Do Y'all Cover Up Your PC Camera?

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by tumbling.dice, May 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oldiebutgoodie

Oldiebutgoodie Members

Yes, mine stays covered. I could care less about my face, it is the stuff that can be gleaned from the background.

2. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Their was no truth whatsoever in what they were claiming (as you realized)
    A huge error occurred at the time in question when Microsoft updated their systems, allowing hackers in Russia access to all their email passwords and log in details.
    Although your email account may not have been with Microsoft. they handle the data for many other providers.
    I was one of more than 5 million people who received that threat in the UK alone.
    All the major providers hushed it up.

3. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That's sweet of you to offer it to him. Can I kiss it too?

4. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

I feel dissed. But no matter. I'm happy that we have a leader with so much energy working diligently to improve life in the country. I like bringing back jobs and manufacturing to the US. Some said it would never happen but it's getting done. I don't like being dependent on other countries for life saving drugs, supplies, etc. We learned the hard way when countries refused to send the stuff we ordered so they could help their own people. Can't blame em; it's our bad. Cutting costs of pharmaceuticals, improving schools in impoverished areas, protecting us from mentally disturbed mobs, putting the brakes on other countries stealing from us, etc.
    In the US, the power of the president is quite limited compared to a lot of other countries. But this guy has a powerful personality, he doesn't take guff, and he expects those he hires to be high performers. It's no gravy train with this guy.
    We're blocking the cameras and cutting the mic wires on our Chinese made computers to keep those guys from spying on us, like they do with their "apps". At least somebody's got out backs.

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Not anymore. I used to feel like that particular feature of laptops in particular was intrusive and presumptuous. Now that we're doing Zoom (a video app) for school and now that I use cameras more it's a really intuitive feature. :)

It takes getting used to, and you really have to use the thing to be able to appreciate it and ignore the idea that someone is using it to spy on you.

You could technically make something so that the webcam was covered anytime you weren't using it without using tape - tape fucks it up.

6. soulcompromise

Do you mean synergy?

syn·er·gy
    /ˈsinərjē/
    Learn to pronounce

noun
    1. the interaction or cooperation of two or more organizations, substances, or other agents to produce a combined effect greater than the sum of their separate effects.

7. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Exactly. Who cares? We're not doing anything classified anyway.
    They come with covers. The external ones, anyway.
    Some external mics have hardware mute switches.
    Those features can be handy in calls and can lend peace of mind to some in between calls.

soulcompromise likes this.
  8. soulcompromise

Let's stay on topic.

Does your PC have a camera?

9. soulcompromise

Ok. No camera there...
    :sunglasses:

10. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

I like electricity. And energy. A Joule is a Watt-second (Watt being volts*amps*cos of any phase difference between them).

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

can't really imagine why humans would want to stare at each other's ugly mugly's.

12. passygalore

passygalore Members

My PC came with a little, loose, plastic sliding door with adhesive on the back. I attached it over the camera lens. I don't want to expose my messy...desk.

13. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

If anyone goes to that much trouble to gaze upon the brilliant radiance of my august visage, I'd hate to disappoint them.

14. Varmint

Varmint Member

I put a bandaid over the camera lense on my netbook. My desktop unit has no camera, so I added one which now hangs off-center from my screen, but remains unplugged unless I wish to use it. I found that my PC's audio sucks beyond compare and the camera, while nice, doesn't improve the audio in spite of it's built-in twin mics. Go figure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.