do u believe in perfection?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Deleted member 309806, Nov 17, 2020.

1. does you believe in perfection?
    what does perfection truley being?
    is a spilled cafe be perfect in the way it falls? like itd evaporate and leave a stain. you could clean it up with a rag and ball it up or hang it up to dry. even burn it.

Ajay0, mysticblu21 and ~Zen~ like this.
  2. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

To quote from the Duckman cartoon, you need imperfection as a driving force to gain perfection.

3. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Yes.

Leo's bathe in the quest for perfection.
    I discover some in my life everyday.

mysticblu21 and ~Zen~ like this.
  4. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I notice both the imperfect and the perfect, and accept them for what they are.

Sometimes it is a feature, sometimes it is a flaw... but if the roof keeps you dry, you can't complain... too much.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  5. Angelmama

Angelmama Angel Lifetime Supporter

Perfection is something to strive for even though you know you're never going to reach it.
    That, I think, is the purpose for life here on earth.

~Zen~ likes this.

6. clairo is lovely

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

as a process, also called optimization.
    a perfectionist's work is never done. lol.

is there a point beyond which a thing cannot be improved?
    probably depends upon the motivation and concept of method for improving it.

or for that matter, what is meant by doing so.

Ajay0 likes this.
  8. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

In my machine shop I worked at, I was able to cylindrical grind a male part and then a female part, so that when put together (male into female) air could barely escape, and the male part slowly displaced the air through the female simply from gravity at about .050 per min, until the parts completely came together.

If I'd machined the part + or - .0001 the part would've gravitated together faster or not at all

The part was for an aluminium Navy boat engine

scratcho, Ajay0, ~Zen~ and 1 other person like this.
  9. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I always appreciate finely made machinery, and my life depends on it every time I drive the car. It may not be perfect, but it works! I think that is perfect... for me.

Ajay0 and Pete's Draggin' like this.
  10. Angelmama

Angelmama Angel Lifetime Supporter

You have a talent, Pete, for making the simplest and most innocent thing sound sexual.
    Very descriptive!

~Zen~ and Pete's Draggin' like this.
  11. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

When fitting together, would the male component needed to be placed in dry ice first?

12. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

^nope
    Room temperature

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i believe we live in a statistical universe, and that most probabilities can be improved upon.
    and of course there are exceptions to exceptions to exceptions, because that's part of it being a statistical universe too.

14. nawww we aint no statistic. they want u to think that ur be an numbero but really ur an animal, right? shure u can count the cows you see on a field but evil spirits will harvest this energy. just as you dont knock on the farmers door and ask ''how much cattle do you have?'' this is very disrespectful

15. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

I think external perfection at all times is impossible because one cannot have control of all outside factors in time and space.

But inner perfection is a possibility because one's inner state is within one's control and influence at all times.

16. like an external perfextion or imperfextions is subjective. to see a tree as beautiful may seem perfect to the beholder yes this tree grow like dat. but it goes thru drought and also a birds make nests in the branches. also a ivy may grow on this tree. just like people get drouhhts famines disease wars like u get a scar when you bleed. but this is very good.

17. if you breathe and believe in yourself. but the thoughts do you clear them or guide them? and dont spirits or ghoasts talk to us and work with our inner being?

18. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

It is the nature of the raw mind to tend to inertia, negativity and reactivity. But it can also be trained and refined to view the positive and beautiful in all things while being realistic.

Yeah, the tree is beautiful in normal times, but also in drought too. It has a beauty of its own which can be perceived by an equanimous mind transcending conditioned likes and dislikes.

19. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Having been an employed roofing worker and an owner of a roofing company, when an employee said, when performing a chore--"that's pretty good,"I would always say--"that's not good enough--make it perfect." That's how I taught my boys also and that's what they shoot for. Everything perfectly straight using the best materials, excellent flashing work and no cutting corners on anything. Charging people thousands of dollars and trying and and in many, many cases succeeding in doing shit work is not my way of doing things. People wouldn't believe some of the shit work we see. Fuckinay I believe in perfection in this particular case as mentioned. Otherwise, in most areas of life, perfection is on a sliding scale. Pretty good pie, pretty good lady friend, pretty good car, pretty good house, pretty good friends,etc,etc ------is mostly pretty good.