do u know mary Jane is illegal?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by High Guy, May 11, 2004.

1. High Guy

High Guy Member

So why is marijuana illegal? The illegalization of Cannabis was first set in a few American states in 1920, based solely on racial prejudice. Newspapers began printing articles about Mexicans and African Americans that smoked this drug were disrespectful to white people, and were seducing white women with this drug and their satanic music. By 1935 marijuana was proclaimed to be ***"the most violence causing drug known to man" by Harry J. Anslinger, director of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics (1931-1962), who demanded federal laws prohibiting marihuana.

***The effects of Weed observed suggest that it may be more likely to neutralize aggressive and criminal acts.

2. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

Yup, sounds like the effects of marijuana to me!

3. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i know that when i get stoned, i love to go out and kill a person or two.

4. _DeLiA_

_DeLiA_ Member

its amazing the lies people belive.

5. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

when i get high yeah i might wanna get laid but i dont feel the need to hurt anyone. sometimes i think im more passive when im high then when im sober.

6. boog

boog A square peg

phew lucky no one was drinking alcohol in them days then.

7. trippymcnugget

trippymcnugget Member

That part about the Blacks and Mexicans can't be true because George Washington grew marijuana in his garden in the 1700's.

8. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

You're correct, it's not exactly true. The lumber industry and Dupont teamed up to illegalize hemp and spread propaganda that Mexicans and Africans "go wild" when under the influence of marijuana to appeal to the racist general public in an effort to make hemp illegal. This was because a new process was invented for removing the fiber from the hemp plant which would have made wood pulp in paper and nylon rope obsolete.

9. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

Yes but attitudes changed since the hemp-farming days of George Washington. By the 1920s and 30s marijuana had become particularly associated with Mexicans and black jazz musicians (and Anslinger hated jazz music).

10. garf12

garf12 Member

you need to watch Grass, it talks alot about Anslinger

11. bradofcentralpa

bradofcentralpa Member

this is not a free speech location

12. SagaciosuKJB

SagaciosuKJB Member

http://www.jackherer.com/chapter04.html

There's a chapter taken straight out of Jack Herer's 'The Emporer Wears No Clothes'. It's an insanely good read, and he's been nice enough to put the book online for all to read for free to broaden their knowledge on cannabis related things.

13. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

Just like the time I smoked a fatty and went out and killed 7 innocent teens with a chainsaw.....

See, shit like that will never happen if you a pothead, pot relaxes u and DOES NOT give you the urge to kill/hurt neone.

If theres any drug out there that causes violence its Alcohol and crack.(crack because there are thousands of African Americans/caucasion etc; hooked and killing eachother every day because of this stuff)

14. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

Go to a coffee shop in Holland, you will not see violence. Go to any bar and you will see violence.

15. MamaTheLama

MamaTheLama Too much coffee

I don't know about pot, but they illegalized cocaine by claiming the blacks were gettin hold of the stuff n rapin' white women among other things (they were quote "uncontrollable and dangerous").
    Cocaine used to be everything (cough syrups,etc).
    I watched something on that on pbs or discovery or national geographic...one of those.

16. MexicanFlowerChild

MexicanFlowerChild Member

I have never taught about killing anyone when im high...i actually think about how to help our society and stuff...am i the only 1???

17. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

That is all very true. Marijuana was outlawed for similar absurd fears. Marijuana was also used in all kinds of tonics and medicines for numerous ailments.

18. dotadave

dotadave Member

Policy makers believe their own lies now.

19. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

so when are we gonna DO something?

20. Antimatter235

Antimatter235 Member

The US govt has greedy motives behind prohibiting drugs. The War on Drugs is part of it. Of course they don't give a fuck about "informing" ppl or reducing drug abuse. They don't even think drugs are "bad", look at righ-wind people, the one who preach the most, a lot of them are hypocrites.