Do Y'all Cover Up Your PC Camera?

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by tumbling.dice, May 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Wow, no experience with that, man, but appreciate the enlightenment. Eighties was my decade of getting married and having kids so pot faded way to the background of my activities. Heard about crack cocaine on the news but have never seen it. I did try original powder cocaine a few times in years prior but never felt it worth the cost. Pot was just fine at the time.

In all frankness, I wouldn't consider polluting my body with the likes of that, meth, etc. Might chew on a coca leaf. Pot is a nice natural unadulterated plant which personally I don't consider risky to consume in moderation.

Eric! and rollingalong like this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Fixed it for ya....

3. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Yeah, I covered mine after I saw Mark Zuckerberg doing it. I assume he knows more about internet privacy than me.

Eric! likes this.
  4. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Because of this thread, I'm going to.

Eric! likes this.
  5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I don't have a camera but if I did I would. Computer software has all kinds of goverment back doors engineered into it. They can be exploited by a smart hacker or someone else. The store will say it is un-hackable but things basically can not be in this digital post 9/11 age. Americans gave up a lot before guns. Your digital device has the potential to spy on you. It's unlikely I guess but always possible.

There was a hacker group that got their hands on hacks for Windows software that been out for years. No one knew because only the goverment had the data to use them. When you control certain information you control everything.

Eric! likes this.
  6. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Heheheheee!

7. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

hahahahaha

:tonguewink:

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

since I havent freebased cocaine in over a decade. :tonguewink:

9. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

What's the hold up?

10. JudeLawless

JudeLawless Members

If someone wants to watch me masturbate go ahead!

11. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

I can see it now:

We've done a lot of research on masturbation, and...

Where'd you get the data?

Err, umm...

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, by my time weed wasn't exactly a big deal, but you had to be stealthy about it. so it was mostly smoked at home, where you could have whatever device you wanted as long as you weren't stupid about it. a bong is definitely not something you would take with you anywhere, other than maybe a friend's house.

i've made my own before too, although none of them were very good. i only owned one, and it was a kind of mid-priced glass deal that was not very fancy looking, but was sturdy and very effective. i've seen those stupid decorative ones that cost hundreds of dollars and don't work so great; they look nice but i would never buy one. but i've also seen really cheap ones that were ugly, made out of shitty materials, and didn't work as well as mine but sure got the job done for a much lower price.

i get the conservation thing. at this point, i have very easy access and don't smoke that much anyway, so i'm really not concerned about that. but there have been times when i had no reliable hookup, or when i had a good hookup but it was a 2 hour drive away, and at those times i mostly stuck with a one hitter too.

if i ever figure out where you are and happen to travel there, i'll gladly bring some to your bong.

as an aside, i never smoked crack out of a bong but i've done salvia a handful of times and a bong is definitely the way to go there.

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

actually the back doors in operating systems are there to facilitate corporate advertising. didn't take long for governments and high school kids to discover and exploit them.
    actually i think it was the kids who got there first.

my laptop has a built in webcam. why the hell government or anyone else would want to see my all too human face, is beyond me.
    i did have a piece of cardboard taped over it for a while.
    i like to be naked when i'm home by myself, and i wouldn't want whoever had to watch it's eyes to bleed.

its in my bug out bag as a back up, in case i ever really do need to bug out,
    like in a fire or other disaster or emergency or 'conservatives' screw everyone out of their pensions so everyone ends up out on the street.

14. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Or the more probable case of liberals eviscerating gun rights such that we can no longer legally defend against a new rage of criminals harboring what become illegal guns and robbing all our supplies, taking over our homes, etc.

Which is almost as unlikely.

In case you've been on acid or something, conservatives are the side who would fight for your pensions, not screw you out of them. hahahaha The libs would want to take a part of it to pay able-bodied people not to work. They're the ones whose goal it is to make the majority of people dependent on the government. It's easy to get duped.

15. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

I didn't used to bother about it, but the covert aspect of recording, storing and using it against you - when you least expect it to - makes me second think this opine, still, once a conspiracy theorist .....

16. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I do not, but every now and then I look directly into the lens. Just so they know that I know.

17. bourne1978

bourne1978 Members

I keep it covered alright.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah, I use a post it note lol. I only use the cam for Skype and the Surface Pro, so, I dunno not much of a big deal but when I get stoned I paranoid someone is going to hack it and catch me poking things in my nose and ears.

19. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

I can't imagine anyone wanting to watch an old fat guy drink coffee and play on an internet message board for more than 1.632 seconds.

20. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

Yes. And on my work laptop. Freaks me out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.