Do I have good taste?

Discussion in 'Music' started by tool420, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

i've been told the same thing a quite a few times and i listen to pretty much the same stuff.

2. infinito

infinito Member

You have pretty diverse tastes, which is good and you have some really good music, but you also have some REALLY bad music, like Korn, Linkin Park, etc.

Get more Nirvana, Pixies, White Stripes, and Led Zeppelin then get The First Session by Hole.

3. EXAchilles

EXAchilles Member

I agree with the mainstream comments, you only seem to have "the hits" from certain artists. Also, I notice no Hendrix, and a real significant lack of Chili Peppers. And Barbie Girl? I mean, I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but... really?

4. jacobfredjo

jacobfredjo Senior Member

ok, so you have the rock genre down :)....try listening to some other genres of music :) world beat jam is good (like the motet, or toubab krewe)....i have found the best music to be pretty much unclassifiable in terms of genre (zilla for example...hard to say what kind of music they play, they are completely original and feature a unique instrumentation...not your typical guitar, bass, drum, keys and vocals or whatever...)..good taste? that is for you and anyone else to say? eclectic? maybe in terms of rock...but even some good jazz (skerik's syncopated taint septet, garage a trois, even the classics like miles davis are missing...)

your still missing rory gallagher and leo kottke though lol....no rock collection can be complete without some rory, and leo is one of the finest folk/eclectic acoustic singer songwriters of all time imo...

not to mention you pretty much only listen to the mainstream stuff (which like previously stated may not neccessarily mean a bad thing...)...

you asked for our opinions of your musical taste lol....everyone will have their own opinion when it comes to music dude....just do me a favor and dont think what you hear on the radio is the best music out there....its actually quite the contrary...

5. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

MTV MashUps.. what kind of gay teenie bopper shit is that

6. heywood floyd

heywood floyd Banned

Some of it is good, some of it is okay, and some of it sucks ass.

To tell the truth, I don't understand people who listen to modern mainstream shit when they don't have to... don't you get enough of it crammed down your throat on a daily basis?

7. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

as far as the linkin park and whatever else got bashed about this dude's playlist: i don't think there's a person out there that doesn't have some sort of crap they don't like in their cd case. hell, i know i have a lifehouse cd in my case from like middle school.

8. EXAchilles

EXAchilles Member

I don't any more. Like 2 months ago I went and threw out all my Limp Bizkit and shitty music that I thought was cool when I was ten.

Now as for guilty pleasures... that's a totally different story.

9. VaporDude

VaporDude Member

if it wasn't for artists such as limp bizkit, i don't even know what would exist.

10. Steal my sunshine

Steal my sunshine Member

looks generic. there's a lot of good stuff there, i'm sure just about anybody could pick out an artist they like... especially something like ACDC. who the fuck doesn't like ACDC.

point is, how come you don't dig real far? everyone knows/likes the mainstream stuff... where's your obscure tastebuds?

11. infinito

infinito Member

What's up with this thread? I cant read page 4

12. Joey Cid

Joey Cid Member

too mainstream for me.. but to each his own

13. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

You posted, you didn't get the answers you wanted, deal with it.

14. Dunnox

Dunnox Member

No, your taste isn't too good. There's a few brilliant artists tho.

15. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

Check out some Indie rock
    and underground early 70s psych, folk and blues

Late 60s/early 70s prog and space rock

Maybe a little post rock, few ambient staples.

Than come back.

16. Harpo

Harpo Member

Half your list should be artists most people haven't heard of, then it'll be a good list (doesn't matter who, or which styles, just 'obscure' stuff)

17. heywood floyd

heywood floyd Banned

^^^Oh, you mean as opposed to 'musical' products polished into the most soulless, obvious, formulaic, bland, radio-friendly drivel possible?

18. dereistic

dereistic Member

nothing really out of the ordinary, a lot of commerical stuff, stop listening to the radio.

19. prissbaby

prissbaby creepy

Yeah, if I looked through your Ipod I'd probably think you had pretty boring taste in music. like out of all of the classic rock you have on there, none of it is very good classic rock... and none of the rap you have on there is very good rap... all just stuff you'd hear playing on the radio repeatedly.

20. nldn

nldn Senior Member

You have Eminem who I have no time for.