Do You Attend Worship Services?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Aerianne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

A Church of Hyrule would be kind of cool. I'd attend that.

"Before time began and before spirits and life existed, the universe was in chaos. The three Golden Goddesses descended upon the chaos and began the creation of the world, each of them creating a different facet of the realm. Din created the material realm, Nayru gave the realm law and order, and Farore created all life forms that would follow the said order.

"With their labors completed, the Goddesses departed for the heavens, but not before leaving behind the Triforce, three sacred golden triangles representing a small portion of the essence of the goddesses. Because the power of the Triforce was so great, they trusted the sacred relic to the careful hands of the goddess Hylia so that she could protect it from those who would misuse its almighty power. Since Hylia herself was a goddess, the Triforce was in safe hands, as only mortals would be able to use its power.

"The land where the goddesses departed eventually became to be known as the Sacred Realm, the eventual resting place of the Triforce after Hylia could no longer protect it due to giving up her immortal form."

[​IMG]

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  2. Born25YearsTooLate

Born25YearsTooLate Hunting the mighty whifflesnark

I make compost. I grow things. I make things out of other things. I learn. I craft. For Grandfather Hephaestus - to work is to worship. Some days I fall short, and I'm lazy and accomplish little. Some days I accomplish much. But I do as I can, and it's good enough.

3. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

Not so much anymore. There was a church I felt accepted in, but then my mortal enemy found it and started attending and ruined it for me. There was a convent I stayed at a couple of years ago that have a place near me and I keep saying I will go there, but never do. The nuns were cool.

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

Irminsul likes this.
  5. Born25YearsTooLate

funny you post that.. there's an order called 'sisters of the valley' that cultivate and make herbal preparations from pot. (btw, they're /not/ catholic. They're more into pre-christian traditions, but still apparently pretty groovy folks.)

6. TipsyGypsy

I've been wanting a tattoo....

7. Born25YearsTooLate

you know, that one would be interesting, wouldn't it?

8. TipsyGypsy

Not sure what the big guy would say about it..!

Born25YearsTooLate likes this.
  9. Born25YearsTooLate

Honestly, I think the Divine has to have a good sense of humor. After all - Platypus.

beachbum86 and TipsyGypsy like this.
  10. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I’ve been watching a pastor on tv sometimes on Sunday if I’m too lazy to make it to church. You can tithe online, too. :sweatsmile:

11. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

And the mountain came to Muhammad.

12. It just doesn't feel the same though.
    Now very awe-inspiring.
    Not that that is crucial, but it doesn't feel the same to sit at home and watch tv.
    No celebration, no ritual....just an everyday thing.

13. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Agree. It’s also meant to be a “fellowship” with others.

14. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Yes, Eight Sabbats, Luna Rituals, along with when and at witch time one is drawn to.