Do you actually WANT gay bars to let straight people in?

Discussion in 'Gay Polls' started by Hoatzin, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Hoatzin

Hoatzin Senior Member

I've been thinking a bit more about this and I'm thinking that a possible alternative is to also introduce "men only" and "women only" clubs/club nights at gay clubs. I think some clubs already do this.

Basically my main objection to straight people being in gay clubs isn't that I have a problem with straight people - I just think they have enough places to pull in and we don't really. But I figure if you have a men only night at a gay club, at least any straight guys going in there will know there's not going to be any pussay for them. I reckon there'd be a lot more experimentation if they knew there weren't going to be any women around too =]

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

What I'd love is a gay nightclub with totally different kinds of music, Indie, rock even praytell metal. But I dont think thats ever going to happen, well not in my city anyway

3. Hoatzin

Hoatzin Senior Member

Well, if gays are turned off by it, then no, it won't happen, because in gay clubs more than regular clubs, the people that show up are what makes it. But I dunno, maybe you should approach your local club and offer to do a warm-up bar or something. Try and get a night when they're not normally busy and when you're not up against another popular rock night and see how it goes. I'm pretty sure there were more homosexuals that one would normally expect last time I DJ'd, and the gayest thing I played was Missy Elliott.

4. I like straight men in gay bars because I love giving blowjobs to married straight nen

5. DaveTheBiGuy

DaveTheBiGuy Members

Yes. Those"straight" guys are probably looking to get their needs met too

6. DaveTheBiGuy

DaveTheBiGuy Members

FYI... If they're looking to have another guy suck their cock, then they're NOT straight.

7. TwinT

TwinT Members

[​IMG]

Let’s assume, rather arbitrarily, that 4 % of the homosexually interested population (pink boxes) get up on a Saturday night and go to a venue in the hope of meeting like-minded people, and let’s further assume that they can only choose between two venues, and that both have a capacity of 100 people. Which venue is more attractive for them?

If a venue is to have 96 pink boxes, with the same distribution of 4 %, it must have a capacity of 2,400 people (96 + 2,304).

[​IMG]

In addition, a particular disadvantage of male homosexuality compared to heterosexuality must be taken into account: the reduction of supply due to anal incompatibility. If the selection options are to remain the same, this requires a correspondingly larger supply.

[​IMG]

The differentiation into scenes helps to concentrate people with similar preferences at one venue:
    • Master’ or ‘slave’ (bondage and discipline aficionados);
    • Leathermen’ (leather fetish);
    • Sexpig’ (enjoys a lot of sex, either multiple partners or frequent acts, or both);
    • Bear’ or ‘cub’ (has a ‘natural’, masculine, often hairy, build—cubs tend to be younger than bears);
    • Chubby’ or ‘chaser’ (has a heavy build, and those who are attracted to them);
    • Daddy’ or ‘boy’ (men attracted to partners in the context of role play involving perceptions of older and younger partners);
    • Alternative’ (out of the mainstream, both gay and otherwise);
    • Queer’ (identifies broadly with non-conformity to gender or sexuality norms);
    • Partyboy’ or ‘scene queen’ (active participants in the gay commercial scene—bars and nightclubs—and regularly attend gay dance parties);
    • Twink’ (younger men, often with a slim, smooth build);
    • Drag queen’ (sometimes dress in women’s clothing to attend gay venues or events but not necessarily for sexual reasons, or as an expression of gender dysphoria);
    • Vanilla’ (has a narrow sexual repertoire);
    • Non-scene’ (avoids gay venues or events).
    Source: DOI 10.1007/s10461-015-1027-9​

My conclusion: concentration should be maximised and dilution minimised.​

thepapasmurph and Suburbanray like this.
  8. SapphicHippie

SapphicHippie Members

No not at all. They have their own bars so let us have ours.

9. thepapasmurph

thepapasmurph Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Things are changing. Gay bars seem to be on the decline - at least where I live. We are down to one gay bar. It is owned and operated by two older men who provide fantastic food. The brunch on Sundays is delicious. The rest of the week, patrons are mostly an older gay crowd - with some mix of lesbian and trans, too. The other thing - in our area, there is a monthly meet-upit called "Guerilla Gay Bar". It was originally set up as a last minute announcement of where everyone was going to meet - a straight bar in the city, and all the LGBTQ folks would arrive in "guerilla" fashion - Theory was to integrate and show the rest of the world we are here and it's OK. As time went on, area bars would actually ask if they could be the chosen bar for the GGB event. It has become popular with the "younger" crowd - well attended by 40ish and younger, with a few old coots like me also showing up. It's fun.
    But - for me, nothing will take the place of having my own place to go, where I know most of the patrons are like me, and we can feel safe being ourselves there. I hope the gay bar is not becoming history.

Native Vee likes this.
  10. Native Vee

Native Vee Members

Why would someone who is straight wanna go into a gay bar??

They would most likely have to dance with the same sex and I think alot of straight people cannot do it!