Do Y'all Cover Up Your PC Camera?

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by tumbling.dice, May 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Is any of this true?

It's never even occurred to me to cover the camera up.

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

James Comey and Mark Zuckerburg have both admitted to covering up their cameras with tape, if that tells you anything

Eric! likes this.
  3. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Fuck...

Eric! likes this.
  4. YogaBird

YogaBird Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ

I cover my computer and smart tv cameras, if the tv has a camera

Eric! likes this.
  5. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Covered, recovered, check also to make sure the microphone is disabled. On the PC... smart phones are another beast entirely.

Eric! likes this.
  6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Anybody that wanted to spy on my activity while using my tablet would soon turn away from boredom.

7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

My desktop has no camera but my wife's laptop in the kitchen does.

I covered it up once but Alexa told me she couldn't see, so I uncovered it again.

Eric! and Meliai like this.
  8. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

NOW I know where your new avatar picture came from. :yum::yum::yum:

Aerianne likes this.
  9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

sure, it's way more expensive than it used to be, but it's still relatively cheap. as in, you can get stoned cheaper than you can get drunk, for example.

a bong is a little wasteful, sure. but people are still smoking joints and blunts, which are way worse for weed economy. bongs really aren't that bad, since you can get such a good hit from them you usually get where you want to be on far fewer hits, so yes you use more than you would from a regular pipe, but not by that much.

besides, if you can afford it they are just a nice way to smoke. i know back when i was smoking all day every day, a bong was the only way i really felt high.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I've always hated bongs, they're like the weed equivalent of funneling beer. And everytime i've ever smoked out of one I get way too high and end up super paranoid and I just shut down and dont talk for 2 hours

Give me a one hitter or vape pen and i'm golden

11. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Yes I just got a laptop and I don't use the camera so I saw no harm in covering it.

12. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

I even ordered these camera cover seal things the other day for myself, my family, and my girlfriend. The threat is real as far as I'm concerned.

13. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'll try to address those points in context with my experience.

1) stoned cheaper than drunk? Not if the goal is simply get the job done. Cheap alcohol will be a lot less than pot.

Now if you factor in the medical bills after years of consumption... then yeah.

2) A joint is way more efficient than a bong. More efficient than a pipe. Vaporizer may beat it though, not sure, never experienced one. Of course the joint has to be completely consumed.

But then it involves inhaling paper combustion products.

3) Efficiency isn't defined by how many hits it takes to get where one wants to be (hits/buzz). I specifically stated mass/buzz. That makes quantifiable sense and is directly proportional to $/buzz. A "hit" can vary widely among a sampling of individuals.

4) If 25-50% isn't "that much" to you, then yeah, you're right. That's a lot to me, though.

5) The reason you needed to megadose to feel high is because you had so much residual in your system from constant consumption that it took a lot to break the threshold.

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i will likewise answer with my own experience.

1) i really don't think that's true. you could probably get a couple steel reserve tallboys or the equivalent for $2.50 or $3, and get a pretty good buzz from that. whereas with weed, if you're not buying in bulk which ultimately saves a ton of money, you can still get pretty decent 1/8 for $25 to $30 (better quality than steel reserve at least). so that's 10x the cost of the two tallboys, and it will get you high way more than 10 times as long as you're not being wasteful with it. i guess you could probably buy a bottle of the cheapest liquor available and that might be cheaper; i honestly don't know the price of something like that.

2) maybe. you need to consume it with other people though, unless you have crazy high tolerance. sure, you could put it out and save it too, but i feel like that will waste some, plus it just gets a little gross toward the end. point being, it's not a one person, one sitting thing. you also have to be careful not to let it burn much between hits, or it loses its efficiency.

3) you're right, but my point about the number of hits was that if, for example, a pipe hit uses 1/4 the weed of a bong hit but takes 3 hits to get the equivalent buzz, then you're really only saving 25% by using the pipe.

4) i still don't think it's anywhere near 50%, but even assuming it is it's really not that big of a deal to me. at this point, i don't smoke much at all anyway so i'm not worried about the economy of it on the occasions that i do. but even back in the day when i smoked all the time, i still didn't care because one, i considered the better high to be worth the cost, and two, i lived by the old saying "pot will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no pot." if i was bored i would just go to the used video game store and find a $2 game, and as long as i could get high that would keep me entertained for weeks.

5) that's true. i'm glad i don't have to do that anymore. but i have to assume that a lot of people still do, so those people probably still use bongs.

15. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I unplugged my Xbox1's connect when i had xbox1 anyway. I sold that last year. At least, I think it was my xbox1 that came with connect. It may have been whatever device/console came before xbox1, but I can't remember. I hated the feeling of something watching me while I watched TV though, or the possibility that something could somehow hack into it and watch me watch TV. It's probably paranoia to think that way, but I couldn't get over it and still tape over cameras or unplug them wherever they may be. :)

16. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Read Somewhere That Cameras And Mics Can Be Turned On Remotely......Anybody Have Any

Information About This....???...:worried:

Cheers Glen.

17. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Okay, we can get more personal. Weed was pretty ubiquitous when I was coming up. It was illegal but tolerated. That was before the war on everything (as if it were all the same). It was easy to find, easy to buy, we didn't have to worry about getting arrested, locked up, or even charged as long as we were cool they'd just confiscate it at worst. We would stand in the school yard near the building and pass it around in plain view every morning before first period. That kind of ubiquitous.

Most people didn't mess with bongs because they considered them a hassle to use and were difficult to carry. Plus it takes a development of technique to be able to use one effectively. I think they were also somewhat costly at the paraphernalia stores (which there were lots of even though pot was 'illegal'). I just made my own, was my own r&d team, concocting many designs soon surpassing anything purchasable commercially. Mine weren't about artistry, they were about working well. The commercial ones were cool-looking, though gimmicky, and yet short on performance. Also, I developed a rather voluminous lung capacity. It got to where it was fun to challenge big talkers and watch them fall short. I could bong a bud the size of my fingertip in one hit! I still have some pieces from bongs I made in HS.

FFTT. Now, because I can get only tiny amounts infrequently, and I'd like to have access for when I feel I need it, it's all about conservation of mass. I made a tiny 'one hitter' pipe and I can get a decent buzz with one hit, burning a piece of bud the size of a seed, the kind we used to get in sandwich bags three fingers high of weed. Those bong hits to impress everyone back in the day... they used about twenty times the volume of pot that I now use to get a great high these days.

Not that I'm attributing all that difference to bong vs one-hitter! Clearly other factors reign. I'm just telling a story of my experience and motivations to provide perspective. And in the process demonstrate that I'm speaking from direct experience. And with that framework in place, establish a basis for why loss due to inefficient delivery systems of any kind is intolerable for me in my current situation.

Show up with some and I'll be glad to break out a bong. :D

18. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

i will set both of you straight

first...i dont cover my camera but my kid does...

and then

bongs,like trix,are for kids

doobs are where its at

.....those bongs stink to high heavan....the water is disgusting...they are messy and require space and tools and some coordination...sometimes ice....ashes being sucked down into the water makes me vomitous ....they are way over priced and cant be used in public or at a decent rock venue.....the slower creep high of a doobie by far is more satisfying than the quick womp of a bong...that womp is gone too quick

bongs are for crack :)

Asmodean and deepwoods like this.
  19. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Yep, like I said, they were considered a bit of a hassle to most folk. But yeah, lots of ways to expound on that.

Once, I left one on the kitchen counter after coming in late, musta grabbed a snack. Next morning when I w went down to the kitchen, my mom was cooking breakfast and I spied the bong. Grabbed it before she turned around and stashed it in my room. Crisis averted!

Decades later she tells me she knew what I was doing and remembered that.

I'd use plexiglass pipe I'd buy at a supply house for main tubes. And yeah, cracks would happen, most notably around the hole I'd drill for the inlet stream.

rollingalong likes this.
  20. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

no dude....people in 80s smoked crack from a bong....crack cocaine.....also yes my kids bong cost 90 dollars and was supposedly drop proof made of thick glass....it fell from a shelf and only the base cracked off but it was useless without the base...we smoked freebased cocaine eactly how they smoke dab these days.....torch and glass

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.