Do shrooms go bad?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by grebbr, Mar 11, 2008.

1. grebbr

grebbr Member

Hey, I was wondering if shrooms go bad? I have had some shrooms sitting in my room for a few months now, but never gotten around to take them... do you think they are still good?

2. G0dm4ch1n3

G0dm4ch1n3 Senior Member

Were they fresh or dried?

3. vibra

vibra Member

Psilocybin and psilocin do degrade with age, exposure to heat and oxygen and so on. You should store the dried mushrooms in an air tight container in a cold and dark place.

4. grebbr

grebbr Member

theyre dried

5. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

They haven't lost more than 10% of their potency if they were at room temp.

6. ShadyGrove

ShadyGrove Member

Should be good. Make sure to use a quality container for better results. It's worth high grade Tupperware and should be stored in no light at room temperature as previously stated.

7. 36fuckin5

36fuckin5 Alchemycologist

These guys pretty much summed it up. Just check that there's no mold and they should be fine. Maybe a little less potent, but that's it. For best results, put them in a Tupperware container in the freezer.

8. Peter Popper

Peter Popper Tripper

me and my friends had some shroom tea. had it the first week, and we all had amazing trips, one week later nothing changed we were all together in the same location, and it was a terrible trip for everyone. it was the same tea stored in the fridge. whats with that, mind you there was like 5 of us. it really felt like somthing happend to the tea.
    cause it would be unlikely for all 5 of us to have shitty trips in the same setting, when were all best friends. so enlighten me.

i dont know near as much about shrooms as acid. but i think iv heard some people say it can go bad or somthing and can make you go crazy for the duration of the trip? im not sure

9. cracker531

cracker531 Member

Did you guys think that there might be something wrong with it before drinking it? You might've just put yourself into having a bad trip...or something went wrong when it was in the fridge.

10. Peter Popper

Peter Popper Tripper

nah. nothin like that at all.

and mind you it was a week apart, we all measured the exact same dose from the same tea, and the trip wasnt as intense and it was shit. i thought tolerance was like 3-4 days. so i have no idea what went on there.

11. LC5555

LC5555 Member

I have just bought an ounce of shrooms and I want to hold on to some for a while...like store them for a month or so because they are very hard to get where I live. I have a little vacuum sealer at home...could I just put like 5-6 grams in a bag, take all the air out of it, and seal it and it will be good for a while....even just sitting in my room?