Do Y'all Cover Up Your PC Camera?

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by tumbling.dice, May 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

[​IMG]

I don't trust that thing. Seems like I've heard that it can be activated remotely by, hell I don't know...somebody. Anyway I covered mine up with a post-it note. I did the same thing with my work computer; it makes me feel like I'm being stared at.

Am I the only one who does this?

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

My PC doesn't have a camera...

themnax likes this.
  3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

My PC doesnt have a camera but my xbox does and I disconnect it completely

4. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Only my tablet has a camera and I don't cover it.

5. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I have covered it since I tend to smoke a LOT from Mrs. ButterBong. I really don't need that image floating around. Telephones have been tapped since 1876, so why should I feel any better about a web camera? I use electrical tape with a small square on the obverse side so the lens doesn't get adhesive on it (I never know when I'll want to have Skype-sex with Jane, my wife).

6. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

I cover mine, yes.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

8. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

9. Candybuttons

Candybuttons Sweet Member

10. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No. Systems are pretty secure these days. Device user has to grant access. Besides... what are they going to see??? I wouldn't bong in front of it... (do people really still use these things?) bang, maybe, but wouldn't care. I'd be more concerned about them listening in to room conversations via the built-in mic.

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

bongs? why would they have stopped?

my computer is a desktop; as far as i know it doesn't have a camera. if it does, it's seen my dick a lot.

Chuck Burns, pensfan13 and GLENGLEN like this.
  12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Lol, I always get paranoid when I'm on the laptop that someone is watching me pick my nose or stick things in my nose to help me sneeze. I use a post it note to cover it up. :p

13. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Don't Have A Camera Or Mic......But If I Did I Would Most Certainly Cover Them Up Or Disable Them.....:worried:

Cheers Glen.

14. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Hahahaha! As long as the keys still work. ;)

So, why would bong use have declined? (Since the days of Cheech and Chong)
    In a nutshell, due to the high cost of MJ now, folks might be more inclined to maximize the efficiency of conversion from mass to buzz.

At least "for us regular folk who might wear tennis shoes or the occasional python boot" :D

Lamentably, gone are the days of the $15/oz for Mexican, $20 for Colombian, and $25/oz for exotics such as Panama red, Acapulco gold, etc. (there was another noteworthy one, something with 'black' or 'dark' in the name; I CRS)

Now, it's like thirty dollars for a package with two grams net weight printed on it. That's like 1/14th the mass for (and we'll use the price comparison to the best stuff back then which is proper) 20% more money. IIW, it went from $0.89/g to $15/g. That's a one-thousand five-hundred eighty five percent increase. (1585%) Approximately. And yet considerable by the most conservative of standards. Or, as the wise but kind Prof Marvel might muse, "A whopper, to speak in the vernacular of the peasantry."

A bong, as you well know, allows the user to draw the combustion products through a water bath. As the smoke bubbles up through the water, some of the heat contained in the gas of combustion products is conducted into the cooler water, which cools the smoke, delivering a reduced temperature gas to the respiratory system of the user. That allows a bigger "hit"; a larger quantity of gas intake per respiratory cycle, which tends to produce a bigger rush, i.e., a more rapid escalation of the onset of the effects.

As part of the cooling process, condensation occurs. Parts of the gas get absorbed into the water. Those parts never reach the user (unless the water is drank). If the bong water is ultimately disposed of, such as dumping into the sink (what I would expect to be still common practice based on the taste of bong water), then it becomes a literal example of the metaphorical phrase “money down the drain”.

I don't know what percentage is lost. But I do know it feels significant, and whatever it is, it adds up. Based on empirical evidence from my own personal experience, I'd put it between one-quarter and one-half, or 25-50%. But even at 10%, that's still a notable loss. No clue how it would measure out but it does seem like it takes almost twice the bud to get the same long-term buzz.

That's why I'd expect those fun devices to have largely fallen out of favor.

I know... my expectation of bong-use decline is based on knowledge and sense - characteristics which seem to have lost favor at a rate potentially exceeding the increase in the price of pot!

15. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

My current computer is a Dell Latitude E6410. It has a light sensor where the webcam would be on other laptops, and I don't have to cover it. But two of my old laptops had cameras embedded there, and I used scotch tape to cover them. It's translucent, but you can't see through it and it's not as distracting as other things in my opinion.

Here is a picture of a Dell Latitude E6410. You can really see the light sensor, and it looks a little like a camera, but it's not.

[​IMG]

16. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

I dunno... having been a big computer aficionado since the Intel 8080, it seems weird but I'm doing most of my computer time on mobile devices now. This is a phone I'm participating in the forum on. It has two cameras, front one starting right at me.
    Can y'all see me now? ;)

17. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Only when I'm masturbating

Logan 5 likes this.
  18. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Are you embarrassed for some hacker to watch you wank?

That's assuming they could somehow hack in, and for some reason felt it worth the while.

You okay with them listening in, or would you open the device and clip the mic wire?

19. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

This just seems fucking wrong...

Eric! and RetiredHippie like this.
  20. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hahaaaaa!!

RetiredHippie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.