.

Gul Dukat likes this.
  20. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Astrology is based on stereotype thinking, something that is wrong.