Do I give up or keep going ??

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Cheyenne Manshack, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Cheyenne Manshack

Cheyenne Manshack Newbie

I used the twist and rip method and back comb to create my dreads. They are a little over a month and a half old but some are unraveling despite my best attempt to either rip them back into the dread or crochet. Some of the dreads look great and have very little stray hairs. The others feel like a lost cause. I've decided to start ignoring them more and just palm rolling each one to avoid more frustration. There is no one in my city that works with straight hair and dreads and I'm getting a little hopeless.

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I used to have some. I wish I had a picture. I got tired of them after as much time and combed them out. I only had a few I guess. They were not really knotted very well. I bet you could put some kind of product in the hair to make it stay. Depends on your philosophy I suppose...

3. Cheyenne Manshack

Cheyenne Manshack Newbie

I have considered in but I've been told by so many that that can be dangerous for the dread.

soulcompromise likes this.
  4. Maybe get your hair dresser to do them for you

5. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

^never say this to a twist and ripper

op-give it at least 6 months....

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Rly?

That's weird if you think about it though. Because hair products aren't usually dangerous. Maybe they know what they're talking about though, I don't know. I have used a couple of pomades that are really kind of gummy that would probably facilitate knotting. But I have short hair.

I think it's Beyond the Zone's "Rock On", but I might be mixing them up. I've used a few... There's one by Beyond the Zone though that's really sort of putty. Lol. It's hard to work with and as such it doesn't wash out that easy and all of that.

7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Just Leave Them Alone And Let Them Form Naturally.........I Am Growing My Second Set Of Dreads

In 12 Years.......Both Sets Were Formed Without Laying A Finger On Them.

The First Set Formed Long And Thin With 55 Dreads.......The Second Set Are Forming With

Half The Number Of Dreads But They Are Short And Fat.......Good Luck And I Hope You

Enjoy The Journey As Much As I Have...... :D

Cheers Glen.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

why not now?

9. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Somebody "Slap" Him Please....... :rolleyes:

Cheers Glen.