do I believe in natural?

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Luxiebow, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

haha@Callie. NP: it ain't a joke, why you find it funny?

2. Tzee Xicu the Manifest

Tzee Xicu the Manifest Member

facepalm.jpg

3. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

everyone's neglect journey is different. some (like another poster said) take six months and don't appear to be matting. others show locking after a few weeks.

if your bf really was 100% neglecting his hair and washing it without conditioner i don't see how his hair wouldn't knot up. but maybe 3 years wasn't long enough. :cheers2:

4. darthkacie

darthkacie crazy diamond

I am pretty new to the whole dreading process, but as far as I'm concerned natural is definitely a very good way of dreading hair.

it may just be that my hair is very .. dreadable. haha. it's very fine, like baby hair almost, but I have a lot of it.

I'm only around two weeks out and I've got baby dreadies going, mixed in with hair that is as of yet undreaded.

I think I'm making good progress, so I definitely think natural works for some people. all I did was put down the comb and switch shampoos, and occasionally separate very large knotted areas.

5. brayingdonkey

brayingdonkey Member

neglect seems to work very very well for people with fine hair. also locks of fine hair tend to be way tighter than locks of coarse hair in my experience.

6. enayes

enayes Member

Bingo!!!

/end thread

there's your answer luxie

7. springheeleddah

springheeleddah Member

no dude, i think you are misleading... you even forgot to highlight this one as well..

"I'm not saying he did, just that it seems more likely than his hair being impossible to dread."

come one guys, lets not even bury the fact that some heads are simply undreadable, or if it does, it takes longer time..

like mine.. haha..

8. White Snow

White Snow Member

but enayes said "/end thread"?
    Shouldn't we listen?

9. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

moar pics of your husband plz *faps*

10. Callie4Strings

Callie4Strings Official Spokes Bitch

I agree I have coarse thick hair. Even now after 6 months of thinking I was making progress I am finding straight hair. A few are knotty at the root....straight...then knotty at the ends...driving me crazy!!!!! Should I rebackcomb these few ornery boogers??????

11. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

I wouldn't backcomb again Callie, your hair looks great :) mines the same. Just let it be!

12. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

loose hairs are awesome imo

13. Callie4Strings

Ahhhh so nice to know I am not the only one Luxie. So will these straight hairs in the middle eventually knot up on their own??????

14. amybird

amybird Senior Member

Yes! I had several portions along my dreads that were completely straight and I really couldn't see how they would ever knot... I'm not sure when it happened, but it did :)

15. Dragonvine

Dragonvine I do Glass

Hehe amy you're all pink again yay xD

I had looooads of 3 inch straight sections at the ends of my dreads, I waited and waited for them to knot up on their own but they didn't... My hair is boone straight and soft so I had to give 'em a little help :) Boo for impatience lol

I do apologise when I said 'non naturals unite' but it is a thread that has been going on for a bit in the past and I know I'm not the only one who feels threatened by the 'you should try natural first' remarks. I do feel insulted, and patronised.

We all have our reasons for choosing each method. Each method is special and right for each person, so it is wrong for people to preach, unless someone is asking for adivce.

Obviously in some cases some methods don't work for some individuals. I.e. the point of this thread. I don't think we'll ever find out why, its just how it is ^^

16. Callie4Strings

Patience is not my virtue....but I will try to give em a little more time!!!

Exactly Dragon. Its why I got so damn hot in another thread. "well you used wax so you must be uninformed or acted on a whim". I really would like to know where some of these folks buy their crystal balls cause I want one!!!!

17. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

yes of course. just give it //time\\

:cheers2:

18. amybird

amybird Senior Member

Ok, do you reckon there is an amount of time after which, if no knots have started to form, they are just not going to? What's the longest someone should wait before just doing a bit of backcombing? A year with no knots? Two? More? What is it that makes a person wait any longer....a sort of stubborn smugness or what?

19. Dragonvine

Dragonvine I do Glass

20. amybird

amybird Senior Member

Whuh?! It wasn't rhetorical! I want answers lol