do u believe in the "law of attraction?"

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by i_was_in_shroom_land, Jul 22, 2013.

1. i_was_in_shroom_land

i_was_in_shroom_land Shroomier than you!

atleast i think thats what its called...

has nothing to do with dating.. or trying to win over your date or shit like that..

i mean like.. if you're thinking/talking about something or someone.. that you havent seen/thought about in years.. then suddenly they appear or contact you out of the blue in the next couple days..

like if you think about something enough.. it comes into your life somehow..?

i dunnoo.. its happened a couple times to me...

like i'd be thinking about someone randomly.. wondering how they're doing.. then.. i'd run into them in the next couple days..

its so weird. lol.

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Shit happens... Seriously!

3. nz male

nz male Senior Member

Don't you mean love at first sight ?

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

There is something to it, I am sure.

5. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Um, when ever I think or talk about someone I haven't thought or talked about in a while... well, not when ever... but very, very often... I end up hearing from them or seeing them. So, yea, it's a little uncanny.

I don't think you can do it purposely though... like "oh I miss so and so... I'll invoke them"... but spontaneously it happens all the time.

6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

It is very attractive.

7. i_was_in_shroom_land

^ right? isnt it weird.? lol without even trying to make it happen.. it just happens. lol

8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

and apparently a law...

9. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

haha, well, that's what im saying. I don't think you CAN try it.
    like, right now I will think about something (not something I really really want right now... don't wanna jinx it but something/someone I don't care if I see) and I guarantee I wont see him...
    but if it happens by accident...

10. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

Consciously , unconsciously , for good , for bad we all create our reality . This is what this law is all about , yes it is for real .

11. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

In all actuality I'm sure someone would say.... well, how many people that you haven't seen or heard from in a while do you think of... so wouldn't it make sense that sometimes you'd run into someone after you've thought about them? And then you are remembering it more because it is memorable.

Then they'd also maybe give that deja vu explanation... you know you could have seen them near you out of the corner of your eye and your brain picked it up but not your perceptive/conscious to thought brain...

Or...okay, you thought about them (consciously) and then you subconsciously went to more places that reminded you of them and alas...saw them
    (and in that instance it would fit what desert rat said about consciously or unconsciously creating your own reality)

blah blah...

so I don't know...

12. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I don't know if I believe in it to that degree.

But I believe that if you think/focus on negative things, negative things will come to you. Or basically you will get yourself stuck in a cycle of negativity.

And the same goes for positivity.

13. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Well, on that note-there are many times where you will talk to two different people- who have been through almost exactly the same experience.. or something very, very similar.. but you'd never know it based on your interaction with them. You'd basically think one of them had good things happen and one of them terrible things... but they were the same. That's attitude. (obviously)... and very true.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i have observed a kind of statitical function, though my observations may be anecdotal in this regard. i don't know about people, as that is not really what i think in context of, but thinking in terms of experiencing cooler weather ever so slightly increases the likelihood of it happening.

it still coincidence. its just that under the bell curved hill of probability we can sometimes move things around in our cave.

15. acuarela

acuarela Member

synchronicity!

16. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

acuarela is correct, what is being discussed in this thread is not what "law of attraction" is supposed to detail but rather it is one of the more common and simple events included under the phenomenon called synchronicity, a phenomenon first scientifically approached in the technical journals and at annual psychologist symposiums by the Swiss psychologist Carl Gustav Jung (in fact, often times the literature put forth in these technical journals and later in the 'collective' volumes published to give a comprehensive oversight of Jung's work were simply transcriptions of lectures he gave at the symposiums). Synchronicity can be most simply described as the perception of meaningful significance occurring within the relationship between two supposedly acausal events; in other words, the phenomenon renders what would otherwise be considered as coincidental, meaningful. The law of attraction, on the other hand, as I understand it, is an even more whimsical attempt to explain a fundamental principle in nature, namely that like attracts like. In a perfect world, this would constitute an insignificant portion of common sense, but in the world we live in, this apparently needs to be taught to people and those who take advantage of this fact make a lot of money in doing so, by printing bestsellers like "The Secret". If that is truly a secret, then I'm afraid there is simply no longer any reason to live.

17. i_was_in_shroom_land

ahh.. well said. lol

18. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

Thanks. It was a bit sarcastic towards the end, but this is only because I actually know people, I mean I'm talking "IRL" people here who I thought (as in, the past tense) were at least somewhat intelligent, who bought The Secret and even bought the DVD and thought that they were going to become rich by applying these teachings to their lives. Needless to say, things did not go according to plan..

19. i_was_in_shroom_land

lol yeah.. i dunnoo.. didnt really like that dvd.. havent watched it in years.. but i remember not liking it.. and thinking it was all bs. lol
    i was told because i was close minded.. but i'd rather call it being realistic.. lol.